Boys with autism may grow faster as babies

There are 12 comments on the KOTA Television story from Oct 7, 2011, titled Boys with autism may grow faster as babies. In it, KOTA Television reports that:

Boys with autism tend to grow faster as babies, with differences from typically developing infants seen in their head size, height and weight, a new study says.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOTA Television.

alicenevan

Independence, MO

#1 Oct 7, 2011
Does anyone have a son with autism and microcephaly? He also had plagiocepahly and wore a helmut. Now he is very tall for his age but no one can give me any answers on the small head size - we have had ct scans and mri's and genecists look at him.
any other ideas? I worry he will be a 6 foot tall adult with a 5 year old head size. he has speech delays and has issues with chewing his food.
tx
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#2 Oct 8, 2011
alicenevan wrote:
Does anyone have a son with autism and microcephaly? He also had plagiocepahly and wore a helmut. Now he is very tall for his age but no one can give me any answers on the small head size - we have had ct scans and mri's and genecists look at him.
any other ideas? I worry he will be a 6 foot tall adult with a 5 year old head size. he has speech delays and has issues with chewing his food.
tx
Vaccines cause genetic mutation. Read the Genome Project report.
Joe Krupinski Genome

Glen Head, NY

#3 Oct 8, 2011
At last, a decent piece of advice to a desperate mother, FBomber, are you aware of having a consience all of a sudden?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#4 Oct 8, 2011
Most people don't expect others to actually read what the Genome Project says, and hopes no one does read it and just believes what they say. Anyone can look this up.
Genome Project found CNVs which are submicroscopic duplication, deletions, or rearrangements of genetic materials in the DNA. Several of these CNVs were increased copy numbers located in chromosome 15 and were maternally inherited. While 'some' believe vaccines are all powerful and are responsible for this, the study actually suggests that tiny genetic errors may occur during formation of the parents' eggs and sperm, and these variations are copied during creation of their child's DNA.

Some people who have the need to blame will never accept a genetic under lining.
Joe Krupinski Babies

Glen Head, NY

#5 Oct 8, 2011
I think you are right on target, Friend, when you say that people hate the thought of blaming themselves for the genetic possibility of autism. They, of course, would rather place the condemnation on vaccines, irregular treatment and such in order to free themselves of guilt. This drives them into a stone wall of righteousness in seeking another reason for their child's ailment. Could this be your story, FBomber? If so, why not reevaluate your antagonism toward vaccine use. Can it be that Pharma is not fully at fault as you and others argue?

Location hidden

#6 Oct 8, 2011
The difference is, the Pharma didn't intentially create vaccines to harm any one and yanks any medicine/ vaccine which is found to harm more than a minority. I didn't intentially have children to pass on any thing to them, but it does happen. I passed on my eye color, hair color and smile. I could no more dictate those things as I could something genetic. Blame is unproductive and a waste of energy trying to prove an impossible, untentional occurrance.
FBOMBER

Winkler, Canada

#7 Oct 9, 2011
Joe Krupinski Babies wrote:
I think you are right on target, Friend, when you say that people hate the thought of blaming themselves for the genetic possibility of autism. They, of course, would rather place the condemnation on vaccines, irregular treatment and such in order to free themselves of guilt. This drives them into a stone wall of righteousness in seeking another reason for their child's ailment. Could this be your story, FBomber? If so, why not reevaluate your antagonism toward vaccine use. Can it be that Pharma is not fully at fault as you and others argue?
And you believe the worldwide autism pandemic is caused by millions of parents suddenly passing on faulty genes. Something never seen in science before in these numbers. Absurd. The common denominator is vaccine ingredients ethylmercury, aluminum, and formaldehyde, which are all neurotoxic, mutogenic, genotoxic, and endocrine disrupting. Get out your dictionary, because a dopey dope like you will need it.
FBOMBER

Winkler, Canada

#8 Oct 9, 2011
Joe Krupinski Genome wrote:
At last, a decent piece of advice to a desperate mother, FBomber, are you aware of having a consience all of a sudden?
No dopey, the report says genetics are not responsible.

Location hidden

#9 Oct 9, 2011
Speaking of 'dopey dopes'- better get your own dictionary dusted off. Autism is not a pandemic.
The comedy get's better and better tonight!
FBOMBER

Winkler, Canada

#10 Oct 9, 2011
friend wrote:
Speaking of 'dopey dopes'- better get your own dictionary dusted off. Autism is not a pandemic.
The comedy get's better and better tonight!
Neither was H1N1 but they used the term to their advantage.
Joe Krupinski Friendly

Glen Head, NY

#11 Oct 14, 2011
There is a gentleman on another thread who said autism may be good for some people, at least in a few ways. Well, I know an 11-year-old boy, a classmate of my wife's older son, who is autistic and can do the Rubik's Cube in 8.2 seconds which has got to be some kind of record. A year ago Gabriel woujld not look me in the eye and not efen say hello despite his father's urging. Today he greets me instead of the other way around. He carries on a normal conversation when he never did before. The kid has blossomed beautifully. It seems like a miracle and maybe it is one of God's graces in action. But it is a great pleasure seeing him at school or on our main street in Sea Cliff. I want him to meet my autistic grandson.
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#12 Oct 14, 2011
Joe Krupinski Friendly wrote:
There is a gentleman on another thread who said autism may be good for some people, at least in a few ways. Well, I know an 11-year-old boy, a classmate of my wife's older son, who is autistic and can do the Rubik's Cube in 8.2 seconds which has got to be some kind of record. A year ago Gabriel woujld not look me in the eye and not efen say hello despite his father's urging. Today he greets me instead of the other way around. He carries on a normal conversation when he never did before. The kid has blossomed beautifully. It seems like a miracle and maybe it is one of God's graces in action. But it is a great pleasure seeing him at school or on our main street in Sea Cliff. I want him to meet my autistic grandson.
Yeah, when I met my wife I told her I wanted a son who could do rubrik's cube in under 10 seconds. Who cares if he'll never pass a grade, have a job, girlfriend, friends, drive a car, get married. Just doing the cube was all I wanted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yale University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boucher: Yale Should Condemn Student's Actions ... May 17 April Fawn Scheller 1
News Two Storm Connecticut Synagogue in Protest of IDF May 17 April Fawn Scheller 1
News Addiction program offers at-home treatment Apr 28 Jaimie 11
News The 'long goal is to weaken the EU,' expert says Apr '15 George 4
News Searching Online May Make You Think You're Smar... Apr '15 humanspirit 1
News Norwalk Police Undergo Training To Address Prob... Mar '15 kybrdplyr 1
News 5 Most Controversial Presidential Elections in ... Mar '15 meximan 1
More from around the web