Nation's top Episcopal official speaks at UOP

There are 5 comments on the Jan 29, 2009, www.recordnet.com story titled Nation's top Episcopal official speaks at UOP. In it, www.recordnet.com reports that:

Amid conflicts over property that resulted in the split of the Episcopal Church, the highest elected official of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America spoke Wednesday night about "Leadership in Tough Times" at University of the Pacific.

Bonnie Anderson, president of the House of Deputies, is a 1968 graduate of Pacific. She returned to Stockton after more than 40 years to pass her insight to local leaders of the Episcopal Diocese of San Joaquin.

"Leadership and relationship are two close sisters," Anderson said. "If one is lost, the other will wither away."

The key to leadership, she told fellow Episcopalians, is working toward the same purpose ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.recordnet.com.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jan 29, 2009
"... In December 2007, Bishop John David Schofield of Fresno led a movement to divide most of the diocese's 47 Valley churches - including St. John's in Stockton - that disagreed with the national Episcopal Church's ordainment of gay clergy and consent of women in leadership roles."

Schofield's movement didn't divide the diocese as it was already fractured by the actions of TEC; Schofield's movement was a reaction to those actions, not a cause of it.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#2 Jan 29, 2009
"A couple of weeks ago, the California Supreme Court ruled in favor of the Episcopal Church"

Schofiled has been anti-Episcopal since the first woman's ordination...

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#3 Jan 29, 2009
MiddleWay wrote:
... Schofiled has been anti-Episcopal since the first woman's ordination...
Schofield is a traditionalist, maybe even a misogynist, but not "anti-Episcopal".

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#4 Jan 30, 2009
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Schofield is a traditionalist, maybe even a misogynist, but not "anti-Episcopal".
I lived in Fresno and know this idiot. How about you???

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#5 Jan 30, 2009
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in Fresno and know this idiot. How about you???
No, I didn't live in Fresno and I don't "know this idiot".

But I'm sure we're all interested in what you actually know abt him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of the Pacific Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fix Vallejo endorses Worel, Pucan and Cayangyang (Oct '14) Oct '14 Anon 2
News International students arrive at Pacific to exp... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Riverbank resident 1
News 'Raiders' to play at Empire for Stockton-Con (Jun '13) Jun '13 Cindy Hayes 1
News Karen Nolan: Newspaper wars, casualties (Mar '13) Mar '13 A Thought 1
News Forum to tackle violence, crime issues (Nov '12) Nov '12 mztza 1
News Pacific freshmen pitch in (Aug '12) Aug '12 Riverbank resident 1
News Feeling Optimistic (Aug '12) Aug '12 Riverbank resident 1
More from around the web