Crunch may put price tag on environment

Crunch may put price tag on environment

There are 2 comments on the Scientific American story from Oct 22, 2008, titled Crunch may put price tag on environment. In it, Scientific American reports that:

Crunch may put price tag on environment A farmer walks on a dried-up pond on the outskirts of Baokang, central China's Hubei province, in this June 10, 2007 file photo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scientific American.

LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#1 Oct 23, 2008
I cannot say that China is likely to act boldly on pollution. While a totalitarian state and thus able to order things done by edict, pollution doesn't have priority over economy.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#2 Oct 23, 2008
The first problem is where are they going to get the money and the second is inflation devauling that same money. Not to mention a third problem of people cheating the system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Vermont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News OneCare launching care coordination software in... Fri Dr Pendyke 2
News Why Taking A Yoga Teacher Training May Be One O... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Sally 1
News Produce Trashed Students tossing veggies mandat... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Community thrilled Alcoa keeping smelter open, ... (Nov '15) Dec '15 sick of complaining 6
News The Fourteenth State: Vermont's eugenics experi... (Aug '15) Aug '15 harp 1
News Nation's capital is sinking into the ocean (Jul '15) Aug '15 Mr_SKY 66
News Cold, callous and untreatable? Not all psychopa... (Apr '15) Apr '15 HumanSpirit 1
More from around the web