CME Church elects first female bishop

CME Church elects first female bishop

There are 19 comments on the media.www.districtchronicles.com story from Aug 3, 2010, titled CME Church elects first female bishop. In it, media.www.districtchronicles.com reports that:

The Rev. Dr. Teresa Snorton has been elected the first female bishop of the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church during the congregation's 36th quadrennial session and thirty-seventh General Conference, which convened in Mobile, Ala.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at media.www.districtchronicles.com.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1 Aug 3, 2010
Congrats!!! The Women are CALLED to serve Christ and God in His Church.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#2 Aug 3, 2010
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
AMEN, Sister!
T McCabe

Fayetteville, TN

#3 Aug 3, 2010
It is a good and joyeous thing when the Holy Spirit calls to a people and they listen to Him!

We are all one in Christ!

Thanks be to God!

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#4 Aug 3, 2010
Although "robblogger" can't tell the difference between CME and TEC, human editors are supposed to.

Location hidden

#5 Aug 3, 2010
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Although "robblogger" can't tell the difference between CME and TEC, human editors are supposed to.
I know the difference. It is relevant because WE DO ORDAIN WOMEN in TEC as well.....try a little harder to keep up. You are going to have to take off the training wheels at sometime in the near future.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#6 Aug 3, 2010
<quoted text>I know the difference. It is relevant because WE DO ORDAIN WOMEN in TEC as well ...
TEC doesn't seem to be listed under "relevant" or even "related".

Related Topix Forums: Religion, Atlanta, GA, Emory University, Virginia Commonwealth University, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary

Location hidden

#7 Aug 3, 2010
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
TEC doesn't seem to be listed under "relevant" or even "related".
Related Topix Forums: Religion, Atlanta, GA, Emory University, Virginia Commonwealth University, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
Earth to JOE....This is RELIGION...not NASCAR.

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

#8 Aug 3, 2010
<quoted text>Earth to JOE....This is RELIGION...not NASCAR.
You are the worst editor on Topix.

“For this reason...”

#9 Aug 3, 2010
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
They both have three letters.

But more importantly, the story suits her own personal agenda.

I think she would be happier if she started her own Topix forum.

Or do they already have a Radical Lesbian Dyke Feminist PseudoChristian Profanity forum?

Hummm... the RLFDPP...

Might have possibilites.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 3, 2010
Two steps to solve your problems...FIRST...there is a RED X in a Square at the top of the right hand side of the page....Click that. Second...hold down the on/off button on the front of your computer.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

“For this reason...”

#11 Aug 3, 2010
Two steps to solve your problems...FIRST...there is a RED X in a Square at the top of the right hand side of the page....Click that. Second...hold down the on/off button on the front of your computer.
PROBLEM SOLVED.
Too bad your problems are not so easily solved, huh?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#12 Aug 4, 2010
<quoted text>Earth to JOE....This is RELIGION...
No, TEC is a religion (small case), not the Topix Relgion forum, which is where this story belongs.

Location hidden

#13 Aug 4, 2010
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
No, TEC is a religion (small case), not the Topix Relgion forum, which is where this story belongs.
Ok....then you go place it there....My work is done here.
T McCabe

Fayetteville, TN

#14 Aug 4, 2010
WotMeWorry wrote:
<quoted text>
They both have three letters.
But more importantly, the story suits her own personal agenda.
I think she would be happier if she started her own Topix forum.
Or do they already have a Radical Lesbian Dyke Feminist PseudoChristian Profanity forum?
Hummm... the RLFDPP...
Might have possibilites.
Why would the resurrected Christ Jesus pick Mary Magdalene as the first person He wanted to carry the message 'He is Risen!' to the
teach the Apostles?

I guess Christ jesus wanted women to lead and teach after the His death and 'The Resurrection'.

Poor, poor Christ Jesus. He didn't have Saul of Tarsus to tell Him that women were not to preach or teach men. Poor, poor Christ Jesus.

Location hidden

#15 Aug 4, 2010
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the resurrected Christ Jesus pick Mary Magdalene as the first person He wanted to carry the message 'He is Risen!' to the
teach the Apostles?
I guess Christ jesus wanted women to lead and teach after the His death and 'The Resurrection'.
Poor, poor Christ Jesus. He didn't have Saul of Tarsus to tell Him that women were not to preach or teach men. Poor, poor Christ Jesus.
You could nt have hit the BULLSEYE any more perfectly on center with your comments. That is what I believe as well.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#16 Aug 4, 2010
<quoted text>Ok....then you go place it there....
I don't edit "there".

Location hidden

#17 Aug 4, 2010
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't edit "there".
NEITHER DO I...IF YOU WANT IT PLACED THERE...YOU APPLY FOR THE JOB...I wanted IT PLACED HERE AND I DID SO. GET OVER IT.

“For this reason...”

#18 Aug 4, 2010
<quoted text>NEITHER DO I...IF YOU WANT IT PLACED THERE...YOU APPLY FOR THE JOB...I wanted IT PLACED HERE AND I DID SO. GET OVER IT.
The job of an editor is not to place whatever they want wherever they want just because they want to.

But then, that is how TEC is being managed so why should we be suprised, right?

“For this reason...”

#19 Aug 4, 2010
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
teach the Apostles?
That's what secretaries do, they take messages for the managers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Commonwealth University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pregnancy is an Intrinsic Motivator for Drug Ab... Aug '17 Humanspirit 1
News Heroin Vaccine Could Turn Body's Defenses Again... (Jun '17) Jun '17 xxo 1
News Get a great night's sleep by finding your perfe... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Maithly Garcia 1
News I am a gay Yankee teacher in the South (Aug '15) May '16 Wondering 17
News Enslaved family at Montpelier will be subject o... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fahrenheit 9 11 1
News Upcoming Scholarship Fair in Chesapeake helps s... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Wayne 1
News at&T, Drive Smart Virginia Focus on Distracted ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Charlie 2
More from around the web