Family of student shot dead by campus...

Family of student shot dead by campus cop for speeding mourn their son

There are 16 comments on the Daily Mail story from Dec 8, 2013, titled Family of student shot dead by campus cop for speeding mourn their son. In it, Daily Mail reports that:

'We are devastated': family of student shot dead by campus cop for speeding mourn for their straight-A student son as witnesses say his final words to officer were sarcastically asking 'Oh, you're gonna shoot me?' More than 200 people including family and friends of Texas university student Robert Cameron Redus, 23, have gathered for a candlelight ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Mail.

Eye for an eye

San Antonio, TX

#1 Dec 8, 2013
Filthy pig. Why is he hiding? Big sissy.
anonymously posted

United States

#3 Dec 8, 2013
it was personal the reason that fat pig shot him the fat flucker cop just was jealous he didnt go to school and wasn't as popular as redus. and redus let him know that and that fat pig followed him and waited for the right time to shoot redus. i mean how could that fat flucker campus pig pas his training test. he shouldn't even be a security guard. that cop wont get due justice. someone needs to investigate if these two had words or if redus did a report on campus police or him. that could show prejudice.
anonymously posted

United States

#4 Dec 8, 2013
someone will probably go after him and get real justice. its time cops get punished for nonsense killing and like that cop that shot into the minivan full of kids. he carelessly discharged his fire arm an could have killed those kids. alot of cops are good people but some need vigilante justice. its time we take a stand and march to headquarters and demand justice before things get out of hand a people start killing these cops.
The Constitution

San Antonio, TX

#5 Dec 8, 2013
anonymously posted wrote:
someone will probably go after him and get real justice. its time cops get punished for nonsense killing and like that cop that shot into the minivan full of kids. he carelessly discharged his fire arm an could have killed those kids. alot of cops are good people but some need vigilante justice. its time we take a stand and march to headquarters and demand justice before things get out of hand a people start killing these cops.
You got it all figured out, right kiddo? How the hell do you know what happened? Where you there? You're just another blow hard, that doesn't have sense enough to pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel! You don't even know the facts and you have already determined the officer is guilty yet you want justice for the student. Just to inform you that even the officer has a right to a fair trial if it shows that it's required. It's called the American justice system, INNOCENT until proven guilty imbecile!
anonymous

United States

#6 Dec 8, 2013
we all know its guilty until proven innocent, if not why does the system work the way it does. justice needs to be done to this cop. that cop had no right to shoot and kill redus maybe injure him thats it. something needs to be done to these renegade cops and people who use the castle law just as an excuse to kill someone who is un armed. things have gotten way out of hand with cops in bexar county and san antonio and texas in general wit the castle law. if someone is running away from your house and u
anonymous

United States

#7 Dec 8, 2013
if someone is running away from u trying to get out of your house with something you have a right to shoot and kill them that is murder anyway you look at it in gods eyes. if someone refuses to leave your place after breaking in and come at you in a violent manner then you have the right. so much murder goes on in the name of castle law and just cause a cop says he felt his life was in danger. all of you murderers will burn of suffer one day. just wait. crooked cops will too, the law cant save them from god
anonymous

United States

#8 Dec 8, 2013
if someone was stealing from me and trying to run away with it i would shoot them in the azz not kill them. i am not downing the castle law it is a good thing some states you have to retreat into another room before you defend yourself. that gives the criminal time to hurt you. there are legitimate uses for the castle law but most abuse it just as an excuse to kill. and cops use the excuse i felt my life was in danger and they get off the hook. its only a matter of time before it backlashs on cops.
anonymous

United States

#9 Dec 8, 2013
and people that abuse the castle law and stand your ground laws. there will be rioting in the streets and demand that these people and cops be bought to justice weather it be vigilante or by the justice system. its time we all as people take a stand at the court hose this weekend and demand justice be held on that cop or wannabe fat azz who couldn't pass the physical training course to become a cop.
The Constitution

San Antonio, TX

#10 Dec 9, 2013
anonymous wrote:
and people that abuse the castle law and stand your ground laws. there will be rioting in the streets and demand that these people and cops be bought to justice weather it be vigilante or by the justice system. its time we all as people take a stand at the court hose this weekend and demand justice be held on that cop or wannabe fat azz who couldn't pass the physical training course to become a cop.
So I should let someone take whatever they want from me. Hell why not just throw me out of my house and take it over, right? Like rape my children or my wife or maybe even kill them? I should run into another room while this is going on? It's people like you that have put this country in peril with your twisted logic.
Pilgrim

San Antonio, TX

#11 Dec 9, 2013
anonymous wrote:
You really are ignorant. Spouting off on something you know nothing about. The officer IS a police officer. He carries the same license as any other police officer, sheriff's deputy, deputy constable or dps trooper. Before you make yourself look more stupid you need to read the law.
Wax

Irving, TX

#12 Dec 9, 2013
Luckily there is no judge named God in our Justice System....God judges you after your dead, while you're alive humans get to serve you Justice.
Audrey

UK

#14 Dec 10, 2013
Cops are supposed to de-escalate situations not escalate them. A traffic stop on a student and the student has to die??? That cop should be charged.
Anyone else would be.
Julian Castro

San Antonio, TX

#15 Dec 10, 2013
Audrey wrote:
Cops are supposed to de-escalate situations not escalate them. A traffic stop on a student and the student has to die??? That cop should be charged.
Anyone else would be.
I guess you didn't watch the news birch!
cop killer

United States

#16 Dec 10, 2013
someone should take care of that fat azz pig. he couldn't have even passed a physical training test. it should be looked into why he has worked for several agencies in the last nine years. and why he gave the back up cops totally wrong address. he wanted to kill this man on purpose. it stems from the cop being a fat loser and jealous of redus progressive life with campus tv.
cop killer

United States

#17 Dec 10, 2013
and hes on paid leave pending investigation. it should never be paid tax dollars to do nothing. maybe that would help cops not be so quick to pull the trigger. its only a matter of time before the public takes vigilante justice in there hands and goes after cops that kill senselessly. im not against police we need them for law and order but some like this one cross the line and should be fired. if he gave backup the right address they said redus might still be alive.
Captain Cho

San Antonio, TX

#18 Jan 25, 2014
anonymous wrote:
You really are a dumb ass. The Officer acted accordingly and within the limits of the law. It's Monday morning quarterbacks who have all weekend to analyze a situation to talk smack later. While the Officer only has a few seconds to react to a situation and fall back to training and street survival tactics to survive . Quit being a Keyboard Commando and do your research before talking out your anal orfice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of the Incarnate Word Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FBI investigating shooting of Texas man caught ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Greezy 5
News Video shows deputies shooting San Antonio man w... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Donny Brook 3
News Texas university officer in fatal shooting resigns (Jan '15) Jan '15 paddyomalley 1
News San Antonio colleges well-represented on 'Milit... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Radio Badlands 2
getting in (Jul '09) Jul '09 john smith 2
More from around the web