Corvette Museum looks to win Pepsi grant

Corvette Museum looks to win Pepsi grant

There are 4 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Corvette Museum looks to win Pepsi grant. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

The National Corvette Museum is trying to raise money to build a KidZone within its facility by competing for a $50,000 Pepsi Refresh grant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

seriously

Canton, OH

#1 Jan 6, 2011
Like they need a grant it should go to some people who really need it,so sad!!
watchmyback

Homer Glen, IL

#2 Aug 13, 2011
seriously wrote:
Like they need a grant it should go to some people who really need it,so sad!!
A Kid"s Zone, for what!!
I can not even see why so many people find it so interesting to go on a corvette tour, which takes you though this museum. Guess maybe something to do, but come-on,Pepsi, should give kid's a grant for schooling, or helping the homeless, a KidZone is stupid.Those politican's in BG will be stuffing there pocket's with that one!STUPID. I won't drink Pepsi ever again. Just like I won't drive a corvette, That's a great idea, make corvette bumper car's to give the kid's something to do while Mommy & Daddy walk around the museum.I'm sure they can even do that!
truckonavette

United States

#3 Aug 13, 2011
Agreed, Pepsi should definitely use that grant for something other than a kids zone at NCM. I think they've had enough handouts there already with the city helping to back em n all. I know for a fact the guy that runs the place is a big local politician and so is his brother which happens to be the jailer. If they get that grant they should be made to do something with it instead of some kids place with a bunch of cars. Really? And they're supposed to be a non profit organization? BS folks, they are as much for profit as anyone else! I'd like to see the place crumble myself seeing as they don't do jack for the community that helps pay for the place! Also, they are trying to get a motor sports complex started on the other side of 65 and they already purchased the land.... What else are we going to be stuck with?
blah

Portland, TN

#4 Aug 13, 2011
truckonavette wrote:
Agreed, Pepsi should definitely use that grant for something other than a kids zone at NCM. I think they've had enough handouts there already with the city helping to back em n all. I know for a fact the guy that runs the place is a big local politician and so is his brother which happens to be the jailer. If they get that grant they should be made to do something with it instead of some kids place with a bunch of cars. Really? And they're supposed to be a non profit organization? BS folks, they are as much for profit as anyone else! I'd like to see the place crumble myself seeing as they don't do jack for the community that helps pay for the place! Also, they are trying to get a motor sports complex started on the other side of 65 and they already purchased the land.... What else are we going to be stuck with?
Lol! Wow, you are way off base! The Corvette Museum is not backed or funded by local government or by tax payers of south central KY. They are completely self sustained and provide roughly $20million to the local economy. The museum is the #1 tourist attraction to BG. You or I do not and have not ever paid for the museum. PERIOD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Western Kentucky University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colleges are a negative Jul '17 Never went to Col... 1
News 19-year-old best-selling author aims to inspire... Jun '17 wonder 1
News Rogers-Decker (Aug '15) Mar '17 Unbelievable 2
News Massacre? Jokes fly in city known for car-eatin... (Feb '17) Feb '17 The Real Donald T... 15
News Faculty meet with WKU president candidate for f... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Zero 4
News Local Reaction to $700 Billion Bailout (Sep '08) Sep '16 Broken Arrow 3
News Former swimmer, university reach settlement in ... (Aug '16) Aug '16 hiccup 1
More from around the web