Syria opposition: Assad tried to explain stalemate

Aug 30, 2012 Full story: WATE-TV Knoxville 32

Mitt Romney is stepping up for the most important speech of his Republican presidential campaign, to an audience of millions.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
judy kay

La Salle, IL

#1 Aug 30, 2012
I think a buffer zone would be kidnapping.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#2 Aug 30, 2012
Our colleague Mona Mahmood has been speaking via Skype with a 30-year-old female activist in Damascus who gave her name as Rima Sami.

A month ago, our district was under a heavy military campaign so we decided to leave. After few days when the situation got bit calmer, my father decided to go back to bring out a few birds we had [as pets] at home but also to help our neighbour get out of the district.

As my father was reaching the house, a sniper shot him in his head. No one was able to help him and he died. Our neighbour who was supposed to come with my father saw him shot but he could not help as the shooting was so heavy. It was only after five days that my brother was able to go to pick up my father to bury him.

I have given up my job [as an Arabic teacher] to work for the revolution. I could not stand how was the regime treating our people brutally and how we lost our dignity.

There are a lot of Syrian women working for the revolution, some of them work in media, others are documenting the names of the detainees and martyrs and helping people with food.

When the protests were peaceful, young girls used to provide flags and banners and even presents for the martyrs' families. Now, they work more to help people, some women cook food for the FSA.

I know women who joined nursing courses to help the wounded. We have a large number of wounded and a shortage in medical staff. Also, some women are helping men to distribute leaflets to encourage people to join the revolution.

My husband is involved in a committee which collects money to distribute among the people who are in need. They make list in every neighbourhood to find out who has had his house destroyed, who has martyrs, detainees or missing people ... women who lost their men.

In Ramadan they distributed food in addition to money. Most of the donations come from Syrians who are in the exile, some comes from Europe and the Gulf. Syrian businessmen are also donating money to help the people.

There is a great shortage in food in Damascus. Most of the food used to come to the capital from the countryside. Now, the countryside is under a siege and constant shelling. Many factories are not working now.

Some food supplies used to come from Aleppo, but no more. Wheat used to come from Deir Ezzour but you know the situation there now, in addition to the checkpoints that are suffocating the city. Fuels prices are so high now.

You can get food in the quieter areas of Damascus. You need to queue for a long time to get bread or fuel.

I'm not member of FSA but in the end the FSA are our people. All the massacres the regime are committing won't stop us or our protesting.

Despite all the fears I live with now, I love my life more than before. It has become more meaningful. Now, we have something to live for and achieve.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#3 Aug 30, 2012
This is an honest opinion and reflection from a refugee from Syria.
jo jo

Australia

#4 Aug 30, 2012
George wrote:
Our colleague Mona Mahmood has been speaking via Skype with a 30-year-old female activist in Damascus who gave her name as Rima Sami.
A month ago, our district was under a heavy military campaign so we decided to leave. After few days when the situation got bit calmer, my father decided to go back to bring out a few birds we had [as pets] at home but also to help our neighbour get out of the district.
As my father was reaching the house, a sniper shot him in his head. No one was able to help him and he died. Our neighbour who was supposed to come with my father saw him shot but he could not help as the shooting was so heavy. It was only after five days that my brother was able to go to pick up my father to bury him.
I have given up my job [as an Arabic teacher] to work for the revolution. I could not stand how was the regime treating our people brutally and how we lost our dignity.
There are a lot of Syrian women working for the revolution, some of them work in media, others are documenting the names of the detainees and martyrs and helping people with food.
When the protests were peaceful, young girls used to provide flags and banners and even presents for the martyrs' families. Now, they work more to help people, some women cook food for the FSA.
I know women who joined nursing courses to help the wounded. We have a large number of wounded and a shortage in medical staff. Also, some women are helping men to distribute leaflets to encourage people to join the revolution.
My husband is involved in a committee which collects money to distribute among the people who are in need. They make list in every neighbourhood to find out who has had his house destroyed, who has martyrs, detainees or missing people ... women who lost their men.
In Ramadan they distributed food in addition to money. Most of the donations come from Syrians who are in the exile, some comes from Europe and the Gulf. Syrian businessmen are also donating money to help the people.
There is a great shortage in food in Damascus. Most of the food used to come to the capital from the countryside. Now, the countryside is under a siege and constant shelling. Many factories are not working now.
Some food supplies used to come from Aleppo, but no more. Wheat used to come from Deir Ezzour but you know the situation there now, in addition to the checkpoints that are suffocating the city. Fuels prices are so high now.
You can get food in the quieter areas of Damascus. You need to queue for a long time to get bread or fuel.
I'm not member of FSA but in the end the FSA are our people. All the massacres the regime are committing won't stop us or our protesting.
Despite all the fears I live with now, I love my life more than before. It has become more meaningful. Now, we have something to live for and achieve.
you can thank your rebel/terrorist friends for all the hardship and deaths, as i always say unless there's a credible opposition and a dialogue, these days won't end.
Ayreshire

