The "Pause" in Global Warming: What Does it Mean? 'Guest Blog'

Apr 30, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TBD.com

Cliff Mass a long tiime friend and professor of atmospheric science at the University of Washington writes a number of thoughtful, interesting stories and blogs.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Apr 30, 2013
PHD

Smithville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Varying the cloud feedback of atmospheric models will certainly change model projection results so it would be very helpful for further discussion from the MIT group of how much they feel their results and projections are due to increasing CO2, and how much due to varying the cloud feedback. Without knowing in detail how they treat the cloud feedback issue and how they treat the inherent uncertainty of the cloud-aerosol issue I guess I would reserve judgement and acceptance of the results showing a 50% chance of global warming of +5 C. In any event changes in precipitation, ice and snow patterns may be more important than a focus on just global temperature. It's really about global change not just "warming" or "climate" alone"

There you have it they really don't know. Just follow the money and the varying and detail will change like the weather warming climate change.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

From the article:
There is another possible contributor to the recent leveling: the huge increase in particles (aerosols) in the atmosphere associated with the big increase in coal burning and petroleum usage in China. Such particles can cause cooling both directly (by reflecting solar radiation to space) and indirectly (by changing the number of cloud droplets).
/////////
toxic topix AGW deniers recommend that communist chinese dictators continue to pollute, sacrificing half a million HONORABLE CHINESE CITIZENS PER YEAR, to keep the Earth cool.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

"fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' flops:
beer cans, diarrhea, sci fi, really don't know.......
//////////
litesong wrote:
Can't be nice, if any AGW advocate wants to tell the truth about 'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend'.
'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' can't ask a proper scientific question because it never had science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. Of course,'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' never had any other science or mathematics training.
At least,'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' tried math calculations, tho only a few attempts ended in errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES.'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' has never attempted math calculations, which prove that its proficiency in math is worse than that of 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver'.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
Varying the cloud feedback of atmospheric models will certainly change model projection results..
Yes. But unlike you, the scientist don't arbitrarily 'play with fictions' and reality has not shown any evidence that cloud formation changed.

When are you going to deal with the issue instead of made up fantasy?
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

tinyurl.com/barqeg7

"The confusion on this subject lies in the fact that only about 2 percent of global warming is used in heating air, whereas about 90 percent of global warming goes into heating the oceans (the rest heats ice and land masses). But humans live at the Earth's surface, and thus we tend to focus on surface temperatures. Over the past 1015 years, Earth's surface temperature has continued to rise, but slowly. At the same time, the warming of the oceans and the warming of the Earth as a whole has accelerated."
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Your last two posts are greatly appreciated, showing science at its best. Tho I don't like to have toxic topix AGW deniers taught, I am sure they will force themselves to NOT let your posts teach them proper science. So all is well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent University of Washington Discussions

Search the University of Washington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Seattle man arrested after bragging online abou... 45 min richpeoplegrowin gup 20
Steroid Shots May Not Help Back Pain Jul 15 Dr Basim Elhabashy 3
A shared vision could dislodge us from our inertia Jun '14 starfish die off 1
Studies point that parts of West Antarctic ice ... May '14 SpaceBlues 1
Circumcision lowers prostate cancer risk (Mar '12) May '14 Eric 3
Favorable outcomes emerge from integrating ment... May '14 HumanSpirit 1
QuickSketch of Ontario's PC Leader Tim Hudak May '14 Helen 1
•••
•••