UVA upgrades gun prohibition

UVA upgrades gun prohibition

There are 4 comments on the C-Ville Weekly story from Nov 22, 2011, titled UVA upgrades gun prohibition. In it, C-Ville Weekly reports that:

When the University of Virginia's Board of Visitors upgraded the school's weapons "policy" to a "regulation," it transformed a stated preference for a gun-free Grounds into an enforceable rule.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at C-Ville Weekly.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#1 Nov 23, 2011
No guns, no funds.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

#2 Nov 23, 2011
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
No guns, no funds.
And —once again— they prove Einstein to be correct in his assertion:
—————
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
~ Albert Einstein
—————

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#3 Nov 23, 2011
It is amazing how many different people keep trying to solve the wrong problem.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

#4 Nov 23, 2011
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
It is amazing how many different people keep trying to solve the wrong problem.
It's the way they are raised and taught: The idea —in their minds— amounts to deprivation.
In so-called 'public school,' everyone gets punished for the act of a single actor in the hopes that someone will come forward and rat on that actor.
I did some research on the matter, and it —the idea— arrives from the U.S. Army, where some dictatorial bastard decided to punish a whole company of soldiers for that act of a single soldier. And as I looked further, it stems from the Roman legions themselves where whole towns were decimated predicated upon an act conducted by just one actor.
It's amazing how it is that —in the historical context— idiots seem never to grasp an idea properly, and end up misconstruing it endlessly.
So, we find ourselves where we are, because of inveterate ignorance. Nothing new there ... relatively speaking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Egypt state news agency says Mubarak is "clinic... (Jun '12) 12 hr Zionist appeasers 18
News Talc linked to ovarian cancer risk in African-A... 12 hr Dinie 15
News In the fight against sexual assault, this schoo... Jun 25 Paddling has its ... 4
News Police Standoff at Lake Monticello Ends, Suspec... (Feb '13) Jun 8 Sick of Taxes 80
News Wall Street supports Bush, Clinton for sake of ... (Oct '15) Jun 3 Happy Old Geezer 10
News UVA Illegal Immigrant Group Demands 'Xenophobes... Mar '16 HOLLA ISABELLA 3
News North Korea sentences US tourist to 15 years in pr Mar '16 Lawrence Wolf 23
More from around the web