Halfaday in Court for Probation Viola...

Halfaday in Court for Probation Violation Trial

There are 30 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 3, 2013, titled Halfaday in Court for Probation Violation Trial. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

At a hearing last month, Halfaday said he did not commit a probation violation, but oddly enough told the judge he would plead guilty to put the issue past him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dan

South Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 5, 2013
It's nice to hear that people like Halfaday and Dumler are, "willing to plead guilty" just to put their problems past them. Though, of course, they didn't actually do anything wrong.
Watching politics

Verona, VA

#2 Feb 5, 2013
This is a very interesting story line. Several years ago, a man named Meeks was charged with similar offense of election fraud for basically the same reasons and nothing was done. Then a few years later, a man named Craig did the same thing and even admitted in the news that he lived outside of the area where he was runnning for office. The Commonwealth Attorney and the state election Officials would not even pursue charges for that one. So, what did this man do differently or what political group wanted him cherged with the election fraud. And, why was he not treated like the others and just ignored.

“Keeping life realistic”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3 Feb 5, 2013
One would have thought the restraining order would have kept him from contacting his ex-boyfriend..apparently not. Where can this train wreck be shipped?
Dope xs three

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 5, 2013
Please get this weirdo/wannabe off of the news. Who cares?
Wasting Taxpayer Money

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 5, 2013
Why don't we railroad this Guy out of town, He is obviously not worth all the problems he is causing.
Wasting Taxpayer Money

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Feb 5, 2013
After court today instead of taking him back to the complex can someone please give him a ride up to D.C. and maybe he can pursue his political career up there and save us some money.
Observer

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Watching politics wrote:
This is a very interesting story line. Several years ago, a man named Meeks was charged with similar offense of election fraud for basically the same reasons and nothing was done. Then a few years later, a man named Craig did the same thing and even admitted in the news that he lived outside of the area where he was runnning for office. The Commonwealth Attorney and the state election Officials would not even pursue charges for that one. So, what did this man do differently or what political group wanted him cherged with the election fraud. And, why was he not treated like the others and just ignored.
Are you trying to say that he was discriminated against because of his sexual orientation?
Get Them Out of Cville

Richmond, VA

#8 Feb 5, 2013
Dope xs three wrote:
Please get this weirdo/wannabe off of the news. Who cares?
I agree this isn't NEWS. They should put make Halfaday and Dumler serve their sentences straight through (not on weekends) in the same cell -- and once they've served ship their a---s north to DC (thought that was a great suggestion) and ban them from living in the Charlottesville/Albemarle area or surrounding counties ever again. Don't you think they'd make a lovely couple!!?!?!?!?!
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Feb 5, 2013
Halfaday...Neff...Dumler...

Lying...drunk driving...sexual battery..

Fear the REPUBLICANS!
hitem

South Boston, VA

#10 Feb 5, 2013
I bet he reimerge some other state starting all over in politics
not a libtard

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Feb 5, 2013
Amanda wrote:
Fear the REPUBLICANS!
sorry stupid wrong party!!
i see

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Feb 5, 2013
I tell you, the boy looks like Carl from Sling Blade.
GML resident

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Feb 5, 2013
This guy's a freakin' nut job
Ave

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Feb 5, 2013
not a libtard wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry stupid wrong party!!
Think you missed the sarcasm intended.
rocktown

Harrisonburg, VA

#15 Feb 5, 2013
The People's Republic finally has it's first political prisoner!
Triple Tint Jademobile

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Feb 5, 2013
He might have been an improvement for the city council.................
Liberalace

Collinsville, VA

#18 Feb 5, 2013
Want to hear some cool trivia? On Halfaday's website ( halfadaystrong.com ) when he was running for office, there is a guest book entry saying: "Hey cousin. This is your cousin Louis from Michigan. I admire you, etc., etc...." It is signed Louis J. Halfaday, Jr., Michigan. Try Googling that one: you will find that Louis is a registered sex offender in the state of Michigan, and it is not for such a minor offense!

This guy is the gift that keeps on giving!

R.I.P.: Joseph "The Shoemaker" Kallinger
hitem

South Boston, VA

#19 Feb 5, 2013
if jabba the hut had a kid it would look like halfaday
Anon

Palmyra, VA

#20 Feb 5, 2013
Amanda wrote:
Fear the REPUBLICANS!
Please do not interject useless, uneducated, and unsupported rhetoric into this.

Disregarding the fact that there is no reasonable correlation between being a Republican and being arrested for - or committing - a crime, all three people whom you mentioned are of the Democratic Party.

Also, you failed to mention why we should fear the Republicans. Your reader is oftentimes not psychic, therefore the burden should not fall to the reader to simply know what message you are attempting to convey.

Should you ever feel compelled to leave an inflammatory comment on an article or story such as this, here are some tips:
(i) Research the topic at hand. It only took me about 90 seconds to ascertain that all of the people you mentioned are Democrats.
(ii) Take an English class! I'm not at all saying that your grammar is out of sorts; however, a beginner or refresher English course is a good way to help one form a clear and persuasive argument.
Fools Gold

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Feb 5, 2013
He needs to be dispatched with a drone strike.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Funeral for US college student who died after N... 20 hr U cant fix stupid 2
News Day at the beach puts Christie in the middle of... Jul 4 Tom 3
News John McCain: Otto Warmbier 'murdered by the Kim... Jun 29 C Kersey 86
News American student who died after release from No... Jun '17 Carl Bailey 1
News Otto Warmbier dead shortly after release from N... Jun '17 filko 3
News To North Korea and back: Otto Warmbier's strang... Jun '17 Christsharian Dee... 1
News Buckingham County woman shot in back of head (Apr '11) Apr '17 MEE 2
More from around the web