4 Face Manslaughter Charges in Virgin...

4 Face Manslaughter Charges in Virginia Hazing Deaths

There are 7 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jun 3, 2013, titled 4 Face Manslaughter Charges in Virginia Hazing Deaths. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

New charges have been filed against all 4 of the men facing hazing charges in the drowning deaths of 2 Virginia State University students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

huck

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jun 6, 2013
I just don't understand initiation mentality, whether 'men of honor' or any frat/sorority for that matter. It must add some sort of worthiness/relevance to the social groups?
The Dude

Culpeper, VA

#2 Jun 6, 2013
huck wrote:
I just don't understand initiation mentality, whether 'men of honor' or any frat/sorority for that matter. It must add some sort of worthiness/relevance to the social groups?
It's gives a sense of common experiences. It's only a problem when sadistic d-bags get in positions of authority.
strange

United States

#3 Jun 6, 2013
If the group involved is not associated with VSU, can it really be considered hazing?
If the 'victims' chose to swim across the river on their own free will, is it really manslaughter?
central va citizen

United States

#4 Jun 6, 2013
If you want to play russian roulet with your gun, is it the gun makers fault?
Did anyone physically make them cross? Too many people involved. Marvel and Jauwan were responsible 19 year old adults for their actions. Quit blaming everyone else for stupidity.
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

#5 Jun 6, 2013
strange wrote:
If the group involved is not associated with VSU, can it really be considered hazing?
If the 'victims' chose to swim across the river on their own free will, is it really manslaughter?
I imagine all that will come up. Your comments make sense legally. It's like taking a dare. If you die, is it the fault of the person who dared you. I bet they are found innocent.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jun 6, 2013
what if a marine drill sergeant told them to do the same thing
Fred

Gloucester, VA

#9 Jun 11, 2013
huck wrote:
what if a marine drill sergeant told them to do the same thing
They would have made it across and then given 50 push-ups too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Robert Dean Taylor found guilty in 1993 1st deg... (Jul '08) Jul '17 post 25
News Middletown schools look to recruit more African... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Oh No You Di-nt 3
Part Time Job (Jul '16) Jul '16 VSU16 1
News Marion Noon-Day Whistle Now A Tradition (Jul '08) May '16 neK 22
News How race played into the decision to rename God... (Mar '16) Mar '16 concernd 1
News The Navy Is Naming A Ship In Honor Of Civil Rig... (Jan '16) Jan '16 LMAO 8
News State police cadet class graduates with record ... (May '15) May '15 m 1
More from around the web