Fair trade coffee to be debated in Bu...

Fair trade coffee to be debated in Burlington today

There are 1 comment on the BurlingtonFreePress.com story from Oct 20, 2011, titled Fair trade coffee to be debated in Burlington today. In it, BurlingtonFreePress.com reports that:

The pros and cons of 'fair trade coffee' will be explored in a debate scheduled for 4 p.m. today in the University of Vermont's Ira Allen Chapel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BurlingtonFreePress.com.

Dean White

Wardsboro, VT

#1 Oct 21, 2011
There are plenty of places here in vermont that need so called "Fair tradee" Prices paid for products. Charity begins at home folks, lets see you do something for your state, and it's people. The new Building,with its new jobs, would have been greatly appreciated in the North-East Kingdom. But,I see it's going to be in the greater Burlington area, like everything else in Vt. When you folks bought the Keurig brewer company, I held out hopes that business would be moved here to an area hat needed some jobs, but I see it stayed in it's original home. "Fair Trade' doesn't mean much to me, when it's only fair for foreign companys and workers. If you want everyone to join the fair trade movement, make it really fair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Vermont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alice Hyde President Doug DiVello resigns May 11 FYI 8
News Republicans look to scrap Michelle Obama school... Feb '17 Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
News Why Taking A Yoga Teacher Training May Be One O... (Dec '15) Oct '16 Eddy Donald 2
News OneCare launching care coordination software in... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Dr Pendyke 2
News Produce Trashed Students tossing veggies mandat... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Community thrilled Alcoa keeping smelter open, ... (Nov '15) Dec '15 sick of complaining 6
News The Fourteenth State: Vermont's eugenics experi... (Aug '15) Aug '15 harp 1
More from around the web