Scholars dismiss Skopje claims as 'si...

Scholars dismiss Skopje claims as 'silliness' in letter to Obama

There are 92 comments on the www.ana.gr story from May 26, 2009, titled Scholars dismiss Skopje claims as 'silliness' in letter to Obama. In it, www.ana.gr reports that:

A group of some 200-plus prestigious academics, for the main part historians and Classicists teaching at the most renowned universities in the world - including the likes of Oxford, Cambridge, Princeton, Stanford, Vassar, College de France and hundreds of others in the United States and Europe - have sent a letter to U.S. President Barack Obama ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.ana.gr.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Macedonia Repatriated!”

Since: May 09

Cleveland

#92 Jun 8, 2009
Thanasi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bre Tasho, our ancestors were practically neighbors as my family was from Korcha. We were lucky to have no Greeks in our area. Have you known of Negovani and Balkameni, villages near Lerin. We have Drenova and Bobostitse just outside of Korcha.
Posdravi!
yes!. I've heard of both Negovani and Drenovani. No greeks in our area either. Samo Makedonsi...:)

Pozdrav Bratchko
KOSTAS - ATHINA

Athens, Greece

#93 Jun 8, 2009
Goodevening.

Lets take a look about Macedonian Lanquage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pella_curse_tabl...

MACEDONIAN LANQUAGE IS GREEK dialect.

I believe that it is imposible for anyone who does not Greek or ancient Greek, to read this sign founded in Pella Macedonia Greece.

regards

KOSTAS - ATHINA

Athens, Greece

#94 Jun 8, 2009
Goodevening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pella_curse_tabl ...

I believe that it is imposible for anyone who does not Greek or ancient Greek, to read this sign founded in Pella Macedonia Greece.

regards

dont bother Alusheff with the original Bulgarian name.can you read Macedonian lanquage?
you know what? we can!
KOSTAS - ATHINA

Athens, Greece

#95 Jun 8, 2009
Goodevening.

regards
KOSTAS - ATHINA

Athens, Greece

#97 Jun 8, 2009

“ein anderer Schauplatz”

Since: Jan 09

Athens

#98 Jun 8, 2009
KOSTAS - ATHINA wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P ella_curse_tablet
MACEDONIAN LANQUAGE = GREEK
and the so called 'makedonski' is slavic but heavily infested by turkish words....would that make it qualify as anything 'macedonian'?

“Macedonian, therefore Greek”

Since: Apr 07

Lychnidos, occupied Macedonia

#99 Jun 8, 2009
Thanasi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bre Tasho, our ancestors were practically neighbors as my family was from Korcha. We were lucky to have no Greeks in our area. Have you known of Negovani and Balkameni, villages near Lerin. We have Drenova and Bobostitse just outside of Korcha.
Posdravi!
A. Balabanov: "Bulgaria and classic Civilization" :
"Bulgaria is near the source. She always was near. And if she has something
important in her past she owes it to this neighborhood. Even the spirit of the
freedom, even the struggle for iberation and the fights against Greek domination we owe to the Greek teachers. Liberation struggle!!! We fought Greeks with their own arrows. Our language was developed so early and has this great flexibility and productivity, three or four centuries before Westerners, because
of our neighborhood with Greek antiquity. Because of our touch with Byzantium.
Because three or four centuries before Western Europe we had the opportunity to
drink the water from the SOURCE of Civilization. We in Bulgaria must understand very well those thoughts and love them !! "
( My translation to English from the translation to Greek by A. Andriotis 1937).

Since: Jun 08

somewhere in Balkan

#100 Jun 9, 2009
About time!
Aleksandar

Veles, Macedonia

#102 Jun 10, 2009
Hey Yannis, can you tell me where did your grandparents came from? and why the name of your town is changed? You know what, you are Madzir, new setler, your roots are from turkey, just as like the biggest greek fascist Karadzaferis.
Kara - Jaffer - is.
what is your last name, muhamedis

hahahahahah
Skopes Fail

Athens, Greece

#103 Jun 10, 2009
Aleksandar wrote:
Hey Yannis, can you tell me where did your grandparents came from? and why the name of your town is changed? You know what, you are Madzir, new setler, your roots are from turkey, just as like the biggest greek fascist Karadzaferis.
Kara - Jaffer - is.
hahahahahah
Goodmorning.

regards

“for freedom n glory of greece”

Since: May 09

THESSALY-GREECE

#104 Jun 10, 2009
Aleksandar wrote:
Kara - Jaffer - is.
hahahahahah
and what this makes u????
monkeydonian..

sooo?

Since: Mar 08

I like to screw pichkas!!!

#105 Jun 10, 2009
Aleksandar wrote:
Kara - Jaffer - is.
hahahahahah
Hey Alexandros, what if he did come from Turkey?
Greeks have been living in Asia Minor for 3,000 years budal! Does this make a Greek from Asia Minor less Greek? Your logic is flawed. Reagrdless, even before the population exchanges between Greece and Bulgaria and Greece and Turkey, the Greek population of Macedonia was anywhere between 500,000 to 800,000 (depending on the source).

Total Population of Ottoman State, 1893, by Province
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/17/227283...

League of Nations
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/17/227283...

It is YOU, my Bulgarian friend, that is not represented ANYWHERE!

Were your people phantoms???

Simple questions for simple people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vassar College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zendaya to Portray Real African-American Woman ... Nov 15 youll shoot your ... 2
News Of Villainy at Vassar (Apr '16) Apr '16 Sheri Lynn 1
Pprofessor Donald Foster (Jan '16) Jan '16 an old student 1
News 'Lunt and Fontanne: the Celestials of Broadway'... (May '15) May '15 Barbara Beitel 1
News BSD On-Campus Activities Reminiscent of Nazi Ge... (Dec '14) Dec '14 share your story 1
News Library Partnership welcomes two new Partners:... (Sep '14) Sep '14 open Hillel 1
News College makes big admissions mistake (Jan '12) Sep '14 sherlock 5
More from around the web