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Aug 30, 2012
jo jo wrote:
<quoted text>you can thank your rebel/terrorist friends for all the hardship and deaths, as i always say unless there's a credible opposition and a dialogue, these days won't end.
They are called patriots trying to get rid of a ruthless dictator imbecile! Hey Paid Assadomite sock puppet, why have most countries in the world condemned your hero Assad?? The blood dummy is on yours and your hero Assad's Hands! You being the lying propagandist in Australia and Assad doing the dirty work!! Stop the blame game ignorant nonsense when Syrian patriots are trying to get rid of a ruthless Dictator! But then that's what you getting paid for isn't it? To blame everyone except the clown that pays you??
jo jo

Australia

#6 Aug 30, 2012
Ayreshire wrote:
<quoted text>They are called patriots trying to get rid of a ruthless dictator imbecile! Hey Paid Assadomite sock puppet, why have most countries in the world condemned your hero Assad?? The blood dummy is on yours and your hero Assad's Hands! You being the lying propagandist in Australia and Assad doing the dirty work!! Stop the blame game ignorant nonsense when Syrian patriots are trying to get rid of a ruthless Dictator! But then that's what you getting paid for isn't it? To blame everyone except the clown that pays you??
Patriots my ASS, it's no secret terrorists including your freinds Al-Qaeda are coming in from other countries pimped by Turkey to kill,,even the biased western media has repoted this."HEY" blame them for not lying on your be-half....
Ayreshire

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Aug 30, 2012
jo jo wrote:
<quoted text>Patriots my ASS, it's no secret terrorists including your freinds Al-Qaeda are coming in from other countries pimped by Turkey to kill,,even the biased western media has repoted this."HEY" blame them for not lying on your be-half....
You are one paid brainwashed Syrian sock puppet for Assad aren't you clown?? Syria was such a peaceful country as long as everyone obeyed your hero Assad!! They got sick and tired of it!! Hey dummy! It started out with bottles and rocks!! Then your hero Assad used Rockets, grenades, tanks, aircraft? Get real and get a clue!! 20,000 plus of his own people murdered at the hands of your hero Assad! Do you see very many Syrians from Syria Posting?? That's because Assad has a short leash on everyone!! Funny how you clowns live in a country that grants you all the freedom in the world to write your nonsense. The Syrian people have no freedom so what do you clowns do? You stand up for a ruthless Assad Dictator!! And to top it off, somehow Israel and West are involved. The U.S., amazingly U.N., NATO, The Arab League and the list goes on and on have condemned ASSAD. Most civilized countries have elections so when you have brutal Dictators like China, Syria, and Iran there is no way to get rid of the tyrants other than by force!! The people are stuck with their ruthless Dictators their whole lives and then when that clown passes, daddy appoints another ruthless Dictator and this is an endless cycle! It's like a nightmare that will not go away!! I don't blame the people one bit!! Folks! Ask yourself why Syrian is not in Syria while hiding out in the WEST! He's a filthy disgusting Paid Assad Sock Puppet! Period!
China, Venezuela and Iran supports Syria and guess what? There is NO freedom in any of those countries either!
jo jo

