VA Delegates Pass Bill to Crack Down on School Bullying

House Bill 1871 passed the House of Delegates 93 to six Monday. It would officially define "bullying" in the Virginia Code as "any aggressive and unwanted behavior that is intended to harm, intimidate, or humiliate the victim" It would also require school boards to implement anti-bullying policies. Full Story
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Feb 4, 2013
This is so easy, you identify the bully, go to mom and dad, tell them to staighten the kid up or they face jail and fines. You have to go to the pocket book to get results.
SuzyQ

Alexandria, VA

#3 Feb 4, 2013
Mr-Butcher wrote:
We are a nation of candyazz pusscakes.
And that includes you!
That's a mean thing to say!!
Lisa

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 4, 2013
They won't care in Fluvanna! It is the worst school for bullying ever.
GoUVa

Washington, DC

#5 Feb 5, 2013
It has the official seal of approval from Bozo Bob which means it has to be good. Just another law to pass down to local jurisdictions, or in this case the school boards, "to implement policies on bullying". This bill will do nothing to protect a child when they leave school. Social media has become the number 1 way to bully, taunt or humiliate children in today's society. Freedom of speech is guaranteed by the Constitution but Bozo has to appear to be doing something in his last year (thank God) in office.
hitem

Fork Union, VA

#6 Feb 5, 2013
SuzyQ wrote:
<quoted text>And that includes you!
That's a mean thing to say!!
Ahhhhh shutup and give me your lunch
Yura Butt

Alexandria, VA

#8 Feb 5, 2013
They should make one law that includes workplace, school, & the gay folks bullying!

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

#9 Feb 5, 2013
GoUVa wrote:
It has the official seal of approval from Bozo Bob which means it has to be good. Just another law to pass down to local jurisdictions, or in this case the school boards, "to implement policies on bullying". This bill will do nothing to protect a child when they leave school. Social media has become the number 1 way to bully, taunt or humiliate children in today's society. Freedom of speech is guaranteed by the Constitution but Bozo has to appear to be doing something in his last year (thank God) in office.
Have you considered a run for Governor yet? You really should because you have all the answers. I would be willing to bet that you would carry Charlottesville City in an election. What is your degree in; Political Science, Astro Physics, Engineering...? Your level of intelligence is astounding and I'm sure there is not another person that would dare to challenge you in a debate.
JMK

Miamisburg, OH

#10 Feb 13, 2013
GoUVa wrote:
Case in point: you just used social media (this forum) to spread "bullying language" aimed at the Governor.
real central va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Feb 13, 2013
JMK wrote:
<quoted text>
Case in point: you just used social media (this forum) to spread "bullying language" aimed at the Governor.
Nice call
sez you

Richmond, VA

#12 Feb 13, 2013
We have laws for spitting on the sidewalk, since when did that stop anybody? This is all fanfare and the bullys could care less. Got to deal with the parents up front.
Disappointed Parent

Chicago, IL

#13 Jan 4, 2014
I just removed my child from Augusta County Schools because no one cares from the principle; teacher and school board about bullying and this has gone on since September. The teacher "just doesn't see it." Maybe if someone actually monitored kids during lunch they would know! To have my child who is out going and sweet is outragious. Shame on you for ignoring what is going on in the schools. She will now be homeschooled. Ignoring it only creates more New town and Columbine insidents not to mention others!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global Warming is Fake? These 7 Politicians Thi... 3 hr Bama Yankee 3
Friends & Supporters of Jesse Matthew Start Leg... 6 hr Believer 5
UVa Community Holds Vigil to Honor African-Amer... Oct 18 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
Biden apologizes to Turkey president in phone call Oct 4 Toybars 1
Voices: Hannah Graham. It could have been us. Oct 2 William 2
Suspect in Hannah Graham Disappearance Tied to ... Oct 1 Max 3
Police link 2nd case to missing Va. student arrest Sep 30 Anonymous 1

University of Virginia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE