Strategic Planning Forum to Discuss Faculty Retention at UVA

The first of several strategic planning forums takes place Monday at the University of Virginia. Full Story
huh

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jan 14, 2013
Want to save money? Let all the high paid staff go and hire new, "out of the box" thinkers.
james brown

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jan 14, 2013
Try giving a raise every once in a while, instead of every 7 years!
joggers

Brookneal, VA

#3 Jan 14, 2013
the university needs to clean house...too many tenured profs who do not teach a class at all...have little or no contact with the students...overpaid, underworked and just putting in time living the good life on the taxpayers dime....
G Luv

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jan 14, 2013
joggers wrote:
the university needs to clean house...too many tenured profs who do not teach a class at all...have little or no contact with the students...overpaid, underworked and just putting in time living the good life on the taxpayers dime....
I'm trying to think of a tenured professor who teaches no classes and I'm drawing a blank.

I do know some who are bringing in millions of dollars in research money, but they're still teaching at least some.

Little help?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank God for Female Bishops 13 hr RevKen 15
US Marine charged in Filipino transgender slaying Fri joe 7
Rape victims shouldn't report their assaults to... Dec 17 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
No Due Process For College Men Dec 17 cant trust many 1
Rare northern white rhino dies in US zoo Dec 15 Pablo 1
ISIS militants 'trying to sell body of beheaded... Dec 12 USA Today 1
Rolling Stone's 'bad journalism' in U.Va. rape ... Dec 11 Grubered out 6
More from around the web