Citizen Column: Henderson stations ov...

Citizen Column: Henderson stations overcharging for gas

There are 60 comments on the Evansville Courier & Press story from Jun 14, 2013, titled Citizen Column: Henderson stations overcharging for gas. In it, Evansville Courier & Press reports that:

In my opinion, the price of gas in Henderson is greatly inflated. Facebook pages have been filled with complaints concerning this matter for the last several weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evansville Courier & Press.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ecoiscool

Richmond, KY

#1 Jun 15, 2013
Funny, I use to drive to Henderson occasionally to buy gas because it was ALWAYS cheaper than owensboro.

Then I bought a Prius . Bahaha!!!!

Been laughing ever since at every gas station I see.
Since i filled up June 1st, No A/C & "pulse and glide" method of driving.= 65 mpg

Yes you read that right, I haven't hit the gas station since June 1st
ptsdlikedaddy

Crestwood, KY

#2 Jun 15, 2013
ecoiscool wrote:
Funny, I use to drive to Henderson occasionally to buy gas because it was ALWAYS cheaper than owensboro.
Since i filled up June 1st, No A/C & "pulse and glide" method of driving.= 65 mpg
Noting better than a sweaty fat feck who lives in parents basement. Yep you read it right every time I read about a fatty living in his parents basement I chuckle. hahshahahaha. Priuussux Oh and when I pulse and jerk I put baby batter on my belly.
666 fff

Henderson, KY

#3 Jun 15, 2013
ill give ya ptsd fckface
ptsdlikedaddy

Crestwood, KY

#4 Jun 15, 2013
666 fff wrote:
ill give ya ptsd fckface
No you won't not if you live in Henderson, KY. That alone makes you loose anything you start. Jump in the river and swim toward the fun that downtown henderson brings. Yes you gave me PTSD when I thought about my youth in that shithole. so suck it stay at home guy, college wasn't a choice huh?. or better yet were you from Union, webster co and you think you are living in the citay.
666 fff

Henderson, KY

#5 Jun 15, 2013
smarter than probition of green clouds sir.obvisouly need someone to stalk you and randomly throw sht at ya
666 fff

Henderson, KY

#6 Jun 15, 2013
hope you pay off student loans at 24.7 percent ahole.20 yrs haha wait you rich
who

United States

#8 Jun 15, 2013
I was in eastern ky last week gas was was 311 and 390 now that's crazy
semper fi

Tulsa, OK

#9 Jun 15, 2013
ecoiscool wrote:

And because you bought a Prius, taxes on gas are going up since the goverment is getting less tax revenue.
One of these day your going to learn they will get you one way or another, dumbass
666 fff

Henderson, KY

#10 Jun 15, 2013
a prius ford cost 5 gs for battery.smart scientist with able to go to a nuclear program could take over a oil country.be dead but run the new world
666 fff

Henderson, KY

#11 Jun 15, 2013
batteries are forth going to not release new technology!germany has 2 hydrogen gas places
ptr

United States

#12 Jun 15, 2013
Gas 3.25 today in Clarksville TN and in Hopkinsville.
ecoiscool

Richmond, KY

#13 Jun 15, 2013
ptr wrote:
Gas 3.25 today in Clarksville TN and in Hopkinsville.
Wow some real idiots on here that can't even spell.

Just drove to evansville and back. At 58mpg, it literally cost me about a $1.80.

Um, I own a house. Own. Like paid off

And I'm pretty sure buying a Prius didn't raise everyone's taxes. But if that's how your simple mind interprets things...
semper fi

Utica, KY

#14 Jun 16, 2013
ecoiscool wrote:
<quoted text>Wow some real idiots on here that can't even spell.

Just drove to evansville and back. At 58mpg, it literally cost me about a $1.80.

And I'm pretty sure buying a Prius didn't raise everyone's taxes. But if that's how your simple mind interprets things...
It has nothing to do with simple mind, and all to do with math. There was an article in the gleaner last week about the exact thing I'm talking about.
Lets make it simple for the libtard,
Goverment raises cafe standards (all US auto manufacturers have to comply by this) to raise fleet fuel ranges, small cars then get better mileage. When they get better mileage, they spend less at the pimp on fuel. The people who profit the most from gas is the goverment. With less gas being bought, less tax revenue is fill the coffers of the politicians.
Which (Like I fuckin said earlier) in turn forces the politicians to raise the price if gas per a gallon of gas. It's not difficult to understand if you aren't a fucking libtard idiot.
semper fi

Utica, KY

#15 Jun 16, 2013
ecoiscool wrote:
<quoted text>Wow some real idiots on here that can't even spell.

