Albemarle Neighborhoods Gather for Town Hall Meeting

Albemarle County's Citizen Advisory Councils are tasked with representing their neighborhoods. Read more
Mason

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jan 14, 2013
I agree that N29 needs pedestrian crossing especially around the new Hollymead Town Center. Bike lanes would complete a great neighborhood feeling.
Well

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jan 15, 2013
It doesn't sound like the county and it's citizens wanted to talk about the same thing based on this short piece. People wanted to discuss what they experience and the talking heads wanted to talk about how they were spending taxpayer money.
Sure

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jan 15, 2013
Mason wrote:
I agree that N29 needs pedestrian crossing especially around the new Hollymead Town Center. Bike lanes would complete a great neighborhood feeling.
Have you lost your MIND? Pedestrian crossings to traverse 7 lanes of traffic on a major truck/thoughfare route?
Liberalace

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jan 15, 2013
Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you lost your MIND? Pedestrian crossings to traverse 7 lanes of traffic on a major truck/thoughfare route?
Bike lanes would work well too. Albie needs to start competing with the City on biking fatalities.

R.I.P.: Busty Russell
Rex

Alexandria, VA

#5 Jan 15, 2013
Mason wrote:
Do you mean flashing pedestrian crossing lights every few feet? Make sure you stop at every one whether flashing or not!
Stan

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jan 15, 2013
Mason wrote:
Bike lanes on a major traffic corridor??? You have lost your mind. That's what the trails in Hollymead and Forest Lakes are for.
Judy

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jan 15, 2013
Mason wrote:
Who would even want to ride their bike on 29 north, especially where you are suggesting? Unbelievable!
sez you

Richmond, VA

#8 Jan 15, 2013
yak yak yak and nothing happens, bike lanes and pedestrian crossings? whos on these so called councils anyway? if they want to waste time just tell them, We want you to waste our time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Staunton Councilman to Host Forum on Racial Pro... (Jul '13) 5 hr The Rogue 17
News Va. governor orders retraining for ABC police Mar 25 civilliberty 1
News Police: No evidence of gang-rape at University ... Mar 25 fedupwiththemess 3
News UVA Student Arrest Sparks Anger, Controversy Mar 22 Sneaky Pete 7
News Valley NAACP President Reacts to Arrest of UVa ... Mar 21 casey 2
News U.Va. arrest raises questions about agency's po... Mar 20 buckeru bonzi 1
News Virginia gov. calls for investigation into stud... Mar 20 Cracker Boi 3
More from around the web