No Jail Time for Man Found Guilty of ...

No Jail Time for Man Found Guilty of Assault at UVA

There are 15 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 17, 2013, titled No Jail Time for Man Found Guilty of Assault at UVA. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A man will not spend any time in jail after he was found guilty Tuesday of four misdemeanor charges following an incident at the University of Virginia last year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Liberalace

Collinsville, VA

#1 Mar 19, 2013
OAR was a great album.

R.I.P.: Alexander "Skip" Spence
COME ON

Covington, VA

#2 Mar 19, 2013
April 29, 2013? Damn time travelers. No wonder he didn't get jail time.

GET IT RIGHT. Heyzuez.
Just us

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Mar 19, 2013
Hope the slap on the wrist didn't hurt him too much.
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

#4 Mar 19, 2013
Just us wrote:
Hope the slap on the wrist didn't hurt him too much.
Going through withdrawals is not going to be fun.
Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Mar 19, 2013
This isn't all bad. If he slips up at all, he will going to jail for sure.
Going-going-gone

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Mar 19, 2013
So the incident occurred on April 29, 2013...Really? It occurred next month?

Yet another example of quality reporting at NBC29. It is no wonder the reporter's name is not listed; who would want to claim credit for such amateurish work.
Anne

Crozet, VA

#7 Mar 19, 2013
Such a great example of a judicial sytem......what a society that we live in
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Mar 19, 2013
Anne wrote:
Such a great example of a judicial sytem......what a society that we live in
What are you talking about?
This is an example of the judicial system doing something RIGHT imho.
This kid didn't kill/shoot/seriously harm anyone or didn't rape/sexually assault anyone. He is _NOT REALLY_ violent by those standards.

Why waste our taxes feeding him and letting him watch TV and not teach him to control his alcohol addiction?
Let his parents do it and let his parents/court system force him to recover and get better from alcohol abuse.
Wilbur

Earlysville, VA

#9 Mar 19, 2013
Great. Another slap on the wrist for a proven violent predator who lacks self control.

With this as an example it is no wonder other sickos keep preying on young UVA women.
FED UP

Wirtz, VA

#10 Mar 19, 2013
Well, I say lesson learned. Obviously another harmless college prank. Cant let an act of silliness ruin his future. Lets save real sentences for the town folk.
JUDGEon theTake

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Mar 19, 2013
That's what is sounds like to me
What nut

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Mar 19, 2013
Eaglescout1984 wrote:
This isn't all bad. If he slips up at all, he will going to jail for sure.
On what planet? Repeat offenders tend to get NO back time in this area... so he's good for a few more criminal transactions.

Since: Nov 12

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Mar 19, 2013
COME ON wrote:
April 29, 2013? Damn time travelers. No wonder he didn't get jail time.
GET IT RIGHT. Heyzuez.
Thanks, the typo has been corrected.
bonkers

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Mar 19, 2013
ZDowdy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, the typo has been corrected.
Zdowdy, are you hall monitor police for 29? if so are you saying you do what ever your corporate owned media (by government bailed out scum) tells you? cause you know you cut off any started topix that related to government corruption etc. Do you really feel good about that?
PS, dont try asking where or when cause I got more proof than you could handle, I work for same government and know the truth even ray charles could see it. By the way why not print a story about how law enforcement cant get bullets for there jobs while fat janet DHS steals all the rounds to what? maybe kill Americans.
JeepFreak2006

Paducah, KY

#15 Mar 20, 2013
Jail time really isn't the bigger hurdle he'll have now. A 20 year old non-college graduate with 6 convictions (yes, add two more from another jurisdiction) is pretty much doomed to a life of mediocrity unless he really, really straightens his act out.

These convictions violated his probation in another case.

Fair trade I'd consider, especially while he apologized to his parents for the trouble he caused them in court but there are two young ladies that have been jaded by being physically accosted by him and will forever have in their minds that fear and apprehension. No apologies extended to them. Justice was served here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Standoff at Lake Monticello Ends, Suspec... (Feb '13) Apr 23 Kimmy Head 79
News UVA Illegal Immigrant Group Demands 'Xenophobes... Mar '16 HOLLA ISABELLA 3
News North Korea sentences US tourist to 15 years in pr Mar '16 Lawrence Wolf 23
News Former student: Antonin Scalia was outed as 'bl... Mar '16 MsFashyPants 10
News Wall Street supports Bush, Clinton for sake of ... (Oct '15) Mar '16 Gordon Geko 9
News What We Know About the American Held in North K... Mar '16 King Cod 3
News N. Korea Sentences Virginia Student To 15 Years... Mar '16 pgh 1
More from around the web