Johnson to be fourth generation in ministry

Aug 19, 2011 Full story: The Union

When Johanna Johnson is ordained into the ministry of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America on August 28, it will mark a significant milestone on two different journeys.

Full Story
Robert

Silver City, NM

#1 Aug 19, 2011
confessional lutherans are about the only ones left that find a woman pastor shocking and strange ..
even the southern baptists have women pastors in some of there churches .. assymby of God churches have lot of them .. Confessional lutheran have not one woman pastor if they did they would no longer be confessional Lutherans.
Yes

Aldrich, MO

#2 Aug 23, 2011
Either you believe in and follow the Lord's Word or you are none of His.

1Cor 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

2Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

1Tim 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Tim 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Tim 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yale University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Higher education affordability group taps Tupel... Sep 17 Debt 1
Guest Post: Mexico's Aerospace Sector Takes Flight Aug '14 Sirius 1
The struggle to vote in Mississippi: 2014 and 1964 Jul '14 Yamully 1
No, Millennials Aren't Obsessed With Hooking Up Jul '14 Thomas J Ruthefor... 1
Embryonic stem cells offer new treatment for mu... Jun '14 Sacramento Copaxo... 1
Braille Bible BBQ Jun '14 Abishai100 1
Bloomberg: NYPD's monitoring of Muslims was legal (Feb '12) Apr '14 LAVON AFFAIR 4
•••

Yale University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••