Justifiable killings rise in Virginia...

Justifiable killings rise in Virginia and the nation

There are 5 comments on the Richmond Times-Dispatch story from May 29, 2011, titled Justifiable killings rise in Virginia and the nation. In it, Richmond Times-Dispatch reports that:

The number of justifiable killings committed by police and private citizens has been trending upward over the past decade, rising in 2009 to their highest levels in more than a dozen years in both Virginia and the nation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Richmond Times-Dispatch.

french dip

AOL

#1 May 30, 2011
These criminals don't learn that citizens are armed now. They have taken classes on self protection and the law has taught them when they can use deadly force.

“"Stand and Fight"”

Since: Sep 10

United States

#3 Jun 9, 2011
It's great that armed citizens have the capability to fight back if avoidance is not an option. An armed citizenry is the only way to deal with armed criminals, rapists, and gangs. And police, although most of them put their lives on the line, are not there most of the time and do not have the manpower to put in around the clock police protection. And they are usually only there to clean up the mess, make arrests, and gather evidence, including testimonies. Police are also not obligated to protect the individual, only the public and important govt. officials (ex.=Mayor Daley of Chicago who always relies on 24-hr. police protection).

“"Stand and Fight"”

Since: Sep 10

United States

#4 Jun 9, 2011
There is nothing so great other than a righteous self-defense. Also saves the taxpayers money too as well as saving more rooms for the jails/prisons.
copper

Dillwyn, VA

#5 Jun 9, 2011
Sweet, keep up the good work people, call 911 and im minutes away, grab your gun within seconds and blasting a pieceofshit who is threatening you or your family is much better and case is solved.
THANK YOU TRUE AMERICANS
Wayne 23185

Williamsburg, VA

#6 Jun 10, 2011
Good to hear people feel the same as I do!!! Now we need a Nationally recognized conceal carry permit!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Commonwealth University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get a great night's sleep by finding your perfe... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Maithly Garcia 1
News I am a gay Yankee teacher in the South (Aug '15) May '16 Wondering 17
News Enslaved family at Montpelier will be subject o... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fahrenheit 9 11 1
News Upcoming Scholarship Fair in Chesapeake helps s... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Wayne 1
News at&T, Drive Smart Virginia Focus on Distracted ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Charlie 2
News The 85th Anniversary from the Nation of Islam t... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
News Scores of protests over Ferguson case planned (Nov '14) Nov '14 George Vreeland Hill 1
More from around the web