Australia

#8 Aug 30, 2012
Ayreshire wrote:
<quoted text>You are one paid brainwashed Syrian sock puppet for Assad aren't you clown?? Syria was such a peaceful country as long as everyone obeyed your hero Assad!! They got sick and tired of it!! Hey dummy! It started out with bottles and rocks!! Then your hero Assad used Rockets, grenades, tanks, aircraft? Get real and get a clue!! 20,000 plus of his own people murdered at the hands of your hero Assad! Do you see very many Syrians from Syria Posting?? That's because Assad has a short leash on everyone!! Funny how you clowns live in a country that grants you all the freedom in the world to write your nonsense. The Syrian people have no freedom so what do you clowns do? You stand up for a ruthless Assad Dictator!! And to top it off, somehow Israel and West are involved. The U.S., amazingly U.N., NATO, The Arab League and the list goes on and on have condemned ASSAD. Most civilized countries have elections so when you have brutal Dictators like China, Syria, and Iran there is no way to get rid of the tyrants other than by force!! The people are stuck with their ruthless Dictators their whole lives and then when that clown passes, daddy appoints another ruthless Dictator and this is an endless cycle! It's like a nightmare that will not go away!! I don't blame the people one bit!! Folks! Ask yourself why Syrian is not in Syria while hiding out in the WEST! He's a filthy disgusting Paid Assad Sock Puppet! Period!
China, Venezuela and Iran supports Syria and guess what? There is NO freedom in any of those countries either!
...YAWNING...
Ayreshire

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Aug 30, 2012
jo jo wrote:
<quoted text>...YAWNING...
Of course! What else can we expect out of you Paid Assad Sock Puppets?
Ayreshire

Saint-denis, Reunion

#10 Aug 30, 2012
Here we go again with my never ending BS horse manure from none other than Ayreshitface Unreality Nutjob!!! I am the Filthy Liar as usual from Hasbarats's Anal PIGS PENs and MUD hole's of Hasbarat Terrorist war mongers, who are supporters of the Mass-Murderers ?? Why is it that i am a brainwashed angry moronic hating lil' childish 3 year old Lil' LIAR and BEAT MYSELF SENSELESS AND act like a FILTHY DISGUSTING LAP DOGGIE BOOM BOOM THE ASSCLOWN ayreshitpit HasbaRAT GREEN AND WHITE ARMY ARM BANDS on my Milking Arms as I and my Trick daughter sing the Hasbarat Anthem while milking men, before we run like cattle from the battle! I should be on a forum on Nazi Hitler's rejuvenation and reincarnation Band of the ignorant Hasbarat Brotherhood. One would think I live back over 65 years to hear the same pathetic hate from me all over again!! I am a little Nazi Hitler wanna-be's and scumbag brainwashed Muslim arab xenophobic hating lil' childish 3 year old Lil and a LIAR who BEATS HIMSELF SENSELESS AND A FILTHY DISGUSTING LAP DOGGIE BOOM BOOM ASSCLOWN reliving the Nazi past! THAT IS WHAT I AM !
Ayreshire

Saint-denis, Reunion

#11 Aug 30, 2012
Ayreshire wrote:
<quoted text>Of course! What else can we expect out of you Paid Assad Sock Puppets?
No, anyone with a brain will at least yawn at your constant cattle rambling. Certainly not read your shit.
jo jo

Australia

#12 Aug 30, 2012
Ayreshire wrote:
<quoted text>
No, anyone with a brain will at least yawn at your constant cattle rambling. Certainly not read your shit.
LOL...right on!!!
Ayreshire

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Aug 30, 2012
Ayreshire wrote:
Here we go again with my never ending BS horse manure from none other than Ayreshitface Unreality Nutjob!!! I am the Filthy arab xenophobic hating lil' childish 3 year old Lil and a LIAR who BEATS HIMSELF SENSELESS AND A FILTHY DISGUSTING LAP DOGGIE BOOM BOOM ASSCLOWN reliving the Nazi past! THAT IS WHAT I AM !
What else can we expect from a nut case in a mental institution. I did some checking at the Disease infested Reunion South Africa Institute for the criminally Insane (DIRICI) and I found out when they have to lock nut case oczx the disease riddled clown in solitary confinement they hear voices from his cell for month on end.
This is what they are hearing from the clown:
Waitress:..ASSAD IS MY GOD!!! Zionist GO HOME, "Jewish people are the Monsters .. The biggest hater of Jews.. there's egg and bacon; pull pork sausage smothered in UNDERWEAR.. Israel is a Rogue Terrorist Regime...egg sausage and bacon; Waitress: Israel is a Rogue Terrorist Regime; here is Ratty...egg bacon spam and pull pork sausage smothered in underwear; Military Mooches...I'm a ASSAD sock puppet, ASSAD IS MY GOD!!!, Glue sticks.. Zionist GO HOME, pull pork sausage smothered in underwear...Freddie is the devil...,Israel Mooches, egg bacon and pull pork sausage smothered in underwear and spam; spam, spam and more of it... ASSAD IS MY GOD!!!..bacon pork sausage and spam; spam egg spam. USA and Israel evil!...Terrorist are good!... bacon and spam; spam sausage smothered in underwear... more spam and LIES! Jews evil! Jewish people are the Monsters!... bacon spam ..pull pork...Freddie is the devil, Veterans should innocent man killed by inhumane Jews.., Israel Mooches. Waitress: Check please! Eggs and Spam.. I want glue!!
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam... Israel Mooches... Evacuating Mental Institution.. body bags... Jewish people are the Monsters ..Terrorist MORALS are good! BEWARE ALL..pull pork ASAP.
Waitress:.. ASSAD IS MY GOD!!! Zionist GO HOME, "Jewish people are the Monsters in this surreal nightmarish stories about "Creepers."... The biggest hater of Jews.. there's egg and bacon; pull pork sausage smothered in UNDERWEAR.. And ye shall know the truth...egg sausage and bacon; Waitress: ASSAD IS MY GOD!!!; here is Ratty...egg bacon spam and pull pork sausage smothered in underwear; Jewish people are the Monsters ...I'm a ASSAD sock puppet, ASSAD IS MY GOD!!!, Glue sticks.. Zionist GO HOME, pull pork sausage smothered in underwear...Freddie is the devil...,Israel Mooches, egg bacon and pull pork sausage smothered in underwear and spam; spam, spam and more of it... Devil and the deep blue Mama..bacon pork sausage and spam; spam egg spam. USA and Israel evil!...Terrorist are good!... bacon and spam; spam sausage smothered in underwear... more spam and LIES! Jews evil! Terrorists Good!... bacon spam ..pull pork...Freddie is the devil, Jewish people are the Monsters in this surreal nightmarish stories about "Creepers.., Israel Mooches. Waitress: Check please! Eggs and Spam.. I want glue!! Zionist GO HOME!!
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...
Then there is silence as the Muslim Clown drifts off into a Hamas La La Land stupor of wet dreams...
Ayreshire

