Three candidates running for Hopewell council seat in Ward 1

Apr 8, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Progress-Index

With Hopewell city council elections less than four weeks away, a total of eleven candidates are gearing up to win the four seats open this year.

Comments
341 - 348 of 348 Comments Last updated Dec 7, 2012
First Prev
of 18
Next Last
well well well

Hopewell, VA

#351 Apr 29, 2010
And this is not Wayne and the affirming poster , isn't well well well ; because i would have put "well well well" . And exactly what part of it didn't make sense to you , because if you need it dumbed down , I can make that possible . Or would you rather that I just call you a few names and call it a Hopewell Debate . ROTFLMAO . But seriously , since you're being honest ; Yolandas' posts compared to mine , that was a low blow but I expected at the least a rebuttal not just a butt and that definitely proves that beyond the slander and name calling that noone has any evidence against Wayne that makes him unsuitable for the position that he will more than likely be elected for . Maybe you'll say that Walnut or Peanut or Pecan or some other nut registered a lot of dead people on his behalf and he bought the vote but ACORN has been disbanded and I look forward to your future commentary as why you clowns didn't want the ringleader on the council in the first place . And for the record , Yolanda Stokes isn't even in the same class but she could propably do her little section some good ; the city needs public housing because they get a lot of money making up the difference of what the residents don't pay . That's why they keep those eyesores there . Come on people you really don't pay that much in taxes that you don't recover at the end of the year . Wayne has to be paying somewhere near 60,000 to 75,000 a year ; how many of you make that much a year ? So , stop trying (failing ) to comprehend what you couldn't fathom .
Young Voter

Hopewell, VA

#352 Apr 30, 2010
I attended a function last night for Yolanda Wyche-Stokes and her brother is an EX State Policeman, he spoke.

At the 20+ function there was over a 100 of us there, we had a nice time, and Ms. Stokes stayed with us, she showed us the ballots, and was nice to us.

I liked her. She gets our vote.

She told us about this site and what people were saying about us. I wanted to see for myself.

You don'tknow us, we are people too and like she said we are powerful because of our right to vote. We are voting.
Joyce

Hopewell, VA

#353 Apr 30, 2010
Young Voter wrote:
I attended a function last night for Yolanda Wyche-Stokes and her brother is an EX State Policeman, he spoke.
At the 20+ function there was over a 100 of us there, we had a nice time, and Ms. Stokes stayed with us, she showed us the ballots, and was nice to us.
I liked her. She gets our vote.
She told us about this site and what people were saying about us. I wanted to see for myself.
You don'tknow us, we are people too and like she said we are powerful because of our right to vote. We are voting.
Well, what you should probably do is consider voting for someone that has some integrity like Roosevelt Edwards. He's a black man.
BEC

Petersburg, VA

#354 Apr 30, 2010
Young Voter wrote:
Did he forget that he was also a Hopewell Police officer?
Young Voter

Hopewell, VA

#355 Apr 30, 2010
Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, what you should probably do is consider voting for someone that has some integrity like Roosevelt Edwards. He's a black man.
I do not know who he is. He didn't reach out to me, I guess he is afraid of a young black man. He probably think we don't vote, but I voted for Obama.

I followed Ms. Stokes today on her City Tour - Rock DA Vote, she gave me a T-Shirt.

She is really a nice lady, she reminds me of my mom. My mom says our mind is made up we are voting fo r her. My mom grew up with her, and went to school with her. She likes her and so do I.
Young Voter

Hopewell, VA

#356 Apr 30, 2010
BEC wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he forget that he was also a Hopewell Police officer?
No, I guess I forgot, it's on the program they gave us.
green man

Richmond, VA

#357 Nov 1, 2011
woow this is really intresting and i was just thinking about buying a home from w.taylor
should i or should i not? i really didnt feel like he was a racist he "did" treat me with alot of respect and took time to show me a few prperties .. humm i saw a house that really caught my eye so now what should i do?? i am a black male
route 66

Richmond, VA

#359 Dec 7, 2012
30 years ago (or such) Wayne Taylor attempted to play slow pitch softball.......he was a catcher, and the plate umpire refused to work the game because he got tired of seeing Taylor's butt crack when he squatted to catch. The game was cancelled due to Taylor's team's coach refusing to move taylor from the catcher position...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White, straight women leading surge in infertil... Thu rhb 20
Macedonia goes neo-classical - or is it just go... Wed makedonas from ci... 14
What does 'diversity' mean to you? The answer m... Aug 10 KIP 13
60+ Healthcare Professionals Sign an Open Lette... Aug 3 humanSpirit 1
Opinion: GOP's problem wooing African-American ... Jul '14 UTB 1
UVA Medical Researchers Develop New Antibiotic Jul '14 samhan 1
Charlottesville is Happy Jul '14 Dick Hurtz 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••