No longer second-class Christians

No longer second-class Christians

There are 1 comment on the SavannahNow story from Feb 12, 2011, titled No longer second-class Christians. In it, SavannahNow reports that:

Portraits of Richard Allen and other African Methodist Episcopal bishops, surrounded by scenes including Wilberforce University, Payne Institute, missionaries in Haiti, and the A.M.E. church book depository in Philadelphia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SavannahNow.

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#1 Feb 12, 2011
The AME church in this town is very old and on the historical registry. The congregation really is a wonderful group of people. I was amazed when I was doing some family related research to find out how much they knew about the slave owner and slave relationships were still known within the congregation and others in the area. People here still knew which plantation and family owned their ancestors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilberforce University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News legaciesThe Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win t... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News Jesse Jackson coming to Dayton as commencement ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Net Nut 1
Legendary Weed Hustlers (Mar '14) Mar '14 Legend 1
Black Family Loyalty (Jan '14) Jan '14 Hello 1
News Wilberforce creates transition team as it seeks... (Nov '13) Nov '13 The Old Cold Warrior 1
Federal Informant Lockdown College Campuses (Oct '13) Oct '13 MrT 1
News Photo courtesy Xenia Community FestivalXenia Co... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ed Chamness 1
More from around the web