Bowling Green Now Third Largest City ...

Bowling Green Now Third Largest City In Kentucky

There are 7 comments on the WBKO story from Mar 19, 2011, titled Bowling Green Now Third Largest City In Kentucky. In it, WBKO reports that:

If you are someone who is into statistics, here is one for you. Seventeen point eight percent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBKO.

mouthybiatch

Floyds Knobs, IN

#1 Mar 19, 2011
If Blowing Green is that large of a city, like Louisville or Lexington, then why do we STILL NOT have a decent transit system? Why is the city government spending tax dollars on repairing downtown when they can be expanding out in the county? I thought after we reached a certain population, we were to get funding for a mass trasnsit system? What happened to that money? That opportunity? Just another way for Blowing Green to make money that really wouldn't cost anyone much of anything. Guess there wasn't enough profit for the big wigs to put into their pockets...just sayin
Mallard Duck

United States

#2 Mar 19, 2011
you are probably right,it may be as large as the other cities,there is one statistic it beats the others in and that is it has the most Greediest people in it,than any other city i know and i have live in a good many places.
hmmmm

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Mar 19, 2011
I'm not sure where you're getting your info. Bowling Green has a population of just over 50,000. Lexington is almost 300,000 and Louisville is almost 750,000. Bowling Green is no where as large as either of those cities.
Also, I don't understand your statement that something is another way for BG to make money that wouldn't cost anyone much of anything. Please elaborate.
faye

Pflugerville, TX

#4 Mar 19, 2011
I hope we don't get a mass transit system, and I hope we don't "expand in the county." what little country we do have left we should keep. Bowling green is getting too big!
jenny

Clarkson, KY

#5 Mar 19, 2011
Because the city government wants to pad all the "buddies" pockets. They want to raise your taxes and then do budget cuts. You would think you would get another fireman or policeman to help protect your family. Instead they cut them back when they are needed most. You don't see any of the "big wigs taking a pay cut to help out. Nope they replace the 8 retired public safety workers with 3 new people and feel satisfied. Of course all they have to do. Is call one of the Chiefs if they need anything. All along you have to wait 45 mins for a officer to show up to help you with your car when it's broken into.

Of course all the money they are spending on the downtown development is worth more to them than a life. They may say different but those "big wigs" are all about one thing in life. MONEY
Amy

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Mar 27, 2011
What about Hooters Coming to Bowling Green, Kentucky now? What will it take for them to get a Hooters. Have you ever been there as I mean they have almost every Restaurant known to America, but no Hooters!

“Don't Feed the Trolls”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#7 Mar 27, 2011
I would love to get a Hooters out here. I love their food! My husband still hasn't been to one :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Western Kentucky University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former swimmer, university reach settlement in ... Aug 10 hiccup 1
News Cooper-Burkhart Engagement Jun '16 Americas 1
News Seriously, please take her stuff:' Tongue-in-ch... May '16 jayzee foxworthy 4
News Recruiting students overseas to fill seats, not... Apr '16 Lucy Jane Ann 2
News Harley Elizabeth Hawkins wins E/MC Chamber Scho... Apr '16 Lucy Jane Ann 1
News WKU Students Open Home To Feed The Community Apr '16 Lucy Jane Ann 1
News Oldham County Board of Education selects new su... Apr '16 Lucy Jane Ann 1
More from around the web