Veteran cop walks seedy streets of Se...

Veteran cop walks seedy streets of Seattle's past

There are 1 comment on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer story from Nov 2, 2008, titled Veteran cop walks seedy streets of Seattle's past. In it, Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that:

The gray building on a corner of Second Avenue South is boarded up and fenced in, awaiting renovation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

turk

United States

#1 Nov 3, 2008
I'd say that most people know absolutely nothing about Seattle history prior to 1960.

How many are aware that we have a National Historic Landmark and a National Mechanical Engineering Historic Landmark in the city? A building that houses the last operable vertical steam-turbine generators in the world? This building was one of the first "fast-track" reinforced concrete buildings west of the Mississippi river, built in 1906. Who knows where it is and what its purpose is today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Washington Bothell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State law lets undocumented immigrants get stat... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jose 92
News Bjong Wolf Yeigh selected as chancellor for UW ... (May '13) May '13 Happyhesleaving 1
News Poison ivy, unholy holly, and lax weed laws (Apr '12) Apr '12 The Rogue 4
News UW-Bothell's Jessica Lusk receives Ronald E. Mc... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Joshua Batelle 1
News University of Washington Bothell may take Casca... (Dec '09) Jan '10 Anon 2
News University of Washington, Bothell is set for gr... (Sep '08) Sep '08 Sarah Conklin 1
More from around the web