68% Oppose Boycotts of Arizona Over N...

68% Oppose Boycotts of Arizona Over New Immigration Law

There are 92 comments on the www.rasmussenreports.com story from May 22, 2010, titled 68% Oppose Boycotts of Arizona Over New Immigration Law. In it, www.rasmussenreports.com reports that:

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that only 14% of Adults think ita s a good idea for cities or states to join that boycott.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that only 14% of Adults think it’s a good idea for cities or states to join that boycott. Ten percent (10%) don’t care one way or the other, and nine percent (9%) more are undecided.

Forty percent (40%), in fact, say they would avoid doing business with any city or state that boycotts Arizona. Forty-three percent (43%) disagree and would continue to do business with boycotting cities or states. Seventeen percent (17%) aren’t sure.

Fifty-five percent (55%) of voters nationwide favor passage of a law like Arizona’s in their own state. When asked specifically about the chief provision of the Arizona law, support is even higher. Sixty-nine percent (69%) of voters believe a police officer should be required to check the immigration status of anyone stopped for a traffic violation or violation of some other law if he suspects the person might be an illegal immigrant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.rasmussenreports.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
racer42

Hayward, CA

#94 Mar 19, 2011
-Farah- wrote:
Nope*rolls eyes* the only parasites are those who hoard wealth! Undocumented workers are simply the victims of neoliberal capitalism *rolls eyes*free trade agreements, such as NAFTA not only outsourced US jobs but they also made it basically impossible to be a farmer or a small shop owner in Mexico.
Then we need to band together and work to have the NAFTA agreement repealed. The United States has never, ever engaged in a trade agreement that worked out to the benefit of the American people

Since: Apr 09

small town

#96 Mar 21, 2011
-Farah- wrote:
Nope*rolls eyes* the only parasites are those who hoard wealth! Undocumented workers are simply the victims of neoliberal capitalism *rolls eyes*free trade agreements, such as NAFTA not only outsourced US jobs but they also made it basically impossible to be a farmer or a small shop owner in Mexico.
So it is the United States Government fault for what Mexico and Central America and All Other Countries that illegal aliens come here?
The United States Citizens and Legal Immigrants need Justice. THE Federal Government is just starting to Secure the Border and Need to Enforce the Laws of the Land and make New Laws. Let ICE do their JOB and DEPORT all these poor illegal immigrants back to whatever country they came FROM. CONFISCATE ALL their WORLDLY POSSESSIONS, and Sale their Possessions at Public Auction and use the Money to Help Deport more illegal immigrants Back to their Homeland Broke. That way it will discourage their Homeland People not to come to United States without PROPER LEGAL PAPERS. Oklahoma has strict laws against illegal immigrants and it is working. Lower Unemployment is one Advantage for United States Citizens and Legal Immigrants. Churches that are Not following the Law of the United States, should lose their Tax Exempt. In the State of Iowa illegal immigrants have Cost the State in 2007; Analysis based on an estimated 55,000 illegal alien population residing in Iowa indicates that they cost the state's taxpayers more than $241 million per year for education, medical care and incarceration. In the State of Illinois in 2007; Analysis based on current estimates of the illegal alien population residing in Illinois indicates that they cost the state's taxpayers more than $3.5 billion per year for education, medical care and incarceration. That is a money that can be used for other purpose, or even lower taxes. JUSTICE when will it be for the United States Citizens and the Legal Immigrants?
Now are you one of those PAID illegal immigrant supporters? Paid by la raza which gets United States Taxpayers Money? The Fact is illegal immigrants are "PARASITES" to "UNITED STATES TAXPAYERS".
When will the madness Stop! We need to Protect these illegal immigrants! SO let make ICE do their JOB and DEPORT all these poor illegal immigrants back to whatever country they came FROM. CONFISCATE ALL their WORLDLY POSSESSIONS and Sale their Possessions at Public Auction and use the Money to Help Deport more of these poor illegal immigrants Back to their Homeland Broke. That way it will discourage their Homeland People not to come to United States without PROPER PAPERS.
Guy

