Can McCain really win Pennsylvania?

Can McCain really win Pennsylvania?

There are 12 comments on the Town Hall story from Sep 13, 2008, titled Can McCain really win Pennsylvania?. In it, Town Hall reports that:

The intelligent question thrown out among strategists for both campaigns is, can John McCain really win Pennsylvania? Really win it, not pretend to go for it, as Republicans did in 2004, all the while closing ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Town Hall.

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Sep 14, 2008
McCain's only problem will be Philly and Allegheny counties and a few "black" enclaves in Erie and Allentown. He should win the stat as Tom Ridge did.

Remember, the black population is about 13%, only about half are eligible to vote, and only about half of them will actually vote. The seniors are for McCain, and most of the "T" areas are conservative, even if they register Democrat. Remember, many Republicans switched over in the primary to vote for Hillary just to keep Obama spending money. These folks will vote for McCain/Palin.

Gonna' be interesting.

“Be careful what u pretend 2 B”

Since: Jun 07

Lehigh Valley

#2 Sep 14, 2008
McSame is clearly getting desperate: the new TV ad running in PA shows him and the Alaska Tax Princess walking side by side and as the word "Change" is emphasized, Johnny smiles and lifts his arm in a semi "Sieg Heil" salute.

They've sewn up the neo-cons and bigots, now it looks like they're going for the neo-nazi fringe too.

Nice strategy
Mcyourmom

West Chester, PA

#3 Sep 21, 2008
@Kilgore

im sure your mothers proud of your dumb ass response

“Be careful what u pretend 2 B”

Since: Jun 07

Lehigh Valley

#4 Sep 21, 2008
Mcyourmom wrote:
@Kilgore
im sure your mothers proud of your dumb ass response
They pulled that ad really quick, so I'm guessing I'm not the only one who saw the subliminal message and spoke up.

I tell it like it is, you think its dumb-*ss, but at least we both have the right to express ourselves.
Alec Berg

Plainsboro, NJ

#6 Sep 21, 2008
No. He stinks. Obama will win.

Since: Jan 08

United States

#7 Sep 21, 2008
I think he can. Lot's of racists idiots in Pa.

Since: Jan 08

United States

#8 Sep 21, 2008
uh, that's racist
Toadstool

United States

#9 Sep 22, 2008
Governor Palin - She is the Real Deal !
McCain and WALL ST

Harrisburg, PA

#11 Sep 22, 2008
September 22, 2008
Loan Titans Paid McCain Adviser Nearly $2 Million
By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK and CHARLES DUHIGG.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/22/us/politics ...
Not on my watch

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Sep 22, 2008
Not with Palin standing behind him.
sunny

Elko, GA

#14 Oct 11, 2008
Barack Obama and the Strategy of Manufactured Crisis

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/09/barack...

Early Voting: Ethical And Legal Concerns

Is ACORN Registering Voters Multiple Times?

ACORN has been linked to cases of suspected voter fraud in multiple states. Palestra.net 's Shelby Holliday talked to Lauren Long of Columbus, Ohio, who says she has been pressured by ACORN volunteers to register countless times.

Navymom81 @ 2008-10-05 08:24:22 --

I have been a pollworker in Ohio for several years. We have never allowed any campaign clothing or buttons in the polling place. I have asked more than one person to put on a jacket or turn a T-shirt wrong-side out while voting. No one can campaign in any way within a certain number of feet outside the building. Also, we do have to verify a voter's address or put the ballot in a secure provisional envelope until the Board of Elections can verify it.I believe that is what is supposed to happen with the early voters and many of them SHOULD be discarded if they cannot be verified. This election day should certainly be a very "interesting" day!!

http://www.palestra.net/videos/play/16596

Blame Obama's ACORN for the Financial Crisis

http://www.webcommentary.com/asp/ShowArticle....

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." - John 8:32

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Oct 11, 2008
thecynic wrote:
I think he can. Lot's of racists idiots in Pa.
Yep - still clinging to our religion and our guns and our values, something that the chosen one has trouble with, makes us the infidels,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Villanova University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, ren... Jul 18 Little Robbie 11
News An Immigrant's Perspective (Apr '14) Jun '16 Know it all 6
News Manny Alam wins Presidency of Pakistani America... (Aug '13) Feb '16 Ali alam 3
News rally for Michael Brown Ferguson Sunday (Aug '14) Aug '14 Whitey 7
News From peyote to sex: Religious liberty fight recast (Aug '14) Aug '14 Faith Hits the Fa... 5
News Considering online education? (Jun '14) Jun '14 DWL 1
News Montco public defenders push expungement of juv... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Expunger 2
More from around the web