And I own my houses also. Like,own,paid off....
BB Leroy Brown

Nortonville, KY

#16 Jun 16, 2013
semper fi wrote:
<quoted text>It has nothing to do with simple mind, and all to do with math. There was an article in the gleaner last week about the exact thing I'm talking about.
Goverment raises cafe standards (all US auto manufacturers have to comply by this) to raise fleet fuel ranges, small cars then get better mileage. When they get better mileage, they spend less at the pimp on fuel. The people who profit the most from gas is the goverment. With less gas being bought, less tax revenue is fill the coffers of the politicians.
Which (Like I fuckin said earlier) in turn forces the politicians to raise the price if gas per a gallon of gas. It's not difficult to understand if you aren't a fucking libtard idiot.
Actually the way I read it the state is talking about imposing a fee on folks that drive the super fuel efficient cars along with raising the gas tax 2.5 cents per gallon.
evoiscool

Richmond, KY

#17 Jun 16, 2013
semper fi wrote:
<quoted text>It has nothing to do with simple mind, and all to do with math. There was an article in the gleaner last week about the exact thing I'm talking about.
Here's the math. It's call the inevitable calculation.

Government needs taxes to support infrastructure.

Loss in fuel revenue because of the scary hybrid means they will need to generate "equitable taxes"

We will not be raising taxes. We will keep taxes the same.

You pay less taxes on gas. They need to make it up somewhere else.

So this house you own. Next year I tell you that you don't have to pay property taxes. The state needs to make this up elsewhere. So they create a "living tax."

Ergo. You're not paying more taxes. You are paying the same under a different name.

Unless you're still the idiot driving a fossil fuel guzzling truck in 2025.

Yup. This "proposal" and theory won't take effect till 2025.

Do some research, see how much taxes has increased from 12 years ago. Gas Taxes went up because there was a high demand for gas.

Too bad everyone wasn't driving electric cars 20 years ago. Then we wouldn't have any gas taxes right now.

Wouldn't that be nice. Maybe we wouldn't have had to go to a half dozen deserts to fight wars. O wait. That's a coincide right.

The people who profit most from gas is the government? You are entirely right sir, but it's not our government. It's those governments and kings in the deserts that are profiting.

Come on semper fi, surely you are aware of this given your background.
666 fff

Henderson, KY

#18 Jun 16, 2013
how can you put a fee on a hybrid lolbuy a hybrid cash put on taxes the government use to hand back money.they donez screwdballd everything
evoiscool

Richmond, KY

#19 Jun 16, 2013
semper fi wrote:
<quoted text>And I own my houses also. Like,own,paid off....
One more point - just because you come across as a selfish prick

I am more than happy to pay the proposed 3.5% increase.

I consider 3.5% an excellent exchange so that my kids won't have to breath smog and go to war!
666 fff

Henderson, KY

#20 Jun 16, 2013
hydrogen cars!go get some jars water.copper a air tank possibly a nuclear something for bombs hooray no more oil ««««that simple heck you could clean water heat your house create own electricty list goes on blah buying fuel effecient prolongs blood money soooo poooooop
666 fff

Henderson, KY

#21 Jun 16, 2013
if fuel efficiant and saving electricity or what heathens say"going green"why is money funded back?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Western Kentucky University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former swimmer, university reach settlement in ... Aug '16 hiccup 1
News Cooper-Burkhart Engagement Jun '16 Americas 1
News Seriously, please take her stuff:' Tongue-in-ch... May '16 jayzee foxworthy 4
News Recruiting students overseas to fill seats, not... Apr '16 Lucy Jane Ann 2
News Harley Elizabeth Hawkins wins E/MC Chamber Scho... Apr '16 Lucy Jane Ann 1
News WKU Students Open Home To Feed The Community Apr '16 Lucy Jane Ann 1
News WKU professor tracing the ancestry of dung beetles Apr '16 Sheri Jane 1
More from around the web