Gender identity conference planned at UVM
The University of Vermont will be hosting the sixth annual Translating Identity Conference at the Davis Center.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.burlingtonfreepress.com.
#1 Mar 10, 2009
"Hi guys! This Conference sounds to be great! They have very interesting panels on identity and a featured panel on Barak Obama and you can also make a real African Safari...."
The Institute of Identity Research (IDmap) announces an international conference
on Identity Politics on the Internet to be held in Kenya on the 27th to 29th of
August 2009. The aim of the Conference is to create discourse in the area of
Identity politics on the Internet and other related topics.
The Conference will be graced by several leading scholars who have written and
researched extensively on issues of Identity. We hope that this conference will
result in solutions and better understanding of the problems facing issues of
identity in the contemporary context.
AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
IDENTITY POLITICS ON THE INTERNET
August 27-29, 2009
Organized by Institute of Identity Research (IDmap)
Will be held in Amboseli Wildlife National Park, Kenya
Featured panel: Barack Obama' Election and Kenyan politics of Identity:
Will he identify himself with the World or with his People?
• The Dead line for submission of the Abstracts is 01.05.2009 (200-500 words)
in Word or PDF formats
• The Dead line for submission of full-text papers is 01.07.2009
Preliminary program of the Conference includes the following panels:
• Kenyan 2007 Presidential elections and the Internet
• Traditions and Identity in Kenyan politics: Barak Obama as a Luo
representative of Kenyan identity politics
• Facebook and Identity: do old ethnicity definitions still matter?
• World Identity politics: Case-studies and Comparative Analysis
• Parties and recruitment in the digital world
• Gender, ethnicity and empowerment: what is better to be a white man or a
• When religion comes to the Internet: the new ways to build and reinforce
• Government on the Internet: new ways to preserve Nation-state and its
identity on the Net
• New English and E-Linguistic: jargon and vocabulary of Internet campaigns
Participants are welcomed to join the following working groups:
• Computers and identity
• Culture and identity
• Mathematical expressions of identity
• Internet and Politics
• Internet Vocabulary
Best Identity MA/PhD Thesis work award:
During the conference the Institute will award the best MA/PhD work submitted
for the evaluation. The work should reveal an original and innovative approach
in the field of Identity with its expression on the Internet. Information
regarding submission procedure can be found on our site or through direct
contact of the Administrators.
Add your comments below
|Vermont city considers making mural more inclus...||Jan '18||read noble koran ...||6|
|Alice Hyde President Doug DiVello resigns (May '17)||Nov '17||Catman||19|
|Republicans look to scrap Michelle Obama school... (Feb '17)||Feb '17||Texxy the Selfie Cat||1|
|Why Taking A Yoga Teacher Training May Be One O... (Dec '15)||Oct '16||Eddy Donald||2|
|OneCare launching care coordination software in... (Jun '16)||Jun '16||Dr Pendyke||2|
|Produce Trashed Students tossing veggies mandat... (Dec '15)||Dec '15||Ritual Habitual||1|
|Community thrilled Alcoa keeping smelter open, ... (Nov '15)||Dec '15||sick of complaining||6|
Find what you want!
Search University of Vermont Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC