Former Boy Scout Leader Indicted on S...

Former Boy Scout Leader Indicted on Sodomy Charge

There are 11 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 30, 2013, titled Former Boy Scout Leader Indicted on Sodomy Charge. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Investigators say the incident happened in 2005 with a victim under the age of 13 and involved both oral and anal sex.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Judy

Crozet, VA

#1 Feb 4, 2013
Why is he a boy scout leader? Can't we protect out children against predators like this and ban them from the scouts?
Confused

Dillwyn, VA

#2 Feb 4, 2013
He should have taken a Dumler plea deal.
order of the arrow

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 4, 2013
I'd stay in there if i were you, watkins.
Ted

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 5, 2013
Now gays will be allowed to join the Boy Scouts. To me, that's like opening a bank vault for a robber.
charlottsville

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Feb 5, 2013
If gays are going to be aloud in the Boy Scouts then you know they won't be learning about what they are supposed to they will be doing other things. That is just a way for them to get together without anyone knowing.
charlottsville

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Feb 5, 2013
I think this is sick and should not be allowed. If this kind of behavior keeps up the world is going to S---T in a handbasket. this is not right, it is abomination!!!
An Avid Reader

Richmond, VA

#8 Feb 5, 2013
Judy wrote:
Why is he a boy scout leader? Can't we protect out children against predators like this and ban them from the scouts?
He WAS a Boy scout leader but was reieved of his duties in June 2011 after this came about to the Boy Scout council He should get locked up for life if you ask me. If he did it once he'll do it again -- that type does. So either castrate him or lock him up for live -- either is too good for him.
central va marine

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Feb 5, 2013
One count?

Two months of investigation, hundreds of phone calls to the police?

How many victims came forward?

How many reports were taken?

How many were followed up on?

In 2005 many, and I mean MANY reports were ignored.

In 2005, testimony under oath was ignored.

Will the public hear anything besides an account of a Grand Jury indictment?

I, nor any responsible citizen want any victim's names. God knows they have, and are still going through %$#^& . That information aside, why one indictment? Unless a deal for LIFE IN THE BIG HOUSE was struck.

We will be listening.

more to come
Moi

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Feb 5, 2013
Ted wrote:
Now gays will be allowed to join the Boy Scouts. To me, that's like opening a bank vault for a robber.
First and foremost... homosexuality is not synonymous with pedophilia. That's the same as saying a putting a male teacher in an all-girls elementary school is "like opening a bank vault for a robber". Just because he's into females doesn't mean he's going take sexual advantage of the young girls he supervises.

Second, the incredibly backwards, bigoted organization known as the Boy Scouts of America has been covering up abuse for decades. Do a search for "boy scouts cover up". There's a plethora of articles from tons of legitimate sources detailing the horrifying lengths BSA has gone to keep terrible secrets in the interest of saving face. In my opinion, letting gay kids and leaders participate in BSA is the least controversial issue the organization is facing. So many people are up in arms about what to me is a non-issue (allowing homosexuals), and all the while young boys are shamed into having their lives ruined by predatory leaders who supposedly uphold the Christian morals the BSA supposedly represents. Awful.

Aaaaand I'm stepping off my soapbox.
spotlight

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Feb 5, 2013
And having killed the world's most vibrant economy and having destroyed the world's best healthcare system and having strangled the United States of America, its citizens and its economy to brink of death, Obama, daddyless grifting closet case with elistist disease and a congenital liar, uses most watched superbowl interview to hector private christian organizations into faciltating even more pedophiles.
Get Real

Washington, DC

#12 Feb 5, 2013
Moi wrote:
<quoted text>
First and foremost... homosexuality is not synonymous with pedophilia.
Ture, but both are defined as abnormal behaviors; one is against the law, and both should be kept far away from children.

Pedophiles that abuse kids should receive life in prison without parole or the death penalty and there should not be room for judicial discretion in those sentances.

Homosexuals that want to have relationships as consenting adults should not be discriminated against with regards to their relationship/sexual orientation, jobs, or marriage/civil union to each other.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biases against lesbians, gays ebbing: Study Jul 25 WasteWater 2
News UVa Police ask Community to be Alert after Arme... Jul 13 Wasunwillingclock 1
News Rubio's financial woes could be political gold Jun '15 see the light 1
fire all - ambassey flag italy Jun '15 black ink 1
pavarotti + 1 beer.. dalla + black ink.. pino +... Jun '15 black ink 3
News Lawmakers reject State's Chief Medical Officer May '15 Mikey 16
News Officer: Shooting at Muhammad cartoon contest i... May '15 Tazo 6
More from around the web