Huguely Asks Va Court of Appeals for ...

Huguely Asks Va Court of Appeals for New Trial

There are 22 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Aug 14, 2012, titled Huguely Asks Va Court of Appeals for New Trial. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Huguely, a former University of Virginia lacrosse player, was convicted of second-degree murder in May 2012 for the beating death of his ex-girlfriend, UVA lacrosse player Yeardley Love.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Disillusioned

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jan 22, 2013
Denied the right to his chosen lawyer? You mean Mommy & Daddy didn't hire the one you wanted? Or are you throwing a temper tantrum because the high-priced lawyer didn't do a "good enough job" on your behalf? Have you no remorse? If you did, you would take your punishment like a man.

Cry me a river, Georgie.
goldmember

Ventura, CA

#2 Jan 22, 2013
auhh how about noooooooooooooooo
sirhansirhan

Fairfax, VA

#3 Jan 22, 2013
I notice he isn't appealing thre fact that he killed this poor girl because she shagged his nemeis at another college and admitted it to all his friends.

He is a loser. he couldn't take care of business and now the whole world knows it.

His family is simply trying to buy a second chance. Thats good, that is the natural redistribution of wealth, from his families pockets to the lawyers to the lawyers pool boys and valets.

Hopefully he will lose and his family will suffer for their horrific failure to raise him properly instead of spoiling him rotten.
Hoos Hoo

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jan 22, 2013
Is he okay with the death penalty being on the table this time around?
Stephen

Crozet, VA

#5 Jan 22, 2013
So, this parent beleives in our legal system, if so, then why are they wasting money to have another trial? Yes, this person is her son, but he did take the life of another mothers child, if the appeal works, may justice be done to this individual again.
Fluco

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jan 22, 2013
The Hugely family must love throwing money away. Clement is an excellent attorney (he is the lead attorney for the House Republicans in their Supreme Court fight to against gay marriage). According to a Washington Post profile, his fees start at $3,000 per hour. He has charged the Boehner et al nearly $3 million so far.
O J Simpson

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jan 22, 2013
Hey judge can I have my glove back?

Good luck George.

Just make sure your cherry picked jury is full of simpletons like mine was.
Damn Shame

Herndon, VA

#8 Jan 22, 2013
This monster will burn in hell for all eternity. If this man walks, I hope he never lives a day without fear.
Crozet Resident

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jan 22, 2013
You killed your girlfriend!!!!!Need we say more!! Weather it was in a rage because you were drunk or mad it does NOT matter, you still did it. You need to except it and take your punishment!!! She is gone and cannot tell her side of the story. He needs to pay for what he has done. Weather he was in his right frame of mind or NOT!!!!!
Damn Shame

Herndon, VA

#10 Jan 22, 2013
Crozet Resident wrote:
You killed your girlfriend!!!!!Need we say more!! Weather it was in a rage because you were drunk or mad it does NOT matter, you still did it. You need to except it and take your punishment!!! She is gone and cannot tell her side of the story. He needs to pay for what he has done. Weather he was in his right frame of mind or NOT!!!!!
Whether*

accept*

You Unintelligent Human.
MtnBikersAndHike rs

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jan 22, 2013
Dear George,

No.

Thank You,
The Citizens of Va
fish 100

North Garden, VA

#12 Jan 23, 2013
Did love have a APPEAL??????????
ya think

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jan 23, 2013
Damn Shame wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether*
accept*
You Unintelligent Human.
Thank you, grammar police. I think you knew what they were trying to say, so is it really necessary to be insulting?
wow

Moneta, VA

#14 Jan 23, 2013
fish 100 wrote:
Did love have a APPEAL??????????
Do you mean, "Did Love have an appeal?"
wow

Moneta, VA

#15 Jan 23, 2013
Crozet Resident wrote:
Weather?- seriously, weather?? I think you mean "whether" - This is a legitimate question: Did you graduate from high school? It's shocking how dumb that is. Weather or Whether? An 8 year old child would know the difference. People wonder why there is a growing gap between the rich and poor in this country. If you aren't educated enough to understand the basic fundementals of the English language(i.e. the difference between "weather" and "whether"), how on earth do you expect to get a job that would warrant enough pay to support a family?
wow

Moneta, VA

#16 Jan 23, 2013
Crozet Resident wrote:
Again, my god. Except? Really? A C C E P T. Congratulations, America. Look at what you have become. How do you even know how to use a computer? Do you stare at the keyboard for hours typing letter by letter? I bet determining the proper usage for Effect/Affect is like string theory for your brain.
ya think

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jan 23, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, my god. Except? Really? A C C E P T. Congratulations, America. Look at what you have become. How do you even know how to use a computer? Do you stare at the keyboard for hours typing letter by letter? I bet determining the proper usage for Effect/Affect is like string theory for your brain.
Spelling is probably a challenge for this person...(like civility must be for you).
walla

Staunton, VA

#18 Jan 23, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Weather?- seriously, weather?? I think you mean "whether" - This is a legitimate question: Did you graduate from high school? It's shocking how dumb that is. Weather or Whether? An 8 year old child would know the difference. People wonder why there is a growing gap between the rich and poor in this country. If you aren't educated enough to understand the basic fundementals of the English language(i.e. the difference between "weather" and "whether"), how on earth do you expect to get a job that would warrant enough pay to support a family?
Before you go throwing those stones - it's "fundamentals" witn an "A," not "fundEmentals" with an "E." Seriously, who doesn't know how to spell "fundamental?" Hypocrite....
wow

Moneta, VA

#19 Jan 23, 2013
walla wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you go throwing those stones - it's "fundamentals" witn an "A," not "fundEmentals" with an "E." Seriously, who doesn't know how to spell "fundamental?" Hypocrite....
Excellent, that was great. I laughed at myself.
Native

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Jan 23, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your sentiment but really it is no longer necessary to acquire skills as they don't need to work....they elect democrats and all is provided!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ESPN boss blames Lee flap on 'someone with a pe... Sep 14 C Kersey 1
News 'Allahu akbar' testimony will be allowed in trial Sep 12 Electra41 1
News The Latest: White nationalist: Ia m not an angr... Sep 1 Musket 78
News Charlottesville, DOJ to host a community recove... Sep 1 Defeat Elizabeth ... 23
News Chicago pastor: It's time to take George Washin... Sep 1 Defeat Elizabeth ... 11
News Neo-Nazis Aug 30 UWARRACEMAKEWORLD... 11
News NC couple charged, wanted in Nelson County shoo... Aug 24 eye opener 1
More from around the web