Spat over a terroristsa halts Conn. 9...

Spat over a terroristsa halts Conn. 9/11 memorial

There are 3 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester story from Nov 7, 2009, titled Spat over a terroristsa halts Conn. 9/11 memorial. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester reports that:

HARTFORD, Conn. - A memorial to honor a Sept. 11 victim from a small northwestern Connecticut town has been halted by the unexpected conflict arising from his father's insistence it say his son was murdered by "Muslim terrorists." Town officials in Kent are balking, saying it would be inappropriate to single out a religious group in a project on ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester.

fenster

Windsor, CT

#1 Nov 7, 2009
he sounds anti-semitic.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#2 Nov 7, 2009
How about a simple "Arab Bastards"?
john

West Hartford, CT

#3 Nov 8, 2009
While it is true that they were Islamic, the 9/11 attacks were not against people of a certain religion. People of many faiths, including Islam, died in the WTC attack and at the Pentagon. Their plot was against America, not any religion. Because of this, I think it would be honest and gracious to refer to them as simply "terrorists", and leave religion out of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington & Lee University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sweet Briar Students and Faculty Members Face a... Jun 23 Will Dockery 1
hazing Mar '15 Laramie 1
News Washington and Lee University Suspends Phi Kapp... Mar '15 Laramie 3
News Robert E. Lee's troubled legacy Feb '15 General Robert E Lee 2
News Va. university seeks dismissal of expelled stud... Feb '15 Laramie 1
News Confederate battle flags on Va. campus to be moved (Jul '14) Jul '14 LOVEMYHISTORY 2
News Students Demand Acknowledgement of Robert E. Le... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Uber-Bro of the U... 1
More from around the web