Finding the stories in African-Americ...

Finding the stories in African-American history

There are 1 comment on the Abc13.com story from Oct 22, 2011, titled Finding the stories in African-American history. In it, Abc13.com reports that:

Maybe the old hymnal stashed in the attic never belonged to Harriet Tubman, the black 19th century abolitionist who guided dozens of slaves to freedom, but still it could be priceless.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Abc13.com.

Sandy

Latham, NY

#1 Oct 22, 2011
This is my favorite slave story.

In some slave cases, incest occurred. One account tells of how a slave mother had a child who was badly burned on the side of his face. This slave child had accidentally fallen into an open fire. This child was taken from his mother and sold at a very young age. Years later this mother was matched for marriage with a young man. Upon asking this young man how he received the burn on the side of his face, he stated that he received the burn when he accidentally fell from his mother's arms into open flames, and burned the side of his face. The mother then recognized that her husband was also her son. The mother then fainted.

lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washburn University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kansas tax cuts on trial amid huge budget deficit (Jan '15) Jun '15 Former Kansas Wil... 8
News Boyer retiring from Extension Office after 32 y... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Anne Zander 1
News It's Your Business (Dec '13) Dec '13 maybe 1
News Church notes: Former Episcopal bishop to speak (Nov '13) Nov '13 John Marteny 4
News Law enforcement officials seeing more cases of ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 jorge 1
News At Kansas Statehouse, faith moves to the forefront (Sep '12) Sep '12 spin doctor 1
News See it: Nine year old takes stand against Westb... (May '12) May '12 centereach ny 6
More from around the web