2 UVA Students Create Anti-Drunk-Dialing App

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

A pair of University of Virginia students is trying to put a stop to some of your embarrassing, not-so-sober moments.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Apr 19, 2013
JFW

Sterling, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Way to go Justin and Joshua. You are to talented guys. Wahoo!
JFW

Sterling, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Can the two of you develop an app that automatically stops your post when there is a typo?:) Again, awesome job!
Thor

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

The law is useless, I called them tonight and they were really helpfull......NOT!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Drink too much without consequences.
What's not to like?
Somebody Had to Say IT

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

huck wrote:
Drink too much without consequences.
What's not to like?
Yeah - here's a better idea, it's called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY! That's what keeps me from getting drunk and doing stupid things. It's not someone else's responsibility to do that.....it's mine.
ok why not this

Lynchburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

now can there be an app that keeps you from texting and driving and drinkin and driving??
I knew it

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

This is pretty good considering most people cannot remember phone numbers these days and they simply go to that person in their contact list. Even if they wanted to drunk dial someone, they probably won't even know their number! Great app
craniochris

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Think it could be a better idea to have a contact person to discourage you from getting drunk?
sez you

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Heaven forbid we should not learn from our mistakes, especially in our youth. Texting is such a poor method of communication to begin with.
Hope

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Seriously?! How about just not getting drunk in the first place? How about being RESPONSIBLE for your actions? WHY is this news? And WHY is this being celebrated as some sort of achievement? This makes UVA look like a school of drunkards.
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Really? They might have started with an app that doesn't let you drink until you're of legal age!

Then a 2nd app that gives you a kick in the *ss when you've reached your limit. Then you wouldn't have to worry about consequences.

A truly intelligent person, however, would understand "personal responsibility."
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Can someone create an app that lets us know when the next "UVA Student Creates an App!" NBC29-sponsored infomercial is about to air?
sez you

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Hope wrote:
Seriously?! How about just not getting drunk in the first place? How about being RESPONSIBLE for your actions? WHY is this news? And WHY is this being celebrated as some sort of achievement? This makes UVA look like a school of drunkards.
It has that reputation because it is. I mean please, who would want to go through life sober knowing you'll end up with a sheepskin from UVA. OH pshaw.
Rob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

You think that's cool you should check out DrunkLock. It will prevents you from sending calls or text messages while you are drunk until you answer a series of basic math questions. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details...
huck

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Rob wrote:
You think that's cool you should check out DrunkLock. It will prevents you from sending calls or text messages while you are drunk until you answer a series of basic math questions. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details...
sounds almost as fun as getting drunk

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••