Extras casting call for 'major Hollyw...

Extras casting call for 'major Hollywood film' Aug. 21 in Silver City

There are 5 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Aug 10, 2011, titled Extras casting call for 'major Hollywood film' Aug. 21 in Silver City. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

A post Civil-war Western filmed in southwestern New Mexico will hold an extras casting call Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Silver City

Bayard, NM

#1 Aug 10, 2011
Please welcome our guests for the next several months, as this is a huge economic shot in our county's arm.

Thank you, Be nice, I know these are words most of you do not understand OR PRACTICE. You know: Nice, manners, polite, customer service, to our megaspending guests.
Sasquach

Silver City, NM

#2 Aug 11, 2011
Silver City wrote:
Please welcome our guests for the next several months, as this is a huge economic shot in our county's arm.
Thank you, Be nice, I know these are words most of you do not understand OR PRACTICE. You know: Nice, manners, polite, customer service, to our megaspending guests.
you choose to speak to us as "Silver City", ask everyone to be nice to the poor simple Hollywood folk as if they are some how more important than Mrs Monzano or Mr Smith who spend there hard earned money in grant county every day.

OK that is fine it doesn't make you a bad person just a toadie boot lick to anybody with the budget to afford you.

However you follow this request up with a slam against the the people who really make up Silver City. you truly stand as a beacon of good breeding, civility and manners to the rude, lazy, uncouth New Mexicans around you.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 11, 2011
Lol, same person in both posts... Nice try.
the FUHRER

Fresno, TX

#4 Aug 11, 2011
Post civil war film...wonder what the story content consists of?

Stop and think about this for a minute. Depending on what "extras" the producers are looking for, we could see the importing of a lot more Katrina evacuees of the dark-skinned persuasion.

Just as an observation, I've noticed many more around these parts in the last few months. If they'll come here and act half way civil, they're more than welcome if you ask me. If they go the other way, which most statistics and real-life examples have proven they will, we'll have a mess on our hands and yet another sect of political correctness being rammed down our throats.

I may have a reason to root for and support our local Mexican gang-bangers after all.
Sasquach

Silver City, NM

#5 Aug 11, 2011
CornDogz wrote:
Lol, same person in both posts... Nice try.
what would make you think so?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Western New Mexico University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... Sat SPAM 6
News Town council approves restoration of the Silco ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Tony Betterton 2
News Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... (Dec '14) Dec '14 billie 1
News Alamogordo's Alameda Zoo Director Steve Diehl r... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Martin 1
News Gila EDA Roundtable hears updates from meeting ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 just asking 1
News Grant County residents get a whiff of rotten eggs (Jun '14) Jun '14 Zeke the Geek 1
News Branch school honors Dia de los Muertos (Oct '13) Oct '13 I love the southwest 1
More from around the web