Carneal hearing opens

Carneal hearing opens

There are 160 comments on the The Paducah Sun Online Edition story from Mar 14, 2011, titled Carneal hearing opens. In it, The Paducah Sun Online Edition reports that:

Prosecutors called a forensic clinical psychologist from the University of Virginia as the first witness in a federal court hearing in Paducah on Monday to determine if Heath High School shooter Michael Carneal was too mentally ill to plead guilty in 1998.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paducah Sun Online Edition.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
backstabber

Paducah, KY

#147 Mar 22, 2011
Kat wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL even I have to agree that is a good one. Thanks for the giggle.
You are one very stupid demented human being..
Kim

Nashville, TN

#148 Jul 14, 2011
Free Michael wrote:
He just did what so many of us would never do, but when you were being punched by a bunch of untouchable jocks or unmercifally harassed day after day, don't lie and say getting revenge on those privileged sons of bitches in that style didn't cross your mind. He should never have carried it out, and thinking something like that even is pretty extreme, but apparently others do, too, or you wouldn't have books/movies/etc. with similar themes.
Give him a second chance- he can spend the rest of his life speaking out against bullying, or making the wrong choice and his experience might shape others for the better as a cautionary tale.
Except for the fact that we heard from him for the first time during this hearing and he himself said it had nothing to do with being bullied... Hmm...
ant

United States

#150 Jul 20, 2011
esg wrote:
<quoted text> he endured allot more than other kids.... Your just biased cause you were there
I grew up down the street from him and went to school with him, he did not get picked on like he said he did. Hell mike even picked on other kids to so let the piece of shit rot in jail he killed innocent kids for no reason
ant

United States

#151 Jul 20, 2011
Kat wrote:
I know Michael personally. I consider him to be a friend of mine. He is a sweet heart and not the person he is portrayed to be. Most you do not know him at all so you have no right at all to say anything about him. As for what he did, I donít blame him. He was bullied and tormented on a daily basis and he snapped. That is what happens when you push people too far.

You are so stupid, I grew up with carneal and he was a bully himself picking on kids younger than him all the time. He is the person portrayed to the media, I watched him break an arrow over someones head for no reason, and u say he's just mis understood shame on you for being ignorant.
Liar

Eddyville, KY

#152 Jul 20, 2011
ant wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so stupid, I grew up with carneal and he was a bully himself picking on kids younger than him all the time. He is the person portrayed to the media, I watched him break an arrow over someones head for no reason, and u say he's just mis understood shame on you for being ignorant.
I HIGHLY doubt that you know him at all. I am sure your just pathetically trying to get 5 minutes of fame by saying you "knew" him. Shame on you for being a liar.
Food4thought

Pflugerville, TX

#153 Jul 20, 2011
ant wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up down the street from him and went to school with him, he did not get picked on like he said he did. Hell mike even picked on other kids to so let the piece of shit rot in jail he killed innocent kids for no reason
Of course ther was a reason... Whether it was an underlying
rnental disorder, bullying or both, there was a reason. A CHILD doesn't got to school and shoot other children for no reason.
ant

United States

#154 Jul 20, 2011
Liar wrote:
<quoted text>
I HIGHLY doubt that you know him at all. I am sure your just pathetically trying to get 5 minutes of fame by saying you "knew" him. Shame on you for being a liar.
What fame a lot of people knew him , I have no reason to lie I grew up on harris rd right passed jenn right off maxon rd where carneal lived in a brick house set back the rd a little bit with an ass load of trees in the yard. Carneal needs to stay in jail for the rest of his life that's it.]
omg answer

Russellville, KY

#155 Feb 26, 2012
what caarneal are you talking about
carneal

Russellville, KY

#156 Feb 26, 2012
ant wrote:
<quoted text>
y best not be talking about my uncle
carneal

Russellville, KY

#157 Feb 26, 2012
Food4thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course ther was a reason... Whether it was an underlying
rnental disorder, bullying or both, there was a reason. A CHILD doesn't got to school and shoot other children for no reason.
y you hatein on david carneal forreals what he do 2 you
can i have your name to traash you
skeeter

Wingo, KY

#159 Feb 27, 2012
Some have said here ,"give him a second chance..."the problem I have with that is,those girls and their families will never have a "second chance".Those girls didn't get to graduate or be walked down the aisle to be married. Those girls and their families were robbed of their futures.Forgiveness??Yes,I believe in forgiving,but forgiving doesn't mean he deserves to be freed and allowed to get out of prison and begin a life and opportunities that he took away from those girls.
Why do some think that "his" wish to be free outweighs the reality of the lives he took.Put him on one side of the scales,then put the girls he killed and their families and the ones affected forever by his actions on the other side of the scales...does that "even out"?
He took away everything that those girls were and were ever gonna be.Why should he get to have a future that he took from so many others??
moveover

