Bicyclist Run Over By Bus On WSU Campus

Bicyclist Run Over By Bus On WSU Campus

There are 11 comments on the KXLY-TV Spokane story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Bicyclist Run Over By Bus On WSU Campus. In it, KXLY-TV Spokane reports that:

PULLMAN, Wash. -- A bicyclist suffered major injuries when he was run over by a Pullman Transit Bus Friday morning on the Washington State University campus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXLY-TV Spokane.

joe

Pullman, WA

#1 Nov 18, 2011
Bicycles should never be allowed on the roads, they should have to follow the same rules as a pedestrian! So stupid...
Bruce

Pullman, WA

#2 Nov 19, 2011
joe wrote:
Bicycles should never be allowed on the roads, they should have to follow the same rules as a pedestrian! So stupid...
Joe, he was not on the road, his bike slipped off the sidewalk under the bus. Don’t assume, it makes you look “stupid.”
Chernandez

Moses Lake, WA

#3 Nov 20, 2011
I was the one who called 911 and he slipped off the sidewalk into the road. So he was on the sidewalk
Al Coug

Pullman, WA

#4 Nov 20, 2011
I drove past before the ambulance arrived...I still think about that person and pray for their recovery. Very sad day.
Freedom Girl

Seattle, WA

#5 Dec 1, 2011
joe wrote:
As previous posters said, he was on the sidewalk. BTW...I am the wife of the victim, so please think first before you post insensitive comments, especially when you don't know anything about the situation. Thank you!
Freedom Girl

Seattle, WA

#6 Dec 1, 2011
Al Coug wrote:
I drove past before the ambulance arrived...I still think about that person and pray for their recovery. Very sad day.
As his wife, I thank you for your continued prayer. He is in a Seattle hospital and has a long road ahead to recovery.
Freedom Girl

Seattle, WA

#7 Dec 1, 2011
Chernandez wrote:
I was the one who called 911 and he slipped off the sidewalk into the road. So he was on the sidewalk
Thank you for being one of the people to help my husband!!!! You have my sincere gratitude!
Concerned in Pullman

United States

#8 Dec 4, 2011
Update on your husband's recovery?
Freedom Girl

Colfax, WA

#9 Dec 5, 2011
Thank you for asking. He was transferred to a Seattle hospital from Spokane last week. He has had several surgeries and has several more coming up over the next few weeks. There was a very high chance that he would lose one, if not both legs, but now it appears that he will keep both, although it is uncertain how functional they will be after recovery. He has a long road to rehabilitation ahead of him. Hopefully he will be home by Christmas.
Amber

Pullman, WA

#10 Jan 30, 2012
Any more/new news about your husband?
Sweet Freedom

Orofino, ID

#11 Jan 31, 2012
He returned home two weeks ago and is improving daily. There is still a very long road to recovery. He is able to put some weight on his left leg, but won't be able to put any weight on his right leg until around the first of March. We are just so grateful to have him home and looking forward to an optimum recovery!
Thanks for asking!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News daniel ramirez medina (Feb '17) Feb '17 spytheweb 2
News Community leaders urge WSU officials to reinsta... (Nov '16) Nov '16 tjpratt 1
News Claim: Reservoirs play substantial role in glob... (Oct '16) Nov '16 Earthling-1 4
News Novel gene resists toxic wheat disease that cos... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Trump's Turning GOP Into Anti-Vaxxers (Jul '16) Jul '16 TRASH SCIENCE 1
News WSU student busted for Greek Row drug sales (Feb '16) Feb '16 ANN 1
News Study: Organic Can Feed the World Sustainably (Feb '16) Feb '16 ANN 1
More from around the web