1 dead, 2 injured in boating accident

Aug 22, 2011 Full story: WKRN

SMITHVILLE, Tenn. One person was killed and two others injured in a boating accident late Saturday night on Center Hill Lake in DeKalb County.

Full Story
abc976

Manchester, TN

#1 Aug 22, 2011
We are from this area, and heard about the awful boating accident. Does anyone know who it was that was involved? Our prayers go out to the families.
cant breathe

Butler, MO

#2 Aug 22, 2011
yes it was a friend of mine, Shelby Shaffer. Great guy. Husband, father of 3. Just cannot believe this.
Freak Accident

Lebanon, TN

#3 Aug 22, 2011
abc976 wrote:
We are from this area, and heard about the awful boating accident. Does anyone know who it was that was involved? Our prayers go out to the families.
http://www.wjle.com/news/2011/victims-boating...
Als6576

Julian, NC

#4 Aug 23, 2011
This accident could happen to anyone.!!. The point they hit going into raccoon hollow is very deceiving at night. The tree line is (guessing) 50 yards from the water and flat. In the dark it looks like smooth water until it's to late. I have a friend that hit the same point 2yrs ago going to a houseboat. They were not injured but did damage there boat. They were very fortunate to have been further out from shore and in shallow water. My friends knew the lake and the area well, but like I said it's deceiving at night. Everyone be careful at night and pray for everyone that is involved with this accident.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vanderbilt University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knee pain leads to bone cancer diagnosis (May '14) Feb 24 Website Operator 9
Seaside Therapeutics, LLC - Pharmaceuticals & H... Dec '14 CDC 1
How would earthly religions handle aliens? Oct '14 Takedown Justified 2
For Texas governor, it's lawyer vs. lawyer Oct '14 Fossilfarts 4
Shayne Looper: Whatever happened to tolerance o... Oct '14 Rainbow Kid 16
Ky. Survivor: 'Are My Dad and I The Only Ones L... Sep '14 whatthewhat 4
Adding therapy to meds may speed depression rec... (Aug '14) Aug '14 robina 2
More from around the web