Date Set for Bowling Green's Hallowee...

Date Set for Bowling Green's Halloween Observance

There are 5 comments on the WBKO-TV Bowling Green story from Oct 4, 2010, titled Date Set for Bowling Green's Halloween Observance. In it, WBKO-TV Bowling Green reports that:

Now that October has arrived, many people are looking forward to Halloween. For trick-or-treaters, Halloween this year will be held on Sunday, October 31 between 4 and 7 p.m. Bowling Green city officials decided to hold Halloween on Sunday rather than moving the day due to safety concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBKO-TV Bowling Green.

Since: Dec 09

Bowling Green, KY

#1 Oct 5, 2010
How can they tell citizens that they can't be out after a certian time. They have not passed any laws or curfews that I know of. And I will observe Halloween on the day its suppose to be. Maybe I will celebrate Christmas on Sunday this year instead of Saturday, if that is ok with the police.
bookbuyer

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Oct 5, 2010
v-star rider wrote:
How can they tell citizens that they can't be out after a certian time. They have not passed any laws or curfews that I know of. And I will observe Halloween on the day its suppose to be. Maybe I will celebrate Christmas on Sunday this year instead of Saturday, if that is ok with the police.
No, I think you should probably go ahead and do your trick or treating on Saturday evening during WKU's football game. Local governments have traditionally placed this information in the media at the request of the people they serve.

Don't get your drawers in a wad over nothing. Enjoy trick or treating on Sunday evening like most of us and let your kids have a good, safe, time. Good grief Charlie Brown!!

Since: Dec 09

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Oct 5, 2010
You miss the point, They make it seem like its the law.
bookbuyer

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Oct 5, 2010
v-star rider wrote:
You miss the point, They make it seem like its the law.
Not really. I don't see anything in the news article stating you can't go trick or treating on Saturday if you wish. Maybe you are the one missing the point or just creating something from nothing. It is merely a guideline or the city commission would have to meet twice to pass an ordinance.
Sheriff Bart

United States

#5 Oct 5, 2010
"Excuse me while I whip this out".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Western Kentucky University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rogers-Decker (Aug '15) Mar 11 Unbelievable 2
News Massacre? Jokes fly in city known for car-eatin... Feb '17 The Real Donald T... 15
News Faculty meet with WKU president candidate for f... Jan '17 Zero 4
News Local Reaction to $700 Billion Bailout (Sep '08) Sep '16 Broken Arrow 3
News Former swimmer, university reach settlement in ... (Aug '16) Aug '16 hiccup 1
News Cooper-Burkhart Engagement (Jun '16) Jun '16 Americas 1
News Seriously, please take her stuff:' Tongue-in-ch... (May '16) May '16 jayzee foxworthy 4
More from around the web