Charlottesville Launches Electronic A...

Charlottesville Launches Electronic Absentee Ballot Program

There are 8 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Charlottesville Launches Electronic Absentee Ballot Program. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Charlottesville active duty and overseas voters can now choose their candidates with the click of a mouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

huck

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Feb 22, 2013
step in the right direction
GOP take notice.
Reva Madison

Ruckersville, VA

#2 Feb 22, 2013
It doesn't say when the ballot must be returned, and at first I thought it was a two-way thing. That they would be able to vote from their temporary location, via computer. That is what the headline leads one to understand. Its not until one reads the third paragraph that says it must be mailed in. This is not much different than the old method of having to mail for a ballot, then mail it back, except it shortens the time from request to receipt by the voter. This still requires one to vote to early. What if something comes up and he/she wishes to change their vote in that month and a half period? Its done, and there appears to be no way to change it.
G Luv

Marietta, GA

#3 Feb 22, 2013
Wait. Without showing ID?
Liber Al

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 23, 2013
Vote Democrat!!! Vote Early!!! Vote Often!!!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 23, 2013
Reva Madison wrote:
It doesn't say when the ballot must be returned, and at first I thought it was a two-way thing. That they would be able to vote from their temporary location, via computer. That is what the headline leads one to understand. Its not until one reads the third paragraph that says it must be mailed in. This is not much different than the old method of having to mail for a ballot, then mail it back, except it shortens the time from request to receipt by the voter. This still requires one to vote to early. What if something comes up and he/she wishes to change their vote in that month and a half period? Its done, and there appears to be no way to change it.
when (if ever) the process becomes entirely online, you should be able to change right up to the 'polls closing'.
Sarg

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Feb 23, 2013
Let's see: you can choose your candidates online, but you can't submit the ballot. Makes perfect sense.
Yeah Right

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Feb 23, 2013
huck wrote:
step in the right direction
GOP take notice.
The DNC better take notice, too. If implemented correctly, this will make it more difficult to stuff the ballot-box. The GOP wants only to suppress the fraudulent votes. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#8 Feb 23, 2013
Yeah Right wrote:
<quoted text>
The DNC better take notice, too. If implemented correctly, this will make it more difficult to stuff the ballot-box. The GOP wants only to suppress the fraudulent votes. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Then why don't they say that?

http://atlantadailyworld.com/index.php/adw-ne...

http://www.thenation.com/blog/169454/ohio-gop...

I don't know, I'm taking their word for it... they are the GOP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Standoff at Lake Monticello Ends, Suspec... (Feb '13) Apr '16 Kimmy Head 79
News UVA Illegal Immigrant Group Demands 'Xenophobes... Mar '16 HOLLA ISABELLA 3
News North Korea sentences US tourist to 15 years in pr Mar '16 Lawrence Wolf 23
News Former student: Antonin Scalia was outed as 'bl... Mar '16 MsFashyPants 10
News Wall Street supports Bush, Clinton for sake of ... (Oct '15) Mar '16 Gordon Geko 9
News What We Know About the American Held in North K... Mar '16 King Cod 3
News N. Korea Sentences Virginia Student To 15 Years... Mar '16 pgh 1
More from around the web