Report: 'Horrendous' black-white gap ...

Report: 'Horrendous' black-white gap at Wayne State

There are 64 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Oct 24, 2010, titled Report: 'Horrendous' black-white gap at Wayne State. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Graduation rates overall show a need for improvement, but they're particularly dismal for some minority groups.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#1 Oct 24, 2010
Apparently all of the "Afrocentric" bullshit isn't helping these people that brag..."We built the Pyramids"!

But are unable to graduate!

Don't tell me about Timbuktu, tell me why these Negroes can't graduate!

Don't tell me about the Olmecs, tell me why Leroy is so dumb, that he can't graduate!

Just as I thought!

Next!
Beatrice

Louisville, KY

#2 Oct 24, 2010
Jawga Boy wrote:
Apparently all of the "Afrocentric" bullshit isn't helping these people that brag..."We built the Pyramids"!
But are unable to graduate!
Don't tell me about Timbuktu, tell me why these Negroes can't graduate!
Don't tell me about the Olmecs, tell me why Leroy is so dumb, that he can't graduate!
Just as I thought!
Next!
Why would they want to graduate, work hard and be successful when they can blame thier laziness on the white man?

“Billionaire Boys Club”

Since: Dec 08

Stay In Your Own Lane

#3 Oct 24, 2010
Tell me why your trifling, country azz does nothing but google information about black folk all day long...
Blunt Mocker

London, UK

#4 Oct 24, 2010
but of course, that's all OUR fault, I suppose.
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#5 Oct 24, 2010
Beatrice wrote:
<quoted text>Why would they want to graduate, work hard and be successful when they can blame thier laziness on the white man?
Finishing college should be a breeze for them, after all,they built the Pyramids!

Hell, they can even name all of the Dynasties!

They tell us all of their knowledge was "stolen" from them!

I believe it too!

I think the white man entered Egypt with a vacuum cleaner, cut a round hole in all of the Negroes heads, and sucked all of the knowledge out!

Every since then, the Negro has failed miserably at competing against the leading races of the world!

Perhaps, that's why they can't finish college!

“I'm BACK, Baby!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6 Oct 24, 2010
WM are responsible for more than that. Like the fact that although I have never been there, apparently I am PERSONALLY responsible when some black dude rapes a white aid worker in Haiti.
http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/04/2...
AmberDru

Columbus, OH

#7 Oct 24, 2010
Wayne State in 2007 dropped their English proficiency requirement to graduate!

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100304/OPINI...

He stayed at Wayne for 15 years, as a student and a counselor, becoming a virtual "prisoner of Wayne," as he jokes, unable to graduate.

Mathis and another student unsuccessfully challenged the use of an English proficiency test as a requirement for graduation. In 1992, when the case went to trial, the lawsuit gained national attention. Mathis said then his failure to pass the test "made me feel stupid." The requirement was eventually dropped in 2007, and Mathis applied to get his degree the next year, after his election.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#8 Oct 24, 2010
Blunt Mocker wrote:
but of course, that's all OUR fault, I suppose.
where in this article did anyone blame some ugly white man mr uk?

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

#9 Oct 24, 2010
Chewie T wrote:
WM are responsible for more than that. Like the fact that although I have never been there, apparently I am PERSONALLY responsible when some black dude rapes a white aid worker in Haiti.
http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/04/2...
and who really cares about some black dude raping a white chick in haiti?

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

#10 Oct 24, 2010
Jawga Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Finishing college should be a breeze for them, after all,they built the Pyramids!
Hell, they can even name all of the Dynasties!
They tell us all of their knowledge was "stolen" from them!
I believe it too!
I think the white man entered Egypt with a vacuum cleaner, cut a round hole in all of the Negroes heads, and sucked all of the knowledge out!
Every since then, the Negro has failed miserably at competing against the leading races of the world!
Perhaps, that's why they can't finish college!
mental facilities need to bring their security systems up to date if they are to keep the likes of you from escaping.

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

#11 Oct 24, 2010
i don't believe for one second that the failure to graduate of our children at wayne state is not by design. but it is up to us to make sure our children get in college, stay in college and is able to afford to do so.

with this mindset this trend will have no other choice but to reverse itself.

“I'm BACK, Baby!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12 Oct 24, 2010
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
and who really cares about some black dude raping a white chick in haiti?
The white chick?
9th Element

Netherlands

#13 Oct 24, 2010
dragonpat wrote:
i don't believe for one second that the failure to graduate of our children at wayne state is not by design. but it is up to us to make sure our children get in college, stay in college and is able to afford to do so.
with this mindset this trend will have no other choice but to reverse itself.
Hi, how are you.

I heard a radio show last week. On that radio show was this psychologist being interviewed.

I have no time to go into depth about it. Because it's late over here. And I need to get up early.

