7th grader shows he has mettle for college chemistry

Feb 7, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Warwickonline.com

Edward Joseph Mercure is an amazing kid. Known to most by his nickname "EJ," this Cranston student is far from ordinary.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2012

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

It's sad that some would want to cure a brain like that.

Great story!
Vaccines Maim Kill

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

friend wrote:
It's sad that some would want to cure a brain like that.
Great story!
You can't cure it now. Prevention would help. But SO WHAT a smart kid, lots of them around. Probably shouldn't be considered ADHD, but Pharma loves it, another person to sell pills to. Yeah, a great story if you're an uncaring provac, or you're ORAC, Brian Deer or Paul Offit. They'll be claiming this kid was part of a planned master race that vaccines are creating.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

Looks to me that if anything, vaccines made this kid smarter than you. Vaccines certainly didn't kill him. And of course you're assuming he's on medication.

Since: Dec 11

havelock, nc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

How can you make the judgement that he probably shouldn't be considered ADHD? There are plenty of smart people with ADHD, and some can even manage to do well in school despite difficulties(especially if the class is something they're interested in). If he was that set on taking a college class, then Chemistry(or some aspect of it) might even be his obsessive special interest that is a characteristic of ASD. Abnormally focused interests can be great things. So what if an autistic person isn't "well rounded"? If given the chance, a lot of autistic people could make great contributions to the field they are interested in(and I think that this is true with a lot of people of all functioning levels... That is, if they were given a chance, a suitable environment to work in, and the supports they need).

He did say that he had problems with organization. If he's anything like me, then that(or only being interested in parts of the course and not others as much, or not getting homework done...) is likely the reason that he has a B instead of an A.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

You're mistaken. No one listens to your rants about Pharma, and how you twist every article into a vaccine topic.
You simply fail to be able or willing to acknowledge the accomplishments of a child with a disability because it goes against your thinking any accomplishments of a disabled person shouldn't be celebrated for their fine abilities that go beyond typical-abled people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

Has nothing to do with comprehension. No one listens to you. So if they didn't listent o begin with, why would they start now?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Vaccines Maim Kill wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably shouldn't be considered ADHD, but Pharma loves it, another person to sell pills to.
So ASDs are overdiagnosed to sell pills? Meaning the ASD diagnosis rates you rant about aren't accurate?
Vaccines Maim Kill

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
So ASDs are overdiagnosed to sell pills? Meaning the ASD diagnosis rates you rant about aren't accurate?
I have not ranted about ASDs dufus. I'm pointing out how Pharma gets to double dip by causing spectrum disorders and then treating them.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

As with any drug..it cures then kills..you build upo an immunity after a certain amount of time. No one understands the human brain fully...only Our Creator can answer the questions..we are all guinea pigs, concerning our reaction to any chemical compound taken internally...whether ingested or injected. LIVE DRUG-FREE!
Vaccines Maim Kill

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Colorado Chick wrote:
As with any drug..it cures then kills..you build upo an immunity after a certain amount of time. No one understands the human brain fully...only Our Creator can answer the questions..we are all guinea pigs, concerning our reaction to any chemical compound taken internally...whether ingested or injected. LIVE DRUG-FREE!
Right on C.C.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Go ahead and live drug free. Watch where it get's you. But that too is still an individual's choice.
Colorado Chick wrote:

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

That's right, your main rants are vaccines. Pharma and anything they do is second.
Vaccines Maim Kill wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not ranted about ASDs dufus. I'm pointing out how Pharma gets to double dip by causing spectrum disorders and then treating them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Yale University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guest Post: Mexico's Aerospace Sector Takes Flight Aug 7 Sirius 1
The struggle to vote in Mississippi: 2014 and 1964 Jul 24 Yamully 1
No, Millennials Aren't Obsessed With Hooking Up Jul '14 Thomas J Ruthefor... 1
Embryonic stem cells offer new treatment for mu... Jun '14 Sacramento Copaxo... 1
Braille Bible BBQ Jun '14 Abishai100 1
Bloomberg: NYPD's monitoring of Muslims was legal (Feb '12) Apr '14 LAVON AFFAIR 4
Reports of 2 sex assaults at Yale frat house Mar '14 Visitor from ice box 2

Search the Yale University Forum:
•••