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Aug 30, 2012
Ayreshire wrote:
Here we go again with my never ending BS horse manure from none other than Ayreshitface Unreality Nutjob!!! I am the Filthy Liar as usual from Hasbarats's Anal PIGS PENs and MUD hole's of Hasbarat hating lil' childish 3 year old Lil and a LIAR who BEATS HIMSELF SENSELESS AND A FILTHY DISGUSTING LAP DOGGIE BOOM BOOM ASSCLOWN reliving the Nazi past! THAT IS WHAT I AM !
Using other people's names and changing what they wrote only shows your childish Low IQ Low life mentality! You, Jo Jo the Muzzie and lap dog Syrian Assadomite will never back up anything two imbecilic nutjobs post and this is all you have left!! I don't blame you for being upset! You have some serious mental issues and we all need to be patient as you throw your little baby temper tantrums!! You three retards report for your HOURLY meds. Stop clowning around on the public computer at that mental institution in Reunion and report to them ASAP!! Give some other patients a chance to use the computer!!
oczx

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Aug 30, 2012
jo jo wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...right on!!!
No it's not LIAR!! All this BOILS DOWN TO IS one blooming BRAINWASHED uneducated idiot agreeing with another blooming uneducated BRAINWASHED idiot! Stop the kissy kissy smoochy smoochy sick ignorant nonsense!! You two clowns need to get a room ASAP you're about to explode in your Diapers!!
Ayershire

Saint-denis, Reunion

#18 Aug 30, 2012
Me the Poor stupid Hasbarat Lies Beat myself silly trying to find more lies! I have failed at my Hasbarat filthy propagandist task. I think by trying to drown others post out by posting my long scripted Jewish love and American & Muslim hate propaganda lies that people will stop posting the truth and that ME and other Hasbarats can control the board but it is not going to work for we are dumbazz.
Barbaro

Syria

#19 Aug 30, 2012
judy kay wrote:
I think a buffer zone would be kidnapping.
Don't worry dear it will never happen
Chris

Toronto, Canada

#20 Aug 30, 2012
George wrote:
This is an honest opinion and reflection from a refugee from Syria.
One person is just one person. She can be paid good money and say anything. But assuming she said the truth, snipers on the rooftops is scenario common to all West engineered wars: Yugoslavia, Libya, and Syria. In Yugosalvia: Sarajevo Bosnia, they were blamed on Serbs; in Libya they were blamed on Gaddafi's army; in Syria they are blamed on Assad's army. None of these countries have tradition of training snipers, but the NATO countries have, and they use them abundantly in Afghanistan. The snipers on the rooftops smell of infiltrated International mercenaries.
Avenger

Duncan, Canada

#21 Aug 30, 2012
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
One person is just one person. She can be paid good money and say anything. But assuming she said the truth, snipers on the rooftops is scenario common to all West engineered wars: Yugoslavia, Libya, and Syria. In Yugosalvia: Sarajevo Bosnia, they were blamed on Serbs; in Libya they were blamed on Gaddafi's army; in Syria they are blamed on Assad's army. None of these countries have tradition of training snipers, but the NATO countries have, and they use them abundantly in Afghanistan. The snipers on the rooftops smell of infiltrated International mercenaries.
All armies have snipers dummy your so pathetically daft Chrisy.
Leela

Appleton, WI

#22 Aug 30, 2012
The ONLY snipers are the ones brought in from day ONE by other countries to destroy Syria. FYI.... will not happen. Anyone part of the FSA crap can leave the country. No one wants you there.
They have chosen to kill and be killed. Stop blaming the Syrian government. As far as I know. Not one person has died in Syria, previous to this bull crap, so called, joke democratic uprising. Ya right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Friends & Supporters of Jesse Matthew Start Leg... 15 hr equalizer76 3
UVa Community Holds Vigil to Honor African-Amer... Oct 18 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
Biden apologizes to Turkey president in phone call Oct 4 Toybars 1
Voices: Hannah Graham. It could have been us. Oct 2 William 2
Suspect in Hannah Graham Disappearance Tied to ... Oct 1 Max 3
Police link 2nd case to missing Va. student arrest Sep 30 Anonymous 1
Opinion: GOP's problem wooing African-American ... Sep 29 xxxrayted 55

University of Virginia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE