Religious Group to Vanderbilt: Don't Discriminate Against Religious...

Oct 19, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

Members of the Congressional Prayer Caucus are urging Vanderbilt University not to force its nondiscrimination policy on religious student groups.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 28 of28
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 20, 2011
 
Fred ABQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious groups by their nature are exclusive.
This whole concept of "inclusivity" and "everyone is equal" is ridiculous, stupid, and demonstrably false.
The U.S. Constitution guarantees equality of the laws, not equality of everything.
True, I was being a bit bombastic, but religious groups accept people all the time that do not follow all the doctrines of their bible. Even the manager at Red Lobster gets in, even with that shellfish sin.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 20, 2011
 
Fred ABQ wrote:
My REAL name is Fred !
:)
Even though it used to be Frank!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 20, 2011
 
That was simply a joke
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Even though it used to be Frank!

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Oct 20, 2011
 
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Even though it used to be Frank!
The name "Frank Stanton" was a cute inside joke which I find very funny.

Since that idiot from Omaha assumed it, I decided to use my real name.

(And a short funny story regarding that, I once had a guy I chatted with online show up unexpectedly pounding on my front door.)

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Oct 20, 2011
 
No doubt that was a 16 year old looking for Daniel.
Fred ABQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The name "Frank Stanton" was a cute inside joke which I find very funny.
Since that idiot from Omaha assumed it, I decided to use my real name.
(And a short funny story regarding that, I once had a guy I chatted with online show up unexpectedly pounding on my front door.)

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Oct 20, 2011
 
Fred ABQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The name "Frank Stanton" was a cute inside joke which I find very funny.
Since that idiot from Omaha assumed it, I decided to use my real name.
(And a short funny story regarding that, I once had a guy I chatted with online show up unexpectedly pounding on my front door.)
That does NOT sound like a funny story, it sounds like a serial killer stalking you. Now you know why I would not meet on line strangers!

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Oct 20, 2011
 
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>That does NOT sound like a funny story, it sounds like a serial killer stalking you. Now you know why I would not meet on line strangers!
They're 2 separate stories.

The "Frank Stanton story" is as follows:

I was doing a job over at the West Side Yards in Manhattan. I had to meet a Local 3 guy (electrician) to check out a job. He introduced himself and his name was "Frank Stanton". The name meant nothing to me at the time. He was a nice guy, and everything went well with us on the job.

Later that night, after returning home, I was watching tv late at nite and there was an old cowboy movie on from the 1930's. I came in in the middle of it. The sheriff rode into a small town, got off his horse, and walked into the saloon. He put his money down on the bar and said to the bartender, "Whisky !" The bartender poured him a whisky and asked what he was doing in town. The sheriff said, "I'm looking for an outlaw !" The bartender said, "Well, what's hs name ?" and the sheriff said....... "Frank Stanton !" ROFL !(TRUE STORY !)

So the next few days I worked with the Local 3 guy, I called him "The Outlaw" !

:)

LOL

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Oct 20, 2011
 
Fred ABQ wrote:
<quoted text>
They're 2 separate stories.
The "Frank Stanton story" is as follows:
I was doing a job over at the West Side Yards in Manhattan. I had to meet a Local 3 guy (electrician) to check out a job. He introduced himself and his name was "Frank Stanton". The name meant nothing to me at the time. He was a nice guy, and everything went well with us on the job.
Later that night, after returning home, I was watching tv late at nite and there was an old cowboy movie on from the 1930's. I came in in the middle of it. The sheriff rode into a small town, got off his horse, and walked into the saloon. He put his money down on the bar and said to the bartender, "Whisky !" The bartender poured him a whisky and asked what he was doing in town. The sheriff said, "I'm looking for an outlaw !" The bartender said, "Well, what's hs name ?" and the sheriff said....... "Frank Stanton !" ROFL !(TRUE STORY !)
So the next few days I worked with the Local 3 guy, I called him "The Outlaw" !
:)
LOL
Oh, lordy..that was a REALLY long journey for the, uh, the "punchline". I would hardly call it an "ROFL" moment. More like a STAHFE...."smile tiredly and hope for escape", not a general known one, I just made it up. OK, so now we know. And let's not ever speak of it again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 28 of28
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••