Rehabbed eagle released, tagged for s...

Rehabbed eagle released, tagged for study

There are 2 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Jun 21, 2011, titled Rehabbed eagle released, tagged for study. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

A 2-year-old golden eagle struck by a vehicle along the Monroe-Mercer county line and nursed back to health at the Three Rivers Avian Center , near Hinton, is now providing data for a West Virginia University-based migration study via a cellphone-equipped backpack.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

Correction

Kimberly, WV

#1 Jun 26, 2011
This eagle was found in summers county 2miles from Monroe line. Monroe doesn't border mercer . I like how they posted it in the paper like the raptor center found and rescued the bird bunch of bull . My dad and some locals rescued the eagle I have the video on my cell phone. Would be willing to show it at any time. Don't take credit for something you didn't do other than nurse the bird.
router

Winfield, WV

#2 Jun 28, 2011
Maybe so,but an injured eagle who had not been nursed back to health has little chance of survival. Before you get all hacked off at the Avian Center, you should also think about how the story was reported. They write what they want, don't care much about accuracy, just want to sell papers. Relax, your dad & the Center did the right thing any way you look at it. And thank you all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Virginia University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Moorefield officer accused of sexual assault hi... (Aug '10) May '16 Knowledge is power 10
News Randolph County expected to grow Mar '16 DONALDTRUMPsux2016 12
News Kansas officials praise WVU's addition to Big 12 (Oct '11) Feb '16 Agreed 4
News Negotiations Between West Virginia University &... Feb '16 Fart news 10
News Business opposes W.Va. bill construed as anti-gay Feb '16 Mitt s Dog Crate ... 7
News Business Mounts Opposition to W.Va. Religious E... Feb '16 Fa-Foxy 7
News Hall: 'Right to work' fight is not over in West... Feb '16 KAREN 1
More from around the web