International concert pianist Marilyn Meier dies

Jun 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Matangi Tonga

Dr Marilyn Meier-Kavapale the noted international concert pianist has died in Australia early this morning after battling a rare form of liverA cancer.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Feb 12, 2013
Wayne from Cairns

West End, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

An amazing person who inspired, embraced and loved. Her 'real' attitude and comic, yet respectful attitude toward music was refreshing and valuable.

Marilyn will be missed by many, with a legacy carried on by those with whom her life touched.

Prayers, thoughts and fond memories my wonderful teacher and friend.

Wayne.
Truth and Justice

Deception Bay, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

What a tragedy, Marilyn Monroe was was one of the original golden girls of hollywood. Tragic.
EZY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

What a tragedy!! She was a beautiful person not only on t outside but also within!! She will b deeply missed by her family! Sending my condolences to Ti,the Heimulis n the rest of her family!!..shocking... her aunty just past away not long ago!!

“Fight For Democracy in Tonga!!”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Unfortunately I think she liked Champagne too much
EZY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Please people pay some respect! Dr Marilyn Meier is half Tongan! Her mother is tongan!! Marilyn was known in music...not like a famous singer but the academic side of music! A beautiful person who was always proud of her tongan side n helping our tongan community when needed! She used 2 avail herself to teach her skills 2 any tongan who might be interested for free!! She even went to Tonga n helped Atenisi out where she met her husband! Her mother is from the Heimuli family of Kolomotu'a! Her grandpa Vusika Heimuli was a pharmacist at Vaiola hosp! U might heard the story that the King Tupou 4 went to Vaiola to get his tooth pulled out n everyone was running around crazy wondering what is the 'lea fktu'i' to open ur mouth!! Someone ran to his department asking for help!! He went in to the King n address him in English 'Ur majesty! Can u plse open ur mouth'..Marilyn's aunty was Akosita Fineanganofo who was at one time the Matron of Vaiola hosp, Tonga's high commissioner to England 4 a number of years n a lady inwaiting for Queen Mata'aho!! Her aunties including her mother were in Australia studying in the 1960's!! Dont mean to b KAIMUMU'A but i feel like u all mocking her so i decided to giv u a lil background about her!! Malo
Lole

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Ofa kene toka 'i he nonga 'a e 'Eiki... Koe fefine anga lelei neu kau atu hono hiva'i fakatahataha 'ehe ngaahi kau hiva 'a Havelu,Fanga'oPilolevu pea mo Halafo'ou e 9th Symphony a Beethoven ne ta piano'i 'ehe fefine ni ... It was a night to remember.....

Ofa atu kia Tevita moe fanau...
Lolly

Baulkham Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

She was the most talented women i know and so beautiful :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••