Dayton, OH

#160 Feb 27, 2012
New school shooting this morning in Cleveland. Please pray for the victims.
Really

Paducah, KY

#161 Feb 27, 2012
carneal wrote:
<quoted text>
y you hatein on david carneal forreals what he do 2 you
can i have your name to traash you
You are an idiot. They are talking about Michael Carneal who is responsible for a school shooting he did at Heath High when he was 14.
carneal

Russellville, KY

#162 Mar 7, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot. They are talking about Michael Carneal who is responsible for a school shooting he did at Heath High when he was 14.
were is heath high and im sorry wrong micheal carneal
carneal

Russellville, KY

#163 Mar 7, 2012
skeeter wrote:
Some have said here ,"give him a second chance..."the problem I have with that is,those girls and their families will never have a "second chance".Those girls didn't get to graduate or be walked down the aisle to be married. Those girls and their families were robbed of their futures.Forgiveness??Yes,I believe in forgiving,but forgiving doesn't mean he deserves to be freed and allowed to get out of prison and begin a life and opportunities that he took away from those girls.
Why do some think that "his" wish to be free outweighs the reality of the lives he took.Put him on one side of the scales,then put the girls he killed and their families and the ones affected forever by his actions on the other side of the scales...does that "even out"?
He took away everything that those girls were and were ever gonna be.Why should he get to have a future that he took from so many others??
what is all this abouta shootingsrry buit i dont no any thing about this
Flower

Corinth, MS

#164 Jan 11, 2014
Free Michael wrote:
He just did what so many of us would never do, but when you were being punched by a bunch of untouchable jocks or unmercifally harassed day after day, don't lie and say getting revenge on those privileged sons of bitches in that style didn't cross your mind. He should never have carried it out, and thinking something like that even is pretty extreme, but apparently others do, too, or you wouldn't have books/movies/etc. with similar themes.
Give him a second chance- he can spend the rest of his life speaking out against bullying, or making the wrong choice and his experience might shape others for the better as a cautionary tale.
All these law suits blaming his parents are what is so vile! Where are all the lawsuits against the kids that put that hurtful thing in the school newspaper or at the school for allowing such harassment and bullying. This story made me sick. People wonder why he targeted the prayer group and not the bullies but sometimes when you are bullied.. The hatred is more to your friends than your tormentors.. Because it's not what they heard or saw.. It's what did they do to defend him? Did they laugh at that gossip about him being gay? Did they go to the principle and demand justice? And that principle... What did he do when he knew one of his students had suffered such embarrassment at his school by other students. Yea.. We deep what we sow.
bob

Mayfield, KY

#165 Jan 11, 2014
We deep what we sow? Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid?
Cragen

Owensboro, KY

#166 Jan 11, 2014
bob wrote:
I'm sure they meant reap......jees
Time to draw the line

Paducah, KY

#168 Jan 12, 2014
just Let him out take him back down there in that hall way ! Hand cuff him let him sit there for a few days and hang giant posters of the crime scene all over the place! Then let the prayer group come in there and pray out loud non stop for two days read bible vs about killing , and do a re enactment of events. Then let the families come in there with sawed of double barrell shot guns take him out then doze that shit building down and save the tax payers money for a change bad thing is the parents and now the kids who was shot & injured are keeping that bastard up in prison and paying for his lawyers food and housing! Oh and when those news media shows up and ass holes holding save mike or don't kill or gay signs whatever tell them son of a bitches get your asses home or you might be next!! I'm tired of the bull shit media and all these crybaby faggott asses and minorty groups crying I'm sure everybody else is from what I hear too!!
3Wheeler

Nashville, TN

#169 Jan 12, 2014
bob wrote:
Now THAT was funny!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buckingham County woman shot in back of head (Apr '11) Apr 21 MEE 2
News Ohio parents beg Trump for help in securing son... Apr 17 Do The Crime Do T... 2
News MRCTV's Brittany Hughes Slams Network Blackout ... Mar '17 spytheweb 1
News Networks Censor Alleged Rape by Illegal Immigra... Mar '17 tomin cali 1
News Who is Jerry Falwell Jr. and why is he reformin... Mar '17 South Knox Hombre 3
italians are fake Nov '16 anonymous 5
News No holiday for political talk, social media pos... Nov '16 FaithlessElectors... 2
More from around the web