Local firms win big from wars

Local firms win big from wars

There are 1 comment on the The Hook story from Sep 7, 2011, titled Local firms win big from wars. In it, The Hook reports that:

The general who led the Allies at D-Day used his farewell speech as a two-term president to decry "the military-industrial complex." If I told you I would support women's rights as long as I didn't have to oppose rape, you'd think I needed lessons in both logic and basic human decency.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Hook.

Captain Obvious

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Sep 7, 2011
Fine, Swanson.

You obviously have no clue about the mission of the National Guard, or that the intelligence agencies in Cville are also quite active during times of peace. By your logic, we'd wait till the barbarians were at the gate to prepare or know what they were doing.

Tell ya what, let's shut down all the intelligence agencies, and shut down the military. Then, let the barbarians in to take your stuff, rape your woman (if you have anyone that would love such a reprehensible loon as yourself), kill people you care about and see what kind of peacenik you are then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Talc linked to ovarian cancer risk in African-A... 4 hr Spotted Girl 12
News In the fight against sexual assault, this schoo... Sat Paddling has its ... 4
News Police Standoff at Lake Monticello Ends, Suspec... (Feb '13) Jun 8 Sick of Taxes 80
News Wall Street supports Bush, Clinton for sake of ... (Oct '15) Jun 3 Happy Old Geezer 10
News UVA Illegal Immigrant Group Demands 'Xenophobes... Mar '16 HOLLA ISABELLA 3
News North Korea sentences US tourist to 15 years in pr Mar '16 Lawrence Wolf 23
News Former student: Antonin Scalia was outed as 'bl... Mar '16 MsFashyPants 10
More from around the web