Obama to Visit VA in Push to Avoid Sequestration

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

President Obama is coming to the commonwealth next week to urge Virginians to push Congress to make a deal to avoid sequestration.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 29 of29
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TEX

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Obama is now stripplng neded funds from medicare to fund his stumbling health care farce there seems no end to the Damage he is doing to everytyhing he touches Will we ever recover this calculated destruction of any and everything he picks to meddle with ???
hitem

Rustburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Obama is pushing all right, probably headed to prison
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

You know what cracks me up? Listening to people on the street rake Obama over the coals one minute and pull out their free phones and food stamps the next. Even better, I know more than one couple that vote republican and hate liberal values while at the same time getting SSDI. As for sequestration? can't happen, too many politicians and their cronies stand to loose too much money for it to happen.
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

cvillemom wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha! That is so funny, you really crack me up!
Just a few days ago, Obama told the Republicans they needed to compromise - by accepting the Democrats' plan. Excuse me, but that is not "compromise". That is "you do it my way and we'll pretend we met each other half way." The Republicans already compromised when the fiscal cliff was averted. It is time for Obama and his cronies to take responsibility for the sequester that OBAMA invented, marketed, and signed.
And remember, Obama is the man who proudly announced that the GOP could come along for the ride, but they would have to sit in the back. So please stop trying to tell us how Obama wants a compromise. You look silly.
The one looking silly is you. The republicans agreed to the sequestrian cuts if they didn't come to an agreement when they went to the table. It was Boehner who bragged that he got 98% of what he wanted. It was Paul Ryan who has been talking for years of how good a set sequestration should be in place that would automatically kick in. Now the republicans want to cry foul and put it on Obama.

Has Obama did everything he could to compromise? No. But don't sit there and act like republicans have been dying to work with Obama. It was their plan from the night of his inauguration that was put in place by Gingrich to obstruct everything. The GOP continues to move more and more to the right driven by the tea party. There is a reason he won re-election. The GOP is not where the majority of the country wants it to be. I would think that the republicans would be happy with the sequestration considering that they want the government to shrink and reduce spending.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>
The one looking silly is you. The republicans agreed to the sequestrian cuts if they didn't come to an agreement when they went to the table. It was Boehner who bragged that he got 98% of what he wanted. It was Paul Ryan who has been talking for years of how good a set sequestration should be in place that would automatically kick in. Now the republicans want to cry foul and put it on Obama.
Has Obama did everything he could to compromise? No. But don't sit there and act like republicans have been dying to work with Obama. It was their plan from the night of his inauguration that was put in place by Gingrich to obstruct everything. The GOP continues to move more and more to the right driven by the tea party. There is a reason he won re-election. The GOP is not where the majority of the country wants it to be. I would think that the republicans would be happy with the sequestration considering that they want the government to shrink and reduce spending.
Rebublicans will cry like babies should sequestration occur. The stand to lose millions in support from their cronies, ain't gonna happen.
Southerner

Crozet, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Rebublicans will cry like babies should sequestration occur. The stand to lose millions in support from their cronies, ain't gonna happen.

If you think it is one party who has created this crap you are one of the fools!
alan

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Edwin wrote:
The saddest part of all - the sequestration was HIS idea!
someone finally got it right!the rest of the public doesent seem to get this!odummy starts this and then campaignes against his own doing and blames repubs?the feds gave over 60 billion to hurricane sandy and now act as if 85 billion will ruin the country?this money could be trimmed by cutting fat from federal gov.but odummy wants any cuts to be on what effects the public?he now complains about the sequester while he runs the debt up by trillions?the sequester is like a drop of water in the ocean compared to what odummy is running the debt up to?
eyeyieeye

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Wow. I came here from Kentucky to give Va a good raking over the coals because of the hurrah's I seen on C-span from Oblahblah's speech to you all in Va. After reading the posts, its clear to me you don't need my raking, you get my HIGH FIVE!
I couldn't believe the crowd that was there. I now understand. Oblahblah busses in his own crowd. I should have known the "Great Pretender" couldn't even be trusted for ANY reason.
CARRY ON VIRGINIA!:)
eyeyieeye

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Oh, and you might enjoy this site as much as I do.:)

http://obamacartoon.blogspot.com/2013/02/welc...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 29 of29
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••