Can 'This Is It' rehab Michael Jackso...

Can 'This Is It' rehab Michael Jackson's image?

There are 22 comments on the WVNY story from Nov 7, 2009, titled Can 'This Is It' rehab Michael Jackson's image?. In it, WVNY reports that:

Besides being a box-office hit, Michael Jackson's concert film "This Is It" could help rehabilitate the pop star's image, which was tarnished in his final years, say music industry analysts and other experts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WVNY.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chas

Saskatoon, Canada

#1 Nov 7, 2009
The sentence "It has received mostly glowing reviews from fans" sums up this article perfectly. The fans almost always provide "glowing reviews" about "everything" related to Jackson whatever the issue, repeatedly ignoring, misinterpreting or laying the blame on others for his shortcomings. Others with an objective view of the industry have stated this film was made by high rollers and/or fans of Jackson with an insured interest in making a major profit from his debunked tour whether it went on or not, so of course the cameras were rolling and the best dancers, choreographers, lighting technicians and production assistants were used to make the show as "spectacular" as possible regardless of the possible failings of its centerpiece. As was noted earlier, truly gifted artists usually don't reguire the "Cirque du Soleil" backdrop to carry the show, their "natural" talent sets the center stage. As fate would have it, when Jackson did pass away after several suspicious "cancellations," several critics noted the production team patched together the best available pieces to present a hodge-podge of a non-objective documentary showing him in a positive light designed to send the equally non-objective fans swooning.
As per the majority of the posts on this forum from around the world, many people have seen through these antics, as they did with scandal ridden public figures in the past. Therefore, to interested parties, it may not be a good idea to recommend holding your breath waiting for the "rehabilitation" to take effect.
Chas

Saskatoon, Canada

#3 Nov 8, 2009
"Michael Jackswon?" More likely Michael Jackswoon in your case. No, not everybody wants to be a part of "it." Thanks for illustrating my point so well.
Have a nice day.
Morisson

Steenwijk, Netherlands

#4 Nov 8, 2009
Chas wrote:
"Michael Jackswon?" More likely Michael Jackswoon in your case. No, not everybody wants to be a part of "it." Thanks for illustrating my point so well.
Have a nice day.
Itīs very easy to critizise. Itīs much harder to be objective. I could be critical about almost everything if I wanted. Itīs not hard to write the shit you wrote above. Infact itīs a bit cheap, donīt you think?
Chas

Saskatoon, Canada

#5 Nov 8, 2009
Morisson wrote:
<quoted text>Itīs very easy to critizise. Itīs much harder to be objective. I could be critical about almost everything if I wanted. Itīs not hard to write the shit you wrote above. Infact itīs a bit cheap, donīt you think?
"It's much harder to be objective." That must explain why you're not objective.
"I could be critical about almost everthing if I wanted." You're being critical now.
"It's not hard to write the shit you wrote above." Perhaps, but it's even easier to write as you have done.
"Infact it's a bit cheap, don't you think?" Does the truth have a price tag?
Chas

Saskatoon, Canada

#7 Nov 8, 2009
Sorry, I'm not a part of it in the sense of being a "fan." Never have been, never will be.
"...yeah he won..." How many people do you know that would trade places with him?
Chas

Saskatoon, Canada

#9 Nov 8, 2009
MYOB wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to be a an to be a part of it you are talking about it and posting articles are you not? Yes you are are. You want to be a part of it. A lot of people would love to have the love, admiration and money he had and still has. I'm sure you want to die right now to get out of your miserable existence except the world won't change or even blink when you die. The good thing is he can't hear crap from losers like you even without a body he's doing more than you. You have one and still can't do anything.
Au contraire, I have love, admiration and respect from people I admire and guess what, I've never had to pay for it or received monies from them to provide it.
"The good thing is he can't hear crap from losers like you.." Is there anyone in the history of the entertainment field with a more tarnished reputation than Jackson? You may have never read this before, but "there are some things money can't buy..."

Since: Feb 09

I'm just sayin'

#11 Nov 8, 2009
Can 'This Is It' rehab Michael Jackson's image?
It can sure as hell try.

“Kids ...”

Since: Jan 09

Don't do drugs! <Hee-Hee>

#12 Nov 8, 2009
MYOB wrote:
<quoted text>
His reputation is not that tarnished, he's still number one. Before he died his concert tickets sold out in minutes. He had and has more love and admiration than you will ever have so what you say and what people like you say, does not matter and never did.
In other words, I admire him for diddling boys.

Thanks for your confession, schizof'loon.
smilemj

UK

#13 Nov 8, 2009
MYOB wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to be a an to be a part of it you are talking about it and posting articles are you not? Yes you are are. You want to be a part of it. A lot of people would love to have the love, admiration and money he had and still has. I'm sure you want to die right now to get out of your miserable existence except the world won't change or even blink when you die. The good thing is he can't hear crap from losers like you even without a body he's doing more than you. You have one and still can't do anything.
I don't agree that he can't hear what the haters are saying but you're right, even without a body is doing more than anybody else could. That's why his spirit is eternal and his legacy will live forever. This is the power of the few selected ones.
love

United States

#14 Nov 8, 2009
Givingtree

This is it gives the public a chance to see Michael for who he was without biased opinions.There is no narration and nobody giving there hateful commentary.

