Emmet Street Temporarily Closed

Emmet Street Temporarily Closed

There are 2 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jun 16, 2013, titled Emmet Street Temporarily Closed. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The closure is part of ongoing work for the McCormick Road Bridge project. VDOT says the latest phase of the project includes installing the bridge's beams.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

huck

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jun 18, 2013
"Emmet Street will be closed from 9 p.m. Monday to 6 a.m. Tuesday"

Emmet's a pretty long street.
Skeptical

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jun 18, 2013
huck wrote:
"Emmet Street will be closed from 9 p.m. Monday to 6 a.m. Tuesday"
Emmet's a pretty long street.
I'm sure it was an honest oversight, but you need to read the statement in the context of the whole report. Here's where you find the closure location:

"Route 29 Business (Emmet Street) will remain closed at McCormick Road in the city of Charlottesville until approximately 7 a.m. while the crane used to set beams for the new bridge deck is disassembled and removed. The road was to have reopened at 6 a.m."

I hope this is helpful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buckingham County woman shot in back of head (Apr '11) Apr '17 MEE 2
News Ohio parents beg Trump for help in securing son... Apr '17 Do The Crime Do T... 2
News MRCTV's Brittany Hughes Slams Network Blackout ... Mar '17 spytheweb 1
News Networks Censor Alleged Rape by Illegal Immigra... Mar '17 tomin cali 1
News Who is Jerry Falwell Jr. and why is he reformin... Mar '17 South Knox Hombre 3
italians are fake Nov '16 anonymous 5
News No holiday for political talk, social media pos... Nov '16 FaithlessElectors... 2
More from around the web