Houston, TX

#97 Apr 1, 2011
dirtbag1958 wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is the United States Government fault for what Mexico and Central America and All Other Countries that illegal aliens come here?
The United States Citizens and Legal Immigrants need Justice. THE Federal Government is just starting to Secure the Border and Need to Enforce the Laws of the Land and make New Laws. Let ICE do their JOB and DEPORT all these poor illegal immigrants back to whatever country they came FROM. CONFISCATE ALL their WORLDLY POSSESSIONS, and Sale their Possessions at Public Auction and use the Money to Help Deport more illegal immigrants Back to their Homeland Broke. That way it will discourage their Homeland People not to come to United States without PROPER LEGAL PAPERS. Oklahoma has strict laws against illegal immigrants and it is working. Lower Unemployment is one Advantage for United States Citizens and Legal Immigrants. Churches that are Not following the Law of the United States, should lose their Tax Exempt. In the State of Iowa illegal immigrants have Cost the State in 2007; Analysis based on an estimated 55,000 illegal alien population residing in Iowa indicates that they cost the state's taxpayers more than $241 million per year for education, medical care and incarceration. In the State of Illinois in 2007; Analysis based on current estimates of the illegal alien population residing in Illinois indicates that they cost the state's taxpayers more than $3.5 billion per year for education, medical care and incarceration. That is a money that can be used for other purpose, or even lower taxes. JUSTICE when will it be for the United States Citizens and the Legal Immigrants?
Now are you one of those PAID illegal immigrant supporters? Paid by la raza which gets United States Taxpayers Money? The Fact is illegal immigrants are "PARASITES" to "UNITED STATES TAXPAYERS".
When will the madness Stop! We need to Protect these illegal immigrants! SO let make ICE do their JOB and DEPORT all these poor illegal immigrants back to whatever country they came FROM. CONFISCATE ALL their WORLDLY POSSESSIONS and Sale their Possessions at Public Auction and use the Money to Help Deport more of these poor illegal immigrants Back to their Homeland Broke. That way it will discourage their Homeland People not to come to United States without PROPER PAPERS.
Agreed 100%
Thank You

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#98 Apr 3, 2011
Javier Solis wrote:
When you look at the picture of the Americana Guera Gal with the title "Arizona: Doing the job the feds wont do," just remember that our huelga Boycott against the Arizona will do just like in that picture yes. We be fisting it the Arizona economia up their nazi culo without any vaselina cabrones and we will ram it up real good and hard until it hurts and shove it to you until you will scream like bitches asking for disculpa pendejos. No more of our dinero and pesos for you inutiles babosos baboons and buffoons. You will reap it what you sow it. Make it no mistake ese. You will rue the day that you messed with the people homes and the constitucion. We no care if the bill of rights was written for us Mexicanos or not; we use it now like it was meant for us. We no care if you no like us here. we be your equals now vatos.
What the Local News Doesn't Show You

&fe ature=PlayList&p=19B5A619C E26C5A4&index=56&playn ext=2&playnext_from=PL

“quotelawrence needs Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Sacramento to San Jose

#99 Apr 8, 2011
the worse facts about illegal aliens is that there are Americans that are breaking the law to harbor them, employ them, assist them, because there are laws of "aiding and betting a criminal", who are the people guilty of this Welfare workers, they assist these people knowing that they are failing false statements, they understand that these people have never paid into the system which they are applying for help falsifying identifications is also another crime and once again it is Americans allowing this crime to occur, when illegals apply for credit, and to buy homes the bankers understand there is a problem yet they get paid by the business these people bring, false identity, aiding and abetting, there are many crimes which occur once they are in the states and living but we have a problem their are Americans that do not enforce laws, and that leaves us broken

SIR LANCELOT

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#100 Jul 18, 2011
Beach828 wrote:
I just came back from vacationing in Arizona, the Grand Canyon has never looked so beautiful. I dropped a couple of thousand dollars in the Arizona economy and I have several friends getting ready to head out west to do the same, screw boycotts of Arizona. The law is the same law as ever, it is just now being enforced.
We have trucks out west every week buying fuel, repair services and other services.
Drivers are not allowed to buy anything in California anymore unless it's for emergency purposes.

SIR LANCELOT

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#101 Jul 18, 2011
-Farah- wrote:
I'm glad that my home town's(Seattle)council approved a resolution to boycott last year!
And I find this whole forum unbelievably offensive, illegal alien is an offensive term, the proper term is undocumented worker *rolls eyes*! WTF, was topixs thinking???
We really don't care what your politically correct ass thinks.
Don Keyes

Biggs, CA

#102 Jul 24, 2011
CHICAGO -- I have just returned from visiting the so-called craziest state in the union. I'm talking about the one with both an official state reptile and a state gun (the ridge-nosed rattlesnake and Colt single-action Army revolver, respectively).

You know, that cesspool of intolerance and rancor whose political representatives are purported to hate brown-skinned people so much they devised anti-illegal immigration laws of dubious constitutionality.

Yep, I violated the semi-official Hispanic boycott of Arizona -- the turf of ace illegal-immigrant hunters Gov. Jan Brewer, Sheriff Joe Arpaio and state Sen. Russell Pearce -- and spent more than a week traveling across the Grand Canyon State just taking in the vibe.

Why? Because according to news headlines, activists and pundits, Arizona has become Ground Zero for antipathy toward Hispanics. I had to see for myself if it was true that to step into Arizona was to risk being detained and deported -- regardless of whether you are a U.S. citizen. It's the place that gave birth to anti-illegal immigrant legislation and inspired dozens of copycats, and fueled the subsequent rise of anti-anti-illegal immigrant activism.

I'm not the only one wanting to see what all the hubbub's about. Tucson-based Gray Line tours is doing a brisk business with its new full-day excursion "Border Crisis: Fact or Fiction." It introduces tourists to "real people" like Nogales ranchers, business owners and patrolmen who spend their days living, working and policing the border. I could just picture this ad copy: "See hundreds of illegal immigrants arrested and tons of narcotics seized live every day for the low, low price of $89!"

I did not partake in that adventure, but after fishing my U.S. passport out of a safe deposit box so I could prove my citizenship in case I got stopped during my travels through Maricopa County by one of Arpaio's deputies -- the office of "America's toughest sheriff" just settled one racial profiling case to the tune of $200,000 -- I set off.

Here's what I found while driving from Nogales, through Tucson and Phoenix, to one of the seven natural wonders of the world in Tusayan: Arizona is full of lots of really nice, regular people.

And they weren't nice to me because I was walking around with my notebook in hand, poised to record quotes on a typical reporter question such as "Do you hate Hispanics?"

It's the middle of the summer, so my skin is as dark as the next maybe-illegal immigrant and I dress like someone who buys her clothes at the thrift store (because I do). And in all my interactions with and observations of white and Latino people all over the state, everyone seemed perfectly normal.

Though I'd been imagining that there was nothing but enmity between Hispanic and Caucasian Arizonans, I got a good feeling about day-to-day relations from the ridiculously polite, multiethnic Border Patrol officers in Nogales who let their drug dogs sniff my rental car and sent me and my family on our way with gleaming smiles; and from the seniors at the Arizona Family Restaurant in Green Valley, a mere half-hour from the border, who dote on their young Latina waitresses, asking them about their children or bragging to them about their own grandkids.

Unless I inadvertently lucked into some utopian Twilight Zone, everywhere I went -- fast-food joints, town squares, water parks -- Hispanics and whites seemed to work and play together peacefully.

My 10-day observation of a daily life that looked to me just like life back in my "sanctuary city" home certainly doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of people in Arizona who either dislike Hispanics or merely hate the toll that illegal immigration has taken on their state, but those types are everywhere. Arizonans aren't all foaming at the mouth.

In talking to men and women, white-collar and blue-collar workers, sure, they take pains http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/editorial...
NoMas

Hammonton, NJ

#103 Jul 24, 2011
Since when is saying illegal alien an offensive term. The application for applying to become a citizen if you are working in the U.S. is I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker. Everyone applying for citizenship, asylum or refugee status are issued an "ALIEN" Registration Number" or simply for those who want to be politically incorrect the A-Number. Alien means you're not from this country. Illegal means you are here illegally so therefore an alien that is here illegally is an illegal alien. An undocumented worker to me means a worker who doesn't have a piece of paper to show who they are. Many Illegal aliens have birth certificates and proof of being a parent or guardian...that's a documentation. They show these to register their kids in our schools. If people are offended by the term illegal aliens then there should be no offense to calling them unlawful border crossers or visa overstayers if you wan't to be more specific of their criminal offense.
Forest Gump

Acworth, GA

#104 Aug 17, 2011
In the meantime some of us are learning spanish as fast as we can being that many employers now have a bilingual status as a prerequisite for getting a job.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#105 Oct 22, 2011
Forest Gump wrote:
In the meantime some of us are learning spanish as fast as we can being that many employers now have a bilingual status as a prerequisite for getting a job.
that is a very sad thing you mentioned that is going on in our own country!

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#107 May 7, 2012
Forest Gump wrote:
In the meantime some of us are learning spanish as fast as we can being that many employers now have a bilingual status as a prerequisite for getting a job.
They will back down off of this when a national E-Verify law rolls out and they get fined $10,000.00 a illegal head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What does 'diversity' mean to you? The answer m... (Aug '14) Jul 23 North Mountain 23
News Egypt state news agency says Mubarak is "clinic... (Jun '12) Jun 29 Zionist appeasers 18
News Talc linked to ovarian cancer risk in African-A... Jun 29 Dinie 15
News In the fight against sexual assault, this schoo... Jun '16 Paddling has its ... 4
News Police Standoff at Lake Monticello Ends, Suspec... (Feb '13) Jun '16 Sick of Taxes 80
News Wall Street supports Bush, Clinton for sake of ... (Oct '15) Jun '16 Happy Old Geezer 10
News UVA Illegal Immigrant Group Demands 'Xenophobes... Mar '16 HOLLA ISABELLA 3
More from around the web