Nobody needs people who hate Michael Jackson constantly talking and trying to tell you what to think. Again, the public got a chance to see MJ for who he realy was and they loved it.Audiences gave applause through out the film.
octopus brain

Schenectady, NY

#15 Nov 8, 2009
octopus think film not change image.
jacko look slow, tired. octopus look away from girl
and see. it dark. spill popcorn. soda.
ObserverSUCKS

UK

#16 Nov 8, 2009
This film just prooves that MJ was still a phenomenal entertainer to the late days of his life.. end of story.
Susanne

Europe

#17 Nov 9, 2009
Listen - I think it is the case for all of us that some people like us, some hate us maybe, some love us, and most people do not know us or care. None of us can please everyone - and why should we? It is not possible. And why should Michael? The thing with Michael is that he affected a great many more people in the world than most of us do - and the percentage of people who loved, hated or didn't care about him shows up alot more. I would say any of us in this little post taking time to comment was affected by him one way or another, or we would not be here. In the end people who loved Michael do not need an image "rehab" - his image never changed and it never will. If you just kinda liked him and believed all the bullshit without looking under the surface than yeah..."This is it" might help you to see him differently - but I think it is more the fact that people looking at his death in the world theater (reminding us of our own and that of the people we love) could see for at least an instant that we very often do not know what we have until it is gone. Live now. Be happy, be kind. Peace.

“What's new pussycat?”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#18 Nov 9, 2009
MYOB wrote:
<quoted text>
His reputation is not that tarnished
Wow, Crabby gives faint praise. Winner.
smilemj

UK

#19 Nov 9, 2009
Susanne wrote:
Listen - I think it is the case for all of us that some people like us, some hate us maybe, some love us, and most people do not know us or care. None of us can please everyone - and why should we? It is not possible. And why should Michael? The thing with Michael is that he affected a great many more people in the world than most of us do - and the percentage of people who loved, hated or didn't care about him shows up alot more. I would say any of us in this little post taking time to comment was affected by him one way or another, or we would not be here. In the end people who loved Michael do not need an image "rehab" - his image never changed and it never will. If you just kinda liked him and believed all the bullshit without looking under the surface than yeah..."This is it" might help you to see him differently - but I think it is more the fact that people looking at his death in the world theater (reminding us of our own and that of the people we love) could see for at least an instant that we very often do not know what we have until it is gone. Live now. Be happy, be kind. Peace.
I agree with what you said. Love him, like him , dislike him, you can't ignore Michael Jackson. He has touched millions of people like anybody else did. His death has hit the planet like an atomic bomb. We thought he'll never die. We realize now that our time is just round the corner. Let's live what's left of our lives by loving and giving and remembering our Michael with a smile.
Heal the world.
smilemj

UK

#20 Nov 9, 2009
Sorry, for 'anybody' read 'nobody'.
whosbad

Las Vegas, NV

#21 Nov 9, 2009
Susanne wrote:
I agree.

Since: Sep 09

Steenwijk, Netherlands

#24 Nov 9, 2009
lawl wrote:
<quoted text>
Donīt worry about this shit Lawl. Why not put some attention to your boy/girl~identity thing right now? But could you please stop bothering us with your (very little) problem?

Since: Sep 09

Steenwijk, Netherlands

#25 Nov 9, 2009
Chas wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's much harder to be objective." That must explain why you're not objective.
"I could be critical about almost everthing if I wanted." You're being critical now.
"It's not hard to write the shit you wrote above." Perhaps, but it's even easier to write as you have done.
"Infact it's a bit cheap, don't you think?" Does the truth have a price tag?
Yeah,.....youīre cheap.

“Waiting for f'loons to wake up”

Since: Dec 06

Goofybaboon's Not Listening

#27 Nov 9, 2009
lawl wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems a few f'loons were deleted before I got to them. Ah, so somef'loon is pulling a Mimi bit again?

Same difference- they support the JackO/boy combo: Every Single One.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villanova University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In new portrait of Catholic parishes, changing ... Feb '17 Gods r Delusions ... 1
News Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, ren... (May '16) Jul '16 Little Robbie 11
News An Immigrant's Perspective (Apr '14) Jun '16 Know it all 6
News Manny Alam wins Presidency of Pakistani America... (Aug '13) Feb '16 Ali alam 3
News rally for Michael Brown Ferguson Sunday (Aug '14) Aug '14 Whitey 7
News From peyote to sex: Religious liberty fight recast (Aug '14) Aug '14 Faith Hits the Fa... 5
News Considering online education? (Jun '14) Jun '14 DWL 1
More from around the web