So here is a link.

http://www.blackexperts.com/profiles/umar_abd...

“Obsidian Princess”

louisiana

#14 Oct 24, 2010
9th Element wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, how are you.
I heard a radio show last week. On that radio show was this psychologist being interviewed.
I have no time to go into depth about it. Because it's late over here. And I need to get up early.
So here is a link.
http://www.blackexperts.com/profiles/umar_abd...
im good.

thank you for the link, i read it. what really struck me was this:

His diverse array of past presentations and keynotes have included such topics as: Special Education Law, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivit y Disorder and Black Boys, Black-on-Black Violence, POST-TRAUMATIC SLAVERY DISORDER...

americans of african descent do not want to believe that so many of us are sufferring from trauma that our ancestors endured even hundreds of years ago.

i heard a scientist say that most if not ALL of the mental illness that AA's tend to suffer from is a DIRECT result of our peoples experience in slavery and i believe this so much.

anyway, we deffinitely need more people like this brotha because our children are dealing with much more then low grades, and high drop out rates.

something more is fueling this other then parental unconcern.
9th Element

Netherlands

#16 Oct 24, 2010
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
im good.
thank you for the link, i read it. what really struck me was this:
His diverse array of past presentations and keynotes have included such topics as: Special Education Law, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivit y Disorder and Black Boys, Black-on-Black Violence, POST-TRAUMATIC SLAVERY DISORDER...
americans of african descent do not want to believe that so many of us are sufferring from trauma that our ancestors endured even hundreds of years ago.
i heard a scientist say that most if not ALL of the mental illness that AA's tend to suffer from is a DIRECT result of our peoples experience in slavery and i believe this so much.
anyway, we deffinitely need more people like this brotha because our children are dealing with much more then low grades, and high drop out rates.
something more is fueling this other then parental unconcern.
Yes, and he addressed quite a few other things of such nature during that interview. Here is more.

http://www.blacknews.com/news/psycho_academic...

You know this a trolling site,were these racist butt sniffers constantly inhale as deep as they can.(metaphoric).

So I am not going to post certain things, I hope this is understandable?

boudicca

United States

#17 Oct 24, 2010
OMG!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Post Traumatic Slavery Disorder??? If you believe that, then you MUST believe that every child ever born to a woman who was raped and impregnated will FOREVER give birth to and father automatically traumatized children forever and ever. What mind enslaving BULLSHIT!!!! Stop buying into this slavery crap, it is nothing but brainwashing you to accept you HAVE to be inferior to White Johnny. Dr. Martin Luther King didn't live and DIE for you to accept this racial CRAP!!!! Look at what Dr. Martin Luther King and others achieved IN SPITE OF being told this kind of crap by a white supremacist society. Now YOU ARE TELLING IT TO YOURSELF!!!! YOU ARE AGREEING WITH EVERY RACIAL SLUR WHITE JOHNNY EVER SAID!!! How can you accuse the white man of keeping you down when you sound like a freakin Klansman, parroting every hateful thing ever said about the Black race? OMG!!!!!!
Blunt Mocker

Nuneaton, UK

#18 Oct 25, 2010
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
you are going to , though, as usual, blame Whitey for everything bad that happens to you people.

“Post a li.....ahh, nevermind”

Since: Oct 10

Truth or Consequences, NM

#19 Oct 25, 2010
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did he say the article said that?

(He didn't).
The fact is, blacks say it every day....
one way...
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
...or another.
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#23 Oct 25, 2010
Yep, blame it on slavery!

Slavery ended 145 years ago, but apparently some Negroes haven't found this out yet!

All Negro slaves form a line on the right.

All free Blacks form a line on the left.

Hummmmmmmmm.......

Now we can see why Negroes grades are so low!

Wayne probably accepted them through Affirmative Action.

But, but, but, but,...."we built the ........." @*%$&&&&&^ $@#$%%!!!
Anonymous

Stamford, CT

#24 Oct 25, 2010
Perhaps if the single african american mother would stop spreading her legs to strangers, and start raising her child so that he doesn't end up in prison, we wouldn't be in this mess. You can either blame the whites for being superior, or the single black parents for not doing their job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayne State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gentrification means - forced relocation' of Bl... Jun 10 Oh No You Di-nt 3
News Why Some Detroit Residents Claim To Live Somepl... May '15 reality is a crutch 3
News Wayne State researchers seek to stamp out herpe... May '15 Vince 1
News Protesters In Detroit Call For $15 An Hour Pay,... Apr '15 Just Say N 3
News Report: Update on Detroit walking man; Where is... Mar '15 Meanie 2
News #BlackLivesMatter March and Die-In at Noel Nigh... (Dec '14) Dec '14 reality is a crutch 1
News Creditor Syncora bets big on downtown Detroit's... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Free Kwame 1
More from around the web