68% Oppose Boycotts of Arizona Over New Immigration Law

May 22, 2010 | Posted by: Tarantulas | Full story: www.rasmussenreports.com

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that only 14% of Adults think ita s a good idea for cities or states to join that boycott.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that only 14% of Adults think itís a good idea for cities or states to join that boycott. Ten percent (10%) donít care one way or the other, and nine percent (9%) more are undecided.

Forty percent (40%), in fact, say they would avoid doing business with any city or state that boycotts Arizona. Forty-three percent (43%) disagree and would continue to do business with boycotting cities or states. Seventeen percent (17%) arenít sure.

Fifty-five percent (55%) of voters nationwide favor passage of a law like Arizonaís in their own state. When asked specifically about the chief provision of the Arizona law, support is even higher. Sixty-nine percent (69%) of voters believe a police officer should be required to check the immigration status of anyone stopped for a traffic violation or violation of some other law if he suspects the person might be an illegal immigrant.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of92
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Judged:

it's news.
But it's not a surprise.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Judged:

I thought the boycott drama was over.
Beach828

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Judged:

I just came back from vacationing in Arizona, the Grand Canyon has never looked so beautiful. I dropped a couple of thousand dollars in the Arizona economy and I have several friends getting ready to head out west to do the same, screw boycotts of Arizona. The law is the same law as ever, it is just now being enforced.
Tom B

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Judged:

The support for AZ in this issues is astounding! What is even more amazing is that the media doesnt seem to cover it-all that much. OH-they cover the poor illegals-call people against illegals racist names etc...

But in the end the people are speaking out and it is great! Better late than never. This problem has been ignored by the govt thru many presidents! Rep, dem alike-have passed legislation to allow illegals to rome freely and sack our services and resources.
Beach828

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Judged:

You are right - and the public sits by with our finger up our ass doing nothing - while politicians on both sides have sold us down the river.

Since: Apr 09

small town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

Judged:

THANK YOU ARIZONA!! BUYCOTT ARIZONA... I am going to wait till the Law goes into affect.
cretin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

F these Illegal Aliens! This is a long time coming and a insult to all that came here legal. I wish the Government would grow some balls, and deport them all. Along with there children even if they were born here. It would lower our taxes, free up jobs, gass & food prices would drop, the list goes on and on. THANK YOU ARIZONA, for having the balls to do whatís right for us Americans!
Its An Obamanation

Athens, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

Javier Solis wrote:
When you look at the picture of the Americana Guera Gal with the title "Arizona: Doing the job the feds wont do," just remember that our huelga Boycott against the Arizona will do just like in that picture yes. We be fisting it the Arizona economia up their nazi culo without any vaselina cabrones and we will ram it up real good and hard until it hurts and shove it to you until you will scream like bitches asking for disculpa pendejos. No more of our dinero and pesos for you inutiles babosos baboons and buffoons. You will reap it what you sow it. Make it no mistake ese. You will rue the day that you messed with the people homes and the constitucion. We no care if the bill of rights was written for us Mexicanos or not; we use it now like it was meant for us. We no care if you no like us here. we be your equals now vatos.
Who cares what you think? AND with the money AZ saves by kicking you out, and the money they bring in via the BUYCOTT Az campaign, I think they'll be doing just fine. AND to show you I'm not completely heartless I learned to say goodbye in Spanish. ADIOS.
cretin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

Does anyone know where I can find a list of communities where officials have voted to boycott Arizona? Officials names, and companies that are supporting the AZ Boycott? So I know what communities to not vacation at, Officials not to vote for, and companies that I can boycott myself?
caasduit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

cretin wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a list of communities where officials have voted to boycott Arizona? Officials names, and companies that are supporting the AZ Boycott? So I know what communities to not vacation at, Officials not to vote for, and companies that I can boycott myself?
Try www.alipac.us
caasduit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Thursday june 24th 12 noon to 2

As you all probably know by now, Sacramento passed a resolution to boycott all AZ business associations until SB1070 is repealed. Tomorrow there will be a rally to recall the city council in front of City Hall. I am attaching the web site address so you can read about it further. According to the radio show this morning on 1380, the City denied the permit to hold the rally and Paul Smith, who is running for Congress, who is putting on the rally had to get a Federal injunction against the City for denying his right to free speech, since they have already allowed 3 anti-AZ rallies.

Here is the website for news on the rally:
http://newsblaze.com/story/20100621161550zzzz...

Hope you can make it - it is at 12 noon as noted on the website.
Martin

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2010

Judged:

Javier Solis wrote:
When you look at the picture of the Americana Guera Gal with the title "Arizona: Doing the job the feds wont do," just remember that our huelga Boycott against the Arizona will do just like in that picture yes. We be fisting it the Arizona economia up their nazi culo without any vaselina cabrones and we will ram it up real good and hard until it hurts and shove it to you until you will scream like bitches asking for disculpa pendejos. No more of our dinero and pesos for you inutiles babosos baboons and buffoons. You will reap it what you sow it. Make it no mistake ese. You will rue the day that you messed with the people homes and the constitucion. We no care if the bill of rights was written for us Mexicanos or not; we use it now like it was meant for us. We no care if you no like us here. we be your equals now vatos.
Obama agrees with you. He shares your mantra that America is an awful Country which must be destroyed.
Johnnywalker

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

Judged:

SO WHY DID I HEAR 95% OF the american people are against illegal aliens being in the country. and so why do only 65% want the arizona law past. someone is lieing thats why. if all the states want to pass similar laws and even better laws, then who is lieing. Well now I would have to say LA city council the mayor and B.O. People who are against the arizona law should be looked at twise. Are these people who side with terrorists, are these people who except millions of dollars from the drug cartel, who by the way are now working in the United States. So why are certain people against the law, when the rest of the majority of americans are for it. Is there a reason why cardnal mahony enjoys touching little boys and girls on there privates? answer me that.
Ronnie Sanchez

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

Judged:

Many feel that Californians are simply so ashamed of NOT standing up for America and American citizen families in the face of the Illegal Alien infestation that we are just too far gone to be worthy of any decent citizens admiration.

it is only natural that Proud American citizens consider the Calif. Bullys, and Boycotters nothing but unprincipled, ungrateful Trash.
Johnnywalker

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

Judged:

Ronnie Sanchez wrote:
Many feel that Californians are simply so ashamed of NOT standing up for America and American citizen families in the face of the Illegal Alien infestation that we are just too far gone to be worthy of any decent citizens admiration.
it is only natural that Proud American citizens consider the Calif. Bullys, and Boycotters nothing but unprincipled, ungrateful Trash.
Hay you know your right. just like the people in mexico who are to coward to stand up to there own government. so they run away to another country and corrupt it until laws have to be passed to get rid of them. NO AMERICAN should lose there job to an illegal alien. But we did, and now the countrys broke. But as you can see were doing something about it. It doesnt take much for 380 million americans to push back. As you can see all the states want arizonas law. And even tougher laws .

“quotelawrence needs Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Sacramento to San Jose

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

that means as a democracy all
Americans should muster around the voice, 68% is very high are the Courts now going to say that the U.S. Constitution says that Mexicans have a right to enter the nation illegally and so they are exempt I am ready for the stupidity of the U.S. Supreme Court reflecting some ideotic reasoning that this law which is a mirror of the I.N.S. law, is not Constitutional the American people are the voice of the Court We the People run this place not the Court or the President or any other single entity in America it is the whole if 68% say out Mexicans have to leave.
Ronnie Sanchez

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

July 1st will be yet another "Day that will go down in infamy"!

Tomorrow morning @ 7:30 am The obama will announce his decision to reward the illegal alien invaders with citizenship.

Stay tuned. Mexican President Calderon may declare it a National Holiday in Mexico.......OBAMA DAY.......the day Mexico WON the War of 1848!
Beach828

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Judged:

Americans have spoken we want the filthy leeches gone, the best way to remove the trash is to punish those who offer jobs to illegals. Shutdown the gravy train of free items - no more medical benefits, food stamps, no more of anything. The filthy bastards will leave on their own, bye bye maggot illegals.
Mary Martinez

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Judged:

Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro and El Presidente Calderon praise The Obama for redefining America and redirecting America to a hopeless, Third World style future.

viva obama
viva democrats
VIVA MEXICO!!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Judged:

Mary Martinez wrote:
Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro and El Presidente Calderon praise The Obama for redefining America and redirecting America to a hopeless, Third World style future.
viva obama
viva democrats
VIVA MEXICO!!!
Third World, Indeed!
Just like Mexico, Cuba and that slum where Chavez dictates.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of92
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent University of Virginia Discussions

Search the University of Virginia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Truancy Trumps Tolerance: Religious Right Tells... Apr 9 TomInElPaso 28
Another nod to Davis' polling strength Feb '14 chris elliott 1
#2 - UPDATE: Police Have Video Of Shootings Feb '14 CultureofViolence 1
Single-sex education does little to raise achie... Feb '14 humanSpirit 1
'SNL' hires Sasheer Zamata, first black female ... Jan '14 Jumper The Wise 78
Carneal hearing opens (Mar '11) Jan '14 3Wheeler 160
Democratic insider McAuliffe to take office as ... Jan '14 Gary 4
•••
•••