Extra largely black Va congressional district lauded as goal, but questionable in practice

Mar 28, 2011 Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press 18

Almost one in five Virginians is black, yet only one of its 11 congressmen is, and many of the state's leading African-American policymakers would like to change that ratio.

Full Story
true

United States

#1 Mar 30, 2011
Yea change it, get rid of the afro american and only elect americans. If they want to be called afro americans they arent americans but traitors.

“Shed so many tears”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#3 Mar 30, 2011
true wrote:
Yea change it, get rid of the afro american and only elect americans. If they want to be called afro americans they arent americans but traitors.
These are drugs, this is your brain on drugs..........>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>ANY QUESTIONS
true

United States

#4 Mar 30, 2011
No idiot what ive said is true, i dont care what color you dumbasz is your either a american or your not. Afro american= al sharpton marrion barry special interest welfare reciepient crackheads
realist

Greensboro, NC

#5 Mar 30, 2011
'There was a young lady of Rigi' it will be recalled,'Who smiled as she rode on a tiger.
They returned from the ride With the lady inside,
And a smile on the face of the tiger.'

Putting the inmates in charge of a prison only spells disaster.
true

United States

#6 Mar 30, 2011
I remember the one from georgia who thought the island would tip over due to too much militery units on one side of the land, affermitive action at its best
John59

Miamisburg, OH

#9 Mar 30, 2011
Every time an Article comes out with the Words Black or Africian American, all you see is the TRUE racists coming out commenting. When I see all the things that White Americans do, which are many, I don't see all the hate, it is always rationalized somehow. I don't see a lot of representation of America in Congress. All you mostly see is a bunch of corrupt White men taking money from special interest groups creating laws for their friends. Until most White Americans acknowledge the fact that they are prejudice toward Blacks and other Races, we really can't move forward as one Nation. By the way, all other Americans can claim their hertiage. "Irish, Italian-American".
John59

Miamisburg, OH

#11 Mar 30, 2011
Roofis wit da gold toofis wrote:
<quoted text> Why can't you people pass the Police exam in Dayton, Ohio? Please explain why 58% should be a passing grade for a pistol packing public safety officer? C'mon Mr Dayton. das raht
First off, who is you people? I am sure there are a lot of your people, that is on the force that past the test, and are there to shoot any Black person they see whether justified or not (sole purpose)! Most police shooting are Whites shooting Blacks and they supposedly are well qualified. You'll have to get your Country back right?
John59

Miamisburg, OH

#13 Mar 30, 2011
<quoted text> First of all. ANSWER THE **** QUESTION! You can't even get a 58% here! geeeesh. you bess BLEEDAT!
To answer your question, 58% shouldn't be a passing score for any occupation. Maybe they should study more. Why are there so many White officer shooting Blacks in this Country?
John59

Miamisburg, OH

#15 Mar 30, 2011
<quoted text> Good. Now to answer your question. Self defense and the much higher percentage of race doing violent crimes are blacks. das raht
Just like traffic stops right?
true

United States

#17 Mar 30, 2011
John59 wrote:
Every time an Article comes out with the Words Black or Africian American, all you see is the TRUE racists coming out commenting. When I see all the things that White Americans do, which are many, I don't see all the hate, it is always rationalized somehow. I don't see a lot of representation of America in Congress. All you mostly see is a bunch of corrupt White men taking money from special interest groups creating laws for their friends. Until most White Americans acknowledge the fact that they are prejudice toward Blacks and other Races, we really can't move forward as one Nation. By the way, all other Americans can claim their hertiage. "Irish, Italian-American".
So you dont know maxine walters is charged, charlie rangle is charged, marion barry been just plain guilty and the simpleminded voted him back in. Ive never heard anyone say im a irish american and HOW COME WE NEVER SEE WHEN A WHITE GUY GETS HIS ASZ WHIPPED BY THE THE LAW? Oh thats right cause in truth we dont give a sh^t
John59

Miamisburg, OH

#18 Mar 30, 2011
<quoted text> I don't know about that. If a black man pulled a gun at one he can expect to be shot! you bess BLEEDAT
I would say the same for me when a white boy pull a gun! Yeah Dude!
John59

Miamisburg, OH

#19 Mar 30, 2011
true wrote:
<quoted text>
So you dont know maxine walters is charged, charlie rangle is charged, marion barry been just plain guilty and the simpleminded voted him back in. Ive never heard anyone say im a irish american and HOW COME WE NEVER SEE WHEN A WHITE GUY GETS HIS ASZ WHIPPED BY THE THE LAW? Oh thats right cause in truth we dont give a sh^t
You truly give White people something to look up to! Have you ever heard of COPS? DUDE!
I AM GLAD YOU ARE WHITE!
true

United States

#21 Mar 30, 2011
John59 wrote:
Obaaaama says they same crap and instead of forward we being torn down as a nation
John59

Miamisburg, OH

#22 Mar 30, 2011
I will let you'll have the last word. I think my point has clearly been stated. Right dude!
realist

Greensboro, NC

#24 Mar 30, 2011
John59 wrote:
By your comments, my military pal who was an outstanding individual would be classified as a racist. This Sgt. would literally tear up another black G.I. that used race as a crutch as to why he couldn't perform in the classroom or in the field. He didn't handle 'the poor is me' attitude very well from his fellow soldiers. None dare call him a racist! He excelled because he had no competition, regardless of color.
true

United States

#25 Mar 31, 2011
John59 wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer your question, 58% shouldn't be a passing score for any occupation. Maybe they should study more. Why are there so many White officer shooting Blacks in this Country?
Because more and more black ganstas shoot at them idiot and there are more black thug ganstas than there are black cops so theres more white cops hired

YOU VOTED FOR MARION BARRY TWICE DIDNT YOU
true

United States

#26 Mar 31, 2011
John59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly give White people something to look up to! Have you ever heard of COPS? DUDE!
I AM GLAD YOU ARE WHITE!
Truth hurt?
realist

Greensboro, NC

#29 Apr 1, 2011
ohReally_________ wrote:
<quoted text>If every other negro politician that's gone down in flames isn't enough reason NOT to elect people based on skin color quotas,.........
....wait a minute, I thought negroes DIDN'T want to be judged by that alone. How the fk do you appoint "more blacks" without committing racial discrimination?
It definitely is a condundrum. In the eyes of the minority population, racism only exists when a black is discriminated against when a white receives special treatment instead of a more qualified person and not the opposite. Reason ? To compensate for ancestors enslaved a century ago. Because they do not graduate from the educational system and are denied desired employment.?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virginia Commonwealth University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Engineering student wins May Queen Ball contest (May '09) Aug '14 for news 3
Conflict trumps compromise in Virginia's Medica... Apr '14 Jorja Fox 1
Student achievements (Dec '13) Dec '13 The Iron Dicktaror 4
Helping Students With Autism Land Jobs (Oct '13) Oct '13 Starts With Vaccines 3
VCU to memorialize remains used by med students (Sep '13) Sep '13 JustdroppedIN 1
New patterns found in the genetic relationship ... (Aug '13) Sep '13 Garrison 2
Cuccinelli and McAuliffe debate higher educatio... (Sep '13) Sep '13 benson 1

Virginia Commonwealth University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE