Coffeewood inmate injured after scuff...

Coffeewood inmate injured after scuffle with another inmate

There are 4 comments on the Culpeper Star-Exponent story from Sep 21, 2011, titled Coffeewood inmate injured after scuffle with another inmate. In it, Culpeper Star-Exponent reports that:

A Coffeewood Correctional Center inmate was airlifted to the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville Monday afternoon following an altercation with another inmate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Culpeper Star-Exponent.

ainmatesparent

Ruckersville, VA

#1 Sep 22, 2011
This is news to a parent that has a chid in the system and the serious of the condition of the child that was flown by helicopertor to uva no persn weather incarcerate or not should be beaten that bad as I was told he was beaten so bad he was in a comma they are suspose to be protected not beatin half to death in there
jenn

United States

#2 Sep 23, 2011
I do not beleave any human deserves this.Just because the did a crime they are paying for it by being in jail.They still have rights a deserve to be protectect.just think if this was your child or brother or grandchild.This crime would not go unpunished if it was a boy on the street this bad and it shouldn't just because its in a prison.we need to up security in prisons this boy was not beat by one man he was beat by many men and who or what people are trying to cover up.and why are they covering it up.were was security guards when this was happening.I beleave this should be known so it doesn't happen again.Just because someone makes a mistake doesn't mean the shouldn't be protected and brutally beaten almost half to death
anexcwccinmate

Valparaiso, IN

#3 Jan 13, 2012
I was an inmate at cwcc for a few years. When I was ther it was a level II security institution and I believe it still is? I have heard that the requirements for being housed there have changed. A level II institution should NOT have this type of inmate there. The Classification System that the VADOC uses is full of %$&#. I know people that were at CWCC that were convicted of crimes from Bad Checks, Sex Offenses to Murder.
I am a firm believer that any crime that an inmate is convicted of can be housed at a level II or even a level I institution. I feel that an inmate earns the right through time and their institutional record, to advance through the levels of custody to ultimately be at a lesser security institution prior to release.
The inmate in question, which did the beating should go straight to level 6 for the remainder of his incarceration.
The security staff have alot of responsibilities and I understand that. However, as an ex-inmate of cwcc, the housing units and rec yards are not conducive of ANY true amount of security, just by design. The Rec Yards are patrolled by a truck driving around the perimeter. The towers are un-manned. The Housing Units are large and two officers, one of which is in the control booth, CANNOT give any type of real security.
So it boils down to the type of inmate housed there. This rests totally upon the Classification of the inmates by the Classification Committees.
James woodward

Ruckersville, VA

#4 Mar 11, 2015
Just to let everybody know I lived and the boy did not get in any trouble the post before this one does not even sound like an inmate it sounds like a guard people I know said I laid on the floor bleeding out for almost over a half hour before any guard got to me and the truth of the matter it happens because a guard had problems with my father so to hurt him he got inmates to get at me go to say that same guard got fired shortly afterwords and coffee wood covered it up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Westchester Native Thinks Outside The Box With ... Sun John 1
News What does 'diversity' mean to you? The answer m... (Aug '14) Aug 27 Mite Be 58
News UVA Encouraging Students to Avoid Wertland St. ... Aug 18 What would Trump do 1
News Egypt state news agency says Mubarak is "clinic... (Jun '12) Jun '16 Zionist appeasers 18
News Talc linked to ovarian cancer risk in African-A... Jun '16 Dinie 15
News In the fight against sexual assault, this schoo... Jun '16 Paddling has its ... 4
News Police Standoff at Lake Monticello Ends, Suspec... (Feb '13) Jun '16 Sick of Taxes